Out of Lurkdom and into the 20 pound club!!!!!!!!!!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Out of Lurkdom and into the 20 pound club!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Walks262 » May 9th, 2005, 8:41 am

Hello Everybody!

I am so excited today that I decided I had to come out of lurkdom to share my success! I've now lost 20.5 pounds using Medifast :D. There is so much inspiration, helpful tips and humor on this Forum -- I wanted to join in and to thank you all.

Let me introduce myself with a brief version of my diet-a-log: I've been up and down most of my adult life; but mostly up. :( 8 years ago I got down within 20 pounds of my goal, but that was as close as I got. For all kinds of reasons -- none of them good, of course -- I started putting weight back on and on..... Then, finally, in 2003, mostly using principles from South Beach Diet I lost 30 pounds. And then nothing. At the end of last year I let myself fall victum to a vacation, the holidays and bad habits: I gained back at least 10 pounds. :x

It was 7 weeks ago on March 20 that I took back control. Except for a couple of planned/controlled deviations, I have been doing MF 5+1. I feel great! What a wonderful tool this product is. I feel that for the first time I can really make it to goal and stay there. I can get fit, trim and healthly! I can get rid of this handicap: this excess fat.

People have started to notice and comment -- how fun is that! DH is very proud and excited -- when can I go to Victoria Secret? he asks! And I think seeing less of me on Mothers Day was my best present to my Mom.

Anyway, good luck to all of us and we travel this MF journey. I look forward to sharing more successes together!
Walks262
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 9th, 2005, 9:01 am

Hi Walks262~~so glad you decided to come out of the shadows and into the light. This forum is definitely a shining light. It is the bright spot in my day.

You sound a lot like me. I got to within 10 pounds of my goal 10 years ago and since then I have just slowly gained 70# or so. But, I have to forget about the past and look to the future which appears to be lookin' pretty good for both of us. :D

Congratulations on your loss and your decision to get healthy. I look forward to chatting more.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Diet Diva » May 9th, 2005, 8:06 pm

Congrats!

Getting to that next pound club sure makes it fun! I remember when I joined my first club and then @ the 20 pound mark, and what a thrill that was. Keep up the good work. It definitely will pay off.

Take care and best wishes.

Diet Diva
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

Postby Guest » May 10th, 2005, 1:47 pm

I too want to congratulate you :yay:....

The most important fact here is that you NEVER GAVE UP ON YOURSELF...
I am so proud of you...... :yippee: Doesn't it feel good to look in the mirror and see the fast results Medifast gives us....what a great tool it is to have.

I agree, we have a great forum support here :goteam:

Keep us posted on your progress.... :jumprope:

Have a great week......:byebye:

Postby dlr2424 » May 10th, 2005, 3:13 pm

........Walks.........first I have to say welcome........ :wavie: ........and then I have to say I'm so glad you popped out of lurkdom and into the forum...... :yes: ..this is a fun & inspiring place to be............looking forward to sharing this journey with you.........keep shaking your doing great................ :dance:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.