Question for the 80, 90, 100# Club

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Question for the 80, 90, 100# Club

Postby cydj21 » January 17th, 2006, 8:27 pm

Late in day 3 my spirits are generally good, but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I have faith from reading so much on the forum that the program works, but I am so used to failure it is hard not to expect it I think. I am so excited for my happier, healthier lifestyle....and yet there is a little voice in the back of my mind telling me I am destined to fail just like every other time.

My question is this....recognizing that everyone is different, and loss rates vary, I was wondering if those of you who are in the 80, 90 and/or 100# club could give me an idea of how much you lost and how long it took?

I know I have a long road to travel, and I am committed and prepared for that. Physically I feel good, and I'm not craving like I expected too. I think my issues right now are purely psychological....and I'm trying to overcome that with some positive reinforcement. I'm not looking for a magic wand...I'd just like a general frame of reference...I think it will help reassure me that losing 125 pounds is not just a dream in my crazy head, but that it can be and will be a reality.
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

80 - 90 - 100 club

Postby Jan » January 17th, 2006, 8:43 pm

Hi cydj,
I'm not in the 80 - 100 club but have had lots of experience with people who are so maybe you'll believe me when I say YES YES you can do it. I have one friend who has now lost well in excess of 100 pounds and has about 100 more to go. She is making steady steady progress. Is it easy?? Most likely no -- it takes dedication, will power and compliance. But I for one know it is possible and plus most likey the easiest program available I myself have lost 50 pounds -- which was not easy either. I have sleep apnea which slows down my metabolism (I can't use the c-pap machine) soooo it was slow going for me. But I parted with it in about 4 - 4 1/2 months so I think that is tremendous!!! Now I'll let some of the "big losers" chime in and tell you "the way it is" :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby 24KaratGold » January 17th, 2006, 9:30 pm

I started MF-ing on January 3 of last year. By April I had lost 48 pounds. I went off MF to go to Hawaii, so was off about two weeks. I gained back 6. I went back on and lost another 20 in about six weeks. It took me about two months to lose another 20, but I was not completely compliant in that time. That was about mid-July. From there on I was on and off with MF. I did dip down another ten pounds through to about Halloween, but put that back on by the beginning of this New Year. That was plan -- not that I intended to gain any weight back, but that I knew I did not want to watch my food too closely over the holidays.

I'm now back on MF and looking forward to losing the last 25-30 pounds.

By the way -- somewhere in week 3, 4, or 5, you probably won't lose anything in the way of numbers on the scale that week or ten days or so (although you will find your clothes feel better). Stay with it. I didn't lose anything at all reportable in Week 3 or 4, but then week 5 it picked right back up again.

I love this. I've gone from a 24W to a 14 regular, and people keep telling me I look great. And with MF, I know that I am in control, now. Even if I gain a little back because of something like the holidays, it's a powerful feeling to know that once I go right back on MF, the weight comes off. It means that I can keep it off, and that's the really hard part.

Good luck to you!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby ljm498 » January 18th, 2006, 5:08 am

Hi Cydj. I'm not quite to the 80lb club but will hopefully be within the next few weeks. I've been on MF since the last week of March and will probably hit my goal at around the same time so I'm look at about a year total. I've been losing pretty consistently from the beginning. I took somewhat of a break during the holidays that's time I lost. I will tell you that for me, the closer I get to goal the slower the weight goes, but it DOES go.

I think I can speak for many people here when I say that your feelings are totally normal about fear of failure. But let me tell you that once you see the weight coming off and you're feeling better, it will be just the confidence boost you need. You will see that this program WORKS. You may have some weeks where you have little loss but don't get down, your body is still losing, it's just readjusting to the weight loss.

You can do this! I'm not saying it's going to be easy because it surely won't, but stay strong, stay compliant and come here to the forum for support and you will see yourself getting healthier everyday!

Good luck!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby horsey girl » January 18th, 2006, 8:51 am

Cydj. I started Medifast the end of January 2005 wearing a tight 20. I now wear a 5/6 and some fours. It took me about 9 months to make the #90 club. My metabolism was wrecked by numerous diets over the years until I reached the point that I would lose the same 10 lbs on every diet and then plateau for weeks until I got frustrated and gave them up. Medifast is the only diet that worked from the start and continued to work. My lose was not nearly as fast as some and I did have zero weeks, but the excting thing to me was that it continued to work! :D I did wake up some mornings overwhelmed by how far I still had to go, especially at first. I think of it this way. It may take you a year to lose your weight on Medifast, but in a year you will be a year older anyway. Do you want to be a year older and still fat and miserable? I was, or do you want to be a year older, feel and look great and be slender? The choice is yours where you will be this time next year. I'm a year older, look years younger, feel great, and wear what I like. [I've got to quit shopping! ;) ] I don't think that we have to ask if thats what you want this time next year! You can do it. Just keep your eye on the prize and take it one day at a time. Each day of Medifast sucessfully completed is a victory and with each one your confidence will grow. Wait until the compliments start rolling in. Won't that be a new feeling! :shock: Check in here every time you feel overwhelmed and see how many happy people went before you. Best of luck. Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl

Postby Nancy » January 18th, 2006, 2:31 pm

I lost 130 pounds in 7 months.

It was not easy, Fear of Failure is very common - especially for those of us who have been overweight for a long time and seem to be chronic dieters.

cydj21, this is a difficult place to be when we are over one hundred pounds overweight.

Being overweight is hard on our bodies physically but the emotional toll it takes is the greatest challenge of all. It is overwhelming to have a lot of weight to lose. I know.

When I talk to people that have 25 pounds to lose, it seems like such a dipsy little amount and is nothing in comparison to what we face but for those people who are 25 pounds overweight, it is STILL a challenge! 25 pounds affects our health and the way we feel about ourselves. Losing weight is rough and tough in every way but it is possible, with Medifast it is probable.

We lose 100 pounds the same way we lose 25 pounds: we do it one shake at a time, every two to three hours. We choose health over not-so-healthy. We choose to refrain from eating the things that are not of value to us at the moment in favor of the things that bring us vitality and self-satisfaction in the months ahead.

Losing weight is not a guarantee that we will not get certain diseases in the future and losing weight will not necessarily bring us happier relationships but it does bring us deep appreciation for our bodies, for the commitment we have made to ourselves and the improvement in our sense of well-being is tremendous.

This is not a race – everyone who works at it, wins. You are just in the very beginning stage – trust us. When you don’t have the faith, we do. Keep going.

Do not go thru days 1-3 AGAIN.
Do it right, do it right now.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby cydj21 » January 19th, 2006, 1:57 pm

Thank you to everyone for your inspiring words. Today is day 5, and I feel great. I think my energy level is up, and so far no headache today. Days 2 - 4 I was having frequent headaches, but once I would drink more water or have a little snack it would start to ease up. Probably just all part of my body adjusting.

Last night I passed (with flying colors I might add!) my first real challenge. :D Every Wednesday my friends and I go out for drinks and pizza at this great pub in town. I really wanted to take the easy road out and just not go last night, but I did go and I shocked myself at how awesome I did. :star: I hung out with everyone, had fun, and didn't really feel tempted at all to eat the pizza....and this is the best pizza in town! :thumbsup: I feel really good about that today.

I was just talking with my mom on the phone, the first time since placing my first order. She seems really excited and happy for me. When I did Atkins in the past, she was never really on board (not to mention Atkins caused major gall bladder issues for me. :x ), so it was really good to hear her voice and have her seem so supportive. :heart: I explained what the program was, and she seemed a tiny bit concerned with how low calorie it is, but overall thinks it sounds great. That certainly helps to fuel my fire. :yay:

Overall, week one seems to be going well for me. I feel like I have finally made up my mind and I'm going for it.

Do not go thru days 1-3 AGAIN. Do it right, do it right now.

Wow, Nancy. When I read that I teared up a little bit, because that is exactly what I plan to do. :yes:

What would I do without all the encouragement from all of you amazing people? :hug: Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21

Postby Nancy » January 19th, 2006, 2:11 pm

Woo Hoo!

What a great success story already - you passed on the pizza and now look at you - it empowered you for today!

Yes, drinking water keeps headaches away, also increases our energy and fills us up.

Keep on keeping on!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

THANKS!!!

Postby bear45 » January 19th, 2006, 3:27 pm

To all of you for posting!! I, too, have lots of pounds to lose...one shake at a time...one day at a time...it really helps to hear from you all who have lost so
much...Lisa in Dallas
bear45
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.