Questions for some motivation?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Questions for some motivation?

Postby Saraak » January 10th, 2006, 2:52 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm on my 7th day of the diet and I'm not craving at all so thats great. One question. I lost 5 lbs in my first 4 days and now nothing. Is this normal at first to stall for a few days in the beginning. Also, I'm drinking a TON of water. I mean like about 150 oz a day. Do you think someone can drink too much water?? Also, would it be ok to do just a few toning exercises or is it best to just do no exercising at first ?? Thanks.

Sara
Saraak

Postby Lauren » January 10th, 2006, 3:27 pm

Ha! Sara, my first week I started getting paranoid about drinking too much water as well! I started googling water articles to make sure I wasn't going to drown myself!

I found that it is not recommended that you drink insane amounts of water, as you are likely flushing away some good stuff too, so you might want to cut back a bit. Most people here seem to drink between 64-100 or so ounces of water. I personally tend to drink on the high end of that, but most in the first half of the day, and slow down for the evening, otherwise I spend the whole night running to the toilet!

You might benefit from scheduling your water around your meals. I find that we are dealing with wanting to snack or eat or be busy, so I try to drink my water between my meals-something to keep this mouth busy.

Also, I buy the 24oz "sport" water bottles, and refill one throughout the day, and then start a new one the next morning. I find it is most easy to calculate, and the water goes down so easy!

Regarding exercise, the key is that you don't know how your body will feel and react to exercise, as it is just reconciling this new caloric intake. If you've been exercising in the past, doing some toning should not be a problem, just be aware of how you are feeling. If you've never exercised, you really want to be careful, take it easy on yourself, and let your body learn to cope. If you are determined, I would recommend you drink a fast soup that day (for the potassium, to avoid cramping), and have a shake or bar within an hour before you exercise. Be aware of your body, and what it's telling you. If it's telling you that it's tired, take a nap instead of a walk!

I found that after a couple weeks I actually had a "get up and go" energy, I started wanting to walk everywhere, and all that good stuff. I think that was my body telling me it was ready to rock. Your body will let you know, too!

Good luck, and keep on keepin' on!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Stalled

Postby Jan » January 10th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Hi Sara,
We need to remember that weight loss is a very personal thing. That is we all lose at our very own rate. Plus, many many things affect us. For example some are, hormnones, stress and lack of sleep. Plus weight loss is generally not linear. That is some weeks we lose more, some weeks we lose less. That's just the way it is. Don't worry you will part with the pounds-- but at your body's very own rate. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » January 10th, 2006, 7:12 pm

Sara...... :wave: ......welcome..... :yeah: .....the girls gave you great advise.....just follow this accordingly and pray for patience... :angel: ....we all do lose at different speeds...... :hmmm: .....my personal speed was slower than a turtles pace..... :huh: ....but the good news is...... :weightlift: ........with perseverence...WE CAN ALL CROSS THE FINISH LINE... :trophy: ..this isn't a race... :hug: ..although I do understand the feeling .. :hmmm: ..or the fantasy....of wanting to reach goal in a week or two....lol......but the reality is some weeks are bigger losses than others ..... :clap: ...if you are compliant you will be rewarded....... :star: .......try hard and enjoy the journey..... :angel: .......my prayers for your strength and success

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » January 10th, 2006, 10:41 pm

Sara, I always lose in fits and starts like that. I'll drop 3 pounds in a couple of days, then nothing the rest of the week (and that's in a erally good week). Try not to sweat it; the pounds will start coming off again soon enough. And even when the scale isn't showing a loss, you're probably losing and you'll notice your clothes getting roomier pretty darn soon.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

motivation thanks

Postby saraak » January 11th, 2006, 9:39 am

Thanks for all the reassurance guys! I'll see what happens over the next week. It was my first week and I lost 6 lbs. I should be thankful. The only thing I'm worried about is I lost all that in the first 4 days and I was doing all 5 meals shakes then lean and green. Then I've started adding other medifast meals and thats when it slowed down. Could that be why? I don't knwo Ill find out!! Thanks again!
saraak

Return to Come on in.