Question regarding the complete program

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Question regarding the complete program

Postby Alisha » June 28th, 2005, 8:53 am

Hi everyone! I hope this lil post finds you all well :-P

I have received notice from the UPS truck that my Medifast is due to be delivered today and I'm so excited to start on the path of slimness!

I do have one question I wondered if you great buddhas of Medifast could help me with since you have all done SO incredibly well!! :yes:

I am currently 5'3" tall (on a good day) and I weigh 252.5 pounds. I am aiming for a goal weight of 115. Because I am so overweight, will drinking 5 shakes a day be enough calories to prevent my body from entering into starvation mode? The local Medslim clinic recommends 5 but I've seen people mention 5-6. I was hoping to keep it at 5 due to the cost. I know it's worth it, but unfortunately I can't pay my rent in pounds lost. (Although that would sure be a motivator huh?) I am not doing lean and green to start with - the temptation factor is too great until I get out of my old eating habits.

I'm using this board as my motivation, support and advice. Right, wrong or indifferent, I currently don't have any form of health insurance so doctor's supervision is just not available to me. However, I'd rather do this than worry about paying out of pocket when my heart or kidneys fail or contracting diabetes due to beging overweight.

Any advice on this starvation mode syndrome would be most appreciated!

Huge thanks! The journey begins tomorrow!

All the very best.

~Alisha :rose:
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 28th, 2005, 9:20 am

Hi Alisha,
As a health advisor, all I can tell you is what is prescribed. The full fast is now a minimum of 6 meal replacements and should be monitored closely by a physician.

Sorry, I can't expand on that much...
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby dlr2424 » June 28th, 2005, 11:23 am

Alisha....... :wavie: ...first of all WELCOME... :yes: ..so glad to have you joined us LOSERS.... :goteam: ........if 5 supplements is all you can do right now then I would suggest having a lean & green............I know food choices may present a problem for you ... :scratch: ..but maybe if you make up 5-6 premeasured meals in a tubberware container and freeze them you could pretend they are supplements as well........ :D ......much like the food bars..........using them only one per day.............that way you would have them in advance... :star: ..they would be healthy and convenient.... :star: ....and you wouldn't have to face real food meals everyday...... :roll: .....So maybe on Sundays make grilled chicken and vegetables and then divide it into 5-6 meals..... :huh: ......just a suggestion.....hope all goes well for you..... :mrgreen: .......
donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Guest » June 28th, 2005, 12:32 pm

Wow Donna thanks for the warm welcome and for Unca's clarification too. I certainly appreciate it!

I have ordered a 28 day supply of Medifast, but that was going by 5 a day. I will try and squeeze out another three boxes on my next order but, if not, I certainly will take your advice and go the lean and green. I'm all about doing this healthily but I also don't want to compromise my weight loss by eating too much. That's what always has discouraged me in the past and caused me to fail. Losing weight by a pound or two a week is just not something I have patience for. That, and absolutely HATING to cook.

I will ensure to keep everyone posted on how it goes. Many thanks again. I'm very grateful for your support!

~Alisha :rose:

Postby Alisha » June 28th, 2005, 12:34 pm

Oopsie! That was me :) ^ I'm sorry... didn't realize it had bumped me out! :)
|
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 28th, 2005, 4:04 pm

Hi Alisha,
Looks like you're setting yourself up for success.

Sorry I didn't welcome you to the forum on that last post. It was one of those passing through quickly moments.....:)
Keep us posted.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Weight Loss