Question for Nancy

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Question for Nancy

Postby MusicalMomma » March 23rd, 2006, 10:01 am

Hi Nancy...I've been reading some conflicting views on the L & G portion of the program.

Can we or can we not split our L & G, eating two smaller meals, and still be compliant with the program? And if I may sneak in one more question, must we eat ALL 5-7oz (depending on the meat) of our Lean if eating a little less still keeps us within the 800-1100 cal guidelines?

Thank you in advance for clearing this up for me :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Dividing the Lean and Green Meal into 2 Portions

Postby Nancy » March 24th, 2006, 8:19 am

Hello, MusicalMomma ~

I'm sorry it's been confusing trying to sort out whether or not the Lean and Green meal can be split into two portions...it's because I was given conflicting information over the years.

Medifast does tell clients they may split the Lean and Green meal by separating it into two small portions.

Be sure to get the full portion of the Lean and Green meal and we must include all 5 Medifast meal packets in the daily meal plan.

It is best if we eat the entire Lean and Green as a whole meal, but if necessary, we may separate it into two portions.

re: Splitting the Vegetable portion into cooked vegetables AND green salad:

Many people have asked if it is all right to have half portions of a green salad and a half portion of the cooked green vegetable for the Lean and Green meal...

Nope, we do not recommend doing that. :mrgreen:

Medifast recommends one or the other because the carbohydrate content of vegetables can vary. Cooked vegetables may have a higher carbohydrate level. Medifast recommends that we have either a salad or a cooked vegetable, not both, or a combination of both.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room