Onto day eight...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Onto day eight...

Postby Marseilles » February 13th, 2006, 6:21 am

Well, so far I am pleased as punch!

I am starting day eight and thankfully, I positively breezed through the first week! Woohoo- it even came with it's share of challenges and I was a tad concerned, but made it just fine. I believe I may have done a bit too much this weekend though, as far as physical activity goes. My husband and I played a round of golf on Saturday, which although might be surprising to some, can be quite physically challenging. Then on Sunday, as we have family vacationing here, we spent 14 hours cruising Epcot. Boy was I beat at the end of the day. I am very thankful to have the most supportive husband, I tell ya. I do not have any rtd shakes on hand but he is a doll and packed my powdered shakes in his pocket and took the time to make sure I could get them mixed in a Dasani water bottle with the awful wind and cold that Orlando saw yesterday. He also packed water around for me without complaint. Sweetest guy, lucky me!

I bet we easily walked twenty miles throughout the day. The good news is, I feel WONDERFUL today. I am not at all sore or tired, which kind of surprises me. I expected to pay at least a little bit today.

It is so nice to be back in the swing of medifast and so very focused. I feel like the third time is the charm here, I dont recall feeling anywhere near this focused or motivated on my previous journey's with medifast.

For those that struggle, I cannot even begin to explain the feeling of freedom that has come with turning my back on the scale completely! By not weighing myself I have not made the pounds a focal point at all and it is very liberating. I feel like I can do this for the health benefits alone and oddly, I dont find myself curious about what that one bite of something or other might do to sabotage my weightloss. I find that I am not even a little bit concerned with the idea of cheating, this is a new way to do medifast for me! I do not feel like I am depriving myself of anything, but taking better care of myself than I ever have!

Anywho, very winded post here, so I will stop. I wish all of you a very successful week! Cheers!
-M.
:hi5:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » February 13th, 2006, 6:47 am

M

I live in the Orlando area and you are so right it is cold here!!! I don't know how you walked around in that cold all day. My hubby was outside putting a fence up yesterday and I did good to go out and help in about 20min incriments before retreating to the warmth of the house. You are doing so great and you will be hitting goal in no time!!

Keep shakin

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby SueInSLO » February 13th, 2006, 9:05 am

First off, GREAT job Marseilles sticking with your shakes while out and about! And a special WoooHooo to your hubby for being such a great support!! He's a keeper for sure.

You said:
For those that struggle, I cannot even begin to explain the feeling of freedom that has come with turning my back on the scale completely! By not weighing myself I have not made the pounds a focal point at all and it is very liberating.

I need to take this to heart! I'm a bit frustrated with the scale the last week, yet I know my clothes are looser! I only have a month left till the wedding and I'm anxious about the pounds. I don't cheat, ever! I added back the treadmill though and I was worried it would stall me. But, I know my body and the walking has always been good for me in the past. So, I need the freedom from the scale as well!!

*sigh* I am going to put the scale away until next Sunday Roll Call. I'll continue my walking and see what happens.

Thanks for a great post Marseilles! I'm excited to watch as you loose those pounds and share your journey!

Sue
:D
Start: 1/07/06
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to The Weight Room