One week of fat GONE!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

One week of fat GONE!!!

Postby veritas » March 21st, 2006, 1:36 pm

Okay everyone-

Today marked my first full week on medifast and I patiently waited all week to step on the scale :pace: till this morning. I was super happy to reveal a ....drum roll please..... 8 lb. loss!!! :boing: I was so excited!! I could already tell I was losing weight cause my clothes were oh so cozy and my tummy isn't protruding so much. This is great!!

Last night my hubby got an urge to bake some of his most famous chocolate chip cookies with our two daughters. He hasn't made those in over a year! :x To his credit, he did ask me first if it would be bothersome. I told him no that I would maybe leave the house for a while during the actual baking so I wouldn't be tempted. :twisted: However, I had so much to do at the house that I didn't leave and guess what? It didn't even tempt me AT ALL! :D Even he was surprised since these are my favorite. :shock: My whole outlook on food has changed.

Even when those sorry french fries start tempting me I think "What would my MF friends think of me eating this greasy thing?" :3head: I couldn't stand the thought of letting you down, you have all been such a support to me, Thanks. I LOVE YOU MAN!!!! :tears:
veritas
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby bzlife1967 » March 21st, 2006, 2:47 pm

AWWWWWW Warm fuzzy's over here :hug: c'mere you!!

Congrats on resisting that temptation!!
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

WTG

Postby dede4wd » March 21st, 2006, 3:27 pm

Way to go veritas! I'm so proud of you, homemade cookies? You did GREAT! As for the 8 lbs, woo hoo! The first 8 of many! Isn't it amazing that you start thinking that all kinds of things you think you love aren't worth it!!! To me, nothing's worth it! I can resist ANY temptation if I keep losing weight, NOTHING's WORTH IT! I'm SO proud of you! Here's to week 2!

DeDe

We're winning, can't you tell!!!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nicki » March 21st, 2006, 5:16 pm

What a great first week!!! And you deserve extra kudos for resisting those cookies!!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

WAY TO GO!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » March 21st, 2006, 6:30 pm

Image Your doing great!!!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby marrabou » March 21st, 2006, 6:56 pm

veritas thats kind of funny!!!

maybe i will credit this board for helping me avoid the sunday bagels in my building!!!

:exercise: :exercise: :exercise: :exercise:
30 lbs to lose
Start Date August 11, 2006
Plan is to go from 145 to 115
marrabou

Postby Lizabette » March 21st, 2006, 7:01 pm

VERITAS,

That is so :cool: that you think about letting down your MF friends if you eat the greasy french fries.

It is rough to be 'on the carpet' and have to admit that we strayed off program. But that is real accountability.

And it happens! If or when it does, getting right back 'on the carpet' and being accountable is what will make us stronger for the next obstacles that face us. :bricks:

Because those greasy french fries or fabulous chocolate chip cookies are just hurdles that we can jump, and keep right on running 'til we reach goal! :yes:

Good Going, Girl! :runner:

Lizabette

:yes:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ToyDiva » March 21st, 2006, 7:55 pm

Great job passing the 'test'! I am amazed too that I have no real desire to cheat. I might have a quick thought about eating something, especially this TOM, but it generally passes very quickly. I still find food shopping to be tough. I was munching on a bar while shopping at Walmart tonight, so that did help.

And, Super Congratulations on 8 pounds lost!! WTG!!
Started 02/21/6

ToyDiva
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room