question?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

question?

Postby luvlee78 » January 14th, 2006, 7:07 pm

So, I was peering into my fridge, looking for an allowable snack and I happened to come across some celery. Thing is, I hate celery and the only way I can eat it is with A LOT of peanut butter! Is this allowed?!! :lol: okay, okay, I'm just kidding! I know the answer!

Thing is, I'm on day four and LOVING IT! I can't believe I am not even hungry or craving any sugar sweets! Actually, spacing the meals 2-3 hrs apart makes me feel like I eat all day long and that really helps my psyche! (along with the bars, they are def. a treat!) I have even been able to resist temptation quite easily. yesterday my husband decided to eat pizza in front of me, and today it was a chili cheese dog at the bowling lanes!! I actually didnt even really care (the chili dog wasn't that appealing anyways!)

My actual question is I was wondering what to do with those strawberry shakes. The vanilla and chocolate ones are easy enough to jazz up, but I just can't seem to acquire the taste of that strawberry. Soon I will have used up my other packets and those ones will be the only ones left! :x

Good Luck to all!
Luvlee
luvlee78

celery and strawberry shakes

Postby Jan » January 14th, 2006, 9:04 pm

Hi Luvlee,
I've heard of putting s/f green apple syrup on celery to make it taste like an apple. It is crunchy. Sorry no peanut butter.
Now to the strawberry shakes. You could mix them with a diet soda. Orange or a 7-up type one might be good with strawberry. You could also add extract, maybe banana or coconut to alter the flavor a little.
Try a couple of things and see what you like.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » January 14th, 2006, 10:14 pm

Jan's right. I'm not a big fan of the shakes, but adding some banana-flavored DaVinci syrup (sugar-free, of course) helps a lot. Or sometimes I made it with Crystal Light (the pre-made kind) instead of water. Raspberry works well with chocolate, vanilla or strawberry shakes.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Hyperion » January 15th, 2006, 7:13 pm

Hi luvlee,

I am actually on the full fast (4 shakes, 1 oatmeal, 1 soup), so I have a lot of shakes every day.

My secret for not being bored:

- 5 crushed ice cubes
- 2/3 cup water
- Blender to crush ice
- Add the packet
- Blend again in Smoothie mode

The shake is sooooo delicious I could say it's sometimes even better than oatmeal. When I have to go out, I mix it the old way (with shaker jar). It definitely is not the same (I'd say it's like divine with ice & blender, and painful without).

Try it, you could be surprised!
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Come on in.