Placed my first order! Questions

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Placed my first order! Questions

Postby Lexy » April 28th, 2006, 8:29 am

Hello,
I was on Medifast a long time ago and did ok`I lost 20 pounds in about a month so i know it works. I recently started a new job. Most of my time is spent on the road driving. so i have a few concerns.

I realize i need to drink at least 64 oz of water. sometimes its hard for me to pull over constantly to pee so i avoid drinking anything as much as possible. i know i am going to have to change this in order to make this work. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. also,
what would be the best way to package my meals for the road. i need to get organized before my medifast arrives

I have 40 pounds to lose.
Thanks
Lexy

Postby DogMa » April 28th, 2006, 8:58 am

I try to cluster my water if I'm not going to have a bathroom available all the time. I'll start guzzling maybe an hour before I know I'll be stopping. I also have gotten much better about stopping at stores or gas stations if I need to. I just kind of include it in my travel time.

As for meals, can you bring a little cooler with cold water or stop at a minimart for water or to use the microwave? You can also order the Ready to Drink shakes; they can be a lifesaver when you're on the road.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby just_julie » April 28th, 2006, 9:11 am

I purchased a mug at Bed, Bath & Beyond that plugs into your car's lighter and can heat water - practically to boiling - if you choose. It has several settings. Many of these mugs say it will KEEP hot things hot, and I'm not sure those would actually heat things to the desired temp if they didn't start hot. I can have a soup ready to eat in about 12 minutes while driving. Now that it's getting hotter though, I use it less and less and opt for the fruit drinks instead.
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 28th, 2006, 2:09 pm

Don't have any travelling tips for you but wanted to say ...

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lauradr » April 28th, 2006, 6:33 pm

Lexy, I Travel for my job, I take A little cooler and drink when I know i;m going to stop. welcome :D :D
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 28th, 2006, 8:09 pm

Hi Lexy,
I'm one of the "road warriors" as well. I travel 260-280 days per year. I also drive A LOT! I generally start drinking water about 45 minutes before a scheduled stop (I stop every 4 hours). I have a little cooler that plugs into the cigarette lighter that keeps everything chilly. It's the size to hold a six pack.

I also LIVE for the Ready-to-Drinks! Traveling, they're SO worth it! I can't tell you how nice it is to not have to take the shaker jar into somewhere to wash it out!

I have a little quart tupperware-type container that has a lid with a closeable pour spout on top that I take with me on the road to make my soups/oatmeals. I make my puddings in my shaker jar.

I use hotel/truck stop/restaurant microwaves to make my soups. I have been known to have a restaurant heat up my oatmeal in the morning. Everyone's really nice and accomodating.

All my contact info is in my profile if you have any specific questions. Ask me ANYTHING you need to!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » April 29th, 2006, 5:40 am

Hi Lexy! You already got great advice! I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and back to Medifast!!! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.