Queston for everyone

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby lise » April 21st, 2006, 10:32 am

I agree; try to prepare as much as you can before you leave.

My friends and I have a habit of going to a cheap buffet once a week at a local hotel. I know the chef there and she knows what I can eat. They serve great steamed veggies and a roast beef. So while my friends are chopping down on cabbage rolls and an endless array of pork, rice, potato wedges, I take my time and eat my lean and green.

My workplace often has a celebration or breakfast meeting. My boss got mad at me for not participating in eating the food. I explained my diet plan and now when I know there is a meeting, I make muffins of out my oatmeal and eat that along with my water and I am fine. I have a co-worker who is on MF as well, (although not compliant at all) and she is hiding this from my boss. I often make her meals too so she doesn't need to explain to anyone what she is doing.

I am going to St.Kitts to see my boyfriend. He knows about MF and knows that apart from my L & G, I will not be eating the same as him. His housemates are a little worried and a little insulted since they want to make a special meal for me. However, since I've explained what I can eat, and how food must be prepared, they are fine.

There is a way of staying compliant without people asking you what to do; the real key is to prepare in advance. You can bring a magic bullet with you and mix shakes in your room. To transport the shake, go visit a vendor and ask for a cup and straw and make it to go and explain that you saw this shake and really wanted it. For your oatmeal, make cookies or muffins and freeze them. When you arrive. grab one and re-warm it in the microwave. For soups or chili, ask for a bowl of hot water. Add the soup without anyone looking or worse case, take your waiter aside and ask if they can mix the soup with the required amount of water and bring to your table. Most restaurants are very willing to accomodate.

I see no shame in admitting that you are on MF. For some I know they don't want anyone knowing, there is just some prep work to do.

Good luck!
lise
Trusted Member

Postby ascicles » April 21st, 2006, 11:47 am

mellowmom wrote:I don't know whether it was the butter or the oil for sure, but when I got home after dinner I got a really upset stomach and spent the better part of the night in the john.

I'm going off-plan in a few weeks when I go to Vegas (no need for a lecture, I've already received it in another thread). I am going to try my best to eat healthy, but I am really concerned about getting sick.

I wonder if I should try to ween myself off of Medifast a few days before, just so I can get any potential sickness out of my system?
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 21st, 2006, 1:51 pm

No, No, No!!!

:mrgreen:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 21st, 2006, 3:10 pm

Just be careful of high-fat food, or you'll spend most of your holiday riding the porcelin bus....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Come on in.