question about diabetic supplements

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

question about diabetic supplements

Postby guest » July 26th, 2005, 11:15 am

I am not a diabetic but would it be okay to use the diabetic supplements? I f so will it make a difference one way or another on the weight loss?
Thanks

Postby DogMa » July 27th, 2005, 1:13 am

I'm not diabetic, but I use them some of the time. I'm insulin-resistant and hypoglycemic, plus I prefer to eat as little sugar as I can.

One warning: The diabetic bars' first ingredient is maltitol, which can cause some digestive problems.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » July 27th, 2005, 7:37 am

Yep, you may use the diabetic line of products.

Many of the regular line of products typically used by non-diabetics are also approved for use by diabetics such as the Medifast RTDs (Ready To Drinks), Medifast Oatmeal, Tropical Punch, Cranberry Mango, Creamy Broccoli Soup, Creamy Chicken Soup, Chili, Chicken Noodle Soup, Minestrone Soup, Essential 1 Chicken Salad and Essential 1 Tuna Salad.

All the products in the diabetic line contain less than 9 grams of carbohydrates and less than 6 grams of sugar per packet (serving). Medifast Plus for Diabetics products have been certified by the Glycemic Research Institute and are authorized to carry the GRI seal of approval

Malitol is used because it has been shown to actually improve the glucose readings of many diabetics. Most people tolerate Malitol very well; it’s Sorbitol that sends some of us a’runnin’….

I have several non-diabetic clients that prefer the diabetic shakes and bars because they are less sweet and they like the crunchy texture of the diabetic bars.

The meal products in the diabetic product line contain biotin and chromium which improves glucose tolerance.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.