10 Pounds! Oh, and too much water?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

10 Pounds! Oh, and too much water?

Postby Lauren » November 17th, 2005, 1:46 pm

Hey, folks-

Thanks for all your posts, I am an MF newbie, first time on the diet, and today marked my first week. I lost 10 pounds! I know that much of that is water, but who cares? It's 10 pounds less on me, right? I have a long way to go (need to lose over 100 pounds), but a friend told me to keep my goals small and manageable, so I am setting 5 pound goals - which means I just surpassed two already!

Anyway, I have a side question. Is it possible to drink too much water? Nancy, I guess this is a question for you. I have had a pretty big year, I quit smoking (it's been over 7 months), turned 30, and now trying to lose this weight for the final time. I find myself drinking A LOT of water, probably just for something to do with my addictive habits. I am chewing gum, which helps, but I keep reaching for something, and it's the water. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for everything, people, I never thought I'd relay on a forum for support, but it helps fill time otherwise spent eating (or thinking about eating!). :-)

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Shellster » November 17th, 2005, 1:51 pm

Congratulations Lauren, 10 lbs is alot. I'm new too, I'm almost finished with my 2nd week, I lost 6 lbs my first week. Also congratulations on quit smoking that's a big deal too. As far as the water, I don't know how much you are drinking but somewhere on here there is a link to a web page that you put in your weight and it tells you how much you should drink and I have read that it's not good to drink too much water. I went to the websit and for me I was supposed to drink 124 oz of water a day. Do a search for water on here and you might find the link, sorry.
Michelle/Shellster

Shellster
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Lauren » November 17th, 2005, 1:53 pm

Thanks, Shellster, that's helpful, I will take a look now...
Lauren

Postby mama2benandrachel » November 17th, 2005, 3:34 pm

Hi Lauren,

Welcome! 10 lbs for your first week is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying (not always succeeding) to drink a gallon of water a day. Some where on this forum, I read a post that if you have a lot of weight to lose, you should try to drink a gallon (or more) of water a day.
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 17th, 2005, 6:59 pm

Hi Lauren,
Here's a good thread discussing water, and a link to a handy, dandy calculator to figure out how much you need...
:)

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-2690.html
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to The Weight Room