question..

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

question..

Postby junebug19 » December 22nd, 2005, 8:37 am

now.. do we HAVE to eat the bars every day to achieve the proper weightloss? I was just wondering. so. its definitely 5 of any combos for the diet, and then a bar?
I was just slightly confused about that part.
junebug19

Postby Serendipity » December 22nd, 2005, 8:54 am

Hi Junebug,

No, you don't have to eat a bar. The bars are counted as 1 supplement, so if you don't want a bar, you can have a shake/soup/oatmeal instead. But if you do have a bar, you need to limit those to 1/day. If you're doing the 5 & 1 program, you need to have a total of 5 supplements and one lean & green meal as explained in the Quick Start Guide. If you're doing the complete plan, I think it's still 5 supplements unless you doctor says you should have 6. Hope this helps.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Hyperion » December 22nd, 2005, 8:59 am

Hi junebug,

First; welcome :D

About your question:

1. Full Fast: 5 to 7 supplements a day. Since the protocol changed, you can have 5 to 7 "anything", but you CANNOT have more than 1 bar (which counts for 1 meal).

2. 5&1 Plan: 5 MF packets of whatever you want, you can have a bar but only ONE a day. The other meal is Lean & Green.

Here is my schedule if that may help you. I'm doing full fast:

07h00: Shake
09h30: Oatmeal
12h00: Soup
14h30: Shake
17h00: Shake
20h00: Shake

6 meals a day and feeling extra fine. If I have an extra hunger, I grab a "Fast Soup", which is not a regular soup. 30 calories, fortified with sodium and potassium, it is fine to fill you and is a freebie. If I have a long evening, or I need to go out, I replace the 20h00 shake with a bar; the hunger seems to go away longer. On these occasions, I may also space the meals a little more (3-3.5 hours instead of 2.5), so I can make my day easily.

The secret is:

- Regularity (eat every 3 hours at least)
- Lots of water (You're made at 75% of water, prove it!)

If you have any more questions, feel free to post! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby big ron » December 22nd, 2005, 9:48 am

June, the bars are an optional meal. I have never used the bars myself I dont really have a taste for them. You can do without the optional soups or bars but you must have the shakes.You should have at least 3 regular shakes a day to ensure proper nutrician.
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Hyperion » December 22nd, 2005, 9:50 am

Actually Ron,

That was the old protocol. Nancy correct me if i'm wrong, but now you can have any supplements (except bar of course) instead of the shakes.
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Postby big ron » December 22nd, 2005, 10:01 am

Thats great I was always told that you must have 3 shakes. Thats good news if it changed more variety. Of course the first time I started this was in the 80's and there wasnt as much variety as now.

Hype-Are you calling me old??? :bahhumbug: ha ha
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron

Postby Unca_Tim » December 22nd, 2005, 10:07 am

Hi JuneBug and welcome to the forum,
:wave:
Everyone has given you some great advice.
From a sticky in "A Message from your Hosts" room.
Explains the new protocol about 3 shakes:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-1936.html

Let us know if you have more questions.
Happy Shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

ookay

Postby junebug19 » December 22nd, 2005, 10:16 am

well yeah. now i understand the whole fast soup thing.( thanks!) well. I think I will have a bar before my last meal of the day. if they are good. which i hope they are they will serve me as my little treat. i don't know if i should just do the straight fast. or include the lean and green meals. i have about 180 pounds to lose. so.. what do you guys think? also.. i dont have a scale here at home. so do ya'll think that the pounds will be shown when my pants are really baggy? well i guess yes. (lol. i love answering my own questions!)
i love this group. its great.
junebug19

yeahh

Postby junebug19 » December 22nd, 2005, 11:07 am

thankkss. about the compliment for the name. yeah. my birthday is in june. so yeah. ;) anyways.. well i guess i will have to do the lean and green then. i only have tunafish around the house right now. soo. i dont' know.. i have plenty of broccoli and cautiflower though. for now i think i am going to have to resort to the tunafish for now? is that okay? its not low sodium or anything. but it is packed in water. i do visit a doctor every two weeks. but not to do any blood work or anything. but yeah... i guess i will have to do the lean and green thing too.
THANKS AGAIN!!
junebug19

Question

Postby Jan » December 22nd, 2005, 11:24 am

Wow!!
The forum members are really great :D With great advice :D
Junebug, I haven't noticed much difference in weight loss between people who do the complete program -- or the lean and green.
Tuna is great -- 7 oz Make sure it is water packed though. Don't worry about the sodium everything else is very low. In fact, we tell people to drink bouillon -- regular-- if they feel a little light headed. I'll bet with the amount of weight you want to lose the pounds will come off pretty quickly. Watch those pants -- mine fell right off -- fortunately in my back yard!! :mrgreen: (Nancy had the same experience -- now you know how frugal we are :mrgreen: )
I'll be watching for you
jan
Jan
Preferred member

question...

Postby huntersmom » December 22nd, 2005, 11:48 am

Junebug, the bars are wonderful. You should definitely order some. If you really like lemon~the lemon fantasy is good. The chocolate carmel is really good, too.
huntersmom

Postby junebug19 » December 22nd, 2005, 3:29 pm

Well. I am defintely a college student. Right now I am on winter break. So its the perfect time to start. Thanks all for your posts. Well yeah I would love to find a place that has all the greens for me. But in retrospect. Once I get to a fastfood place I order extra stuff. So I will not be able to get that stuff yet. But ttthhaanks. So yeah when I start school again I am goin to have to make shake cookies. But it should be alright. I have one supplement left plus lean and green meal. I am starving. But I am not thinkin about food that much. I can't wait till I can fit into the jeans I want to.
junebug19

Postby Nancy » December 22nd, 2005, 4:14 pm

Junebug ~

It seems like the great MakeMeThinner folks are already helping you here but I do want to make a few comments…

You mentioned that you’d have your bar later –
I think I will have a bar before my last meal of the day

Please know that it is best to not have a bar for breakfast and it is best to not have it in the evening. The reason is the bars are higher in calories and carbs than any of our other products. If you are ever faced with a choice of eating something totally off the program or a bar, of course – take the bar! But otherwise, we suggest that bars be eaten sometime after breakfast and considerably before bedtime.

Vicky, those bars are really good to take to the theater, aren’t they? With a cup of coffee or hot tea, they are every bit as satisfying as :twisted: popcorn and so much better for us when we avoid the butter-flavored oil the popcorn soaks up.

Ron, there have been a lot of changes to the program since the ‘80’s and the changes are really good. There are so many new shake flavors, oatmeal and now the soups. I tried our newest peach oatmeal today and loved it. It will be available next month…when people are on the program for a long time, it is so nice to have the variety of products available to prevent flavor fatigue. After three and a half years of using Medifast, I still find it tasty and satisfying. Like others, I have my favorites and use them daily.

The protocol for the 5 and 1 Program consists of any five products – you could conceivably have 5 packets of Chicken Noodle Soup or 5 packets of Chocolate Puddin’ if you’d prefer.

The former protocol stated one must consume a minimum of three cold shakes as it was thought that heating the soy could result in possible degradation of the nutrients but further research and testing disputed that, resulting in the current standard.

If people are having hunger issues, I suggest they consider increasing the number of soy shakes to three or four because soy does have natural appetite suppression characteristics and is less carby than say a bar, the Chili or the Chicken With Wild Rice Soup and the additional soy just may enable their hunger to feel satisfied longer.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby big ron » December 22nd, 2005, 4:37 pm

thanks Nancy for the info. I think the changes are great I too have my favorites and have tried some of the new flavors. I am an oatmeal lover and will try that peach oatmeal for sure. Even though I have done this program a few times I wasnt up to date on things Thanks again Ron
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron

Postby Nancy » December 22nd, 2005, 4:48 pm

You are most welcome.

The Peach Oatmeal smells wonderful. It is creamy and has chunks of peaches. I added a teensy tinsy sprinkle of cinnayum and loved it even more.

I sometimes have oatmeal at bedtime - I'm a two serving a day lady most often!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to Come on in.