One down, ??? to go!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

One down, ??? to go!

Postby mini me » April 4th, 2006, 7:26 am

Yesterday was my first day and I didn't deviate once which is HUGE for me. I was pretty hungry later in the evening, but I kept busy. I found that if I stay away from the television I'm okay; idle hands = snacking! So here I am in day 2 and I feel pretty good. I'm waiting for headaches and crankiness (although my kids say I'm normally pretty cranky to begin with :x ) to set in, but nothing yet. I'm really pleased so far. Gotta say that the chicken noodle soup is just gross, but I'm liking the shakes and bars. I'm assuming that as I go forward with this it will be alright for me to use only the supplements that I like (limiting my bar to 1 a day) and eliminating the others from my daily routine. Is that acceptable? AND can I have celery as a snack in addition to my lean and green?
mini me
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Pashta » April 4th, 2006, 8:19 am

Yep that is correct mini me. :) You can eat whichever ones you like, but only one bar a day. You can have 3 stalks of celery as a snack each day if you like. Oh I read somewhere on here a great idea about putting pudding in popsicle molds and freezing them, then you can snack on them throughout the day (that is one MF meal though).

Day 2 was the worst for me at dinnertime, I thought I was gonna lose it, yelled at my hubby (I had to cook them dinner). :roll: Glad to hear you are doing great so far! Keep it up!

:mrgreen:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ascicles » April 4th, 2006, 8:24 am

Yup. You are free to pick and choose. When I made my second order, I selected only shakes, bars, drinks, and puddings. Most days, I drink a hot cocoa, three shakes, and a bar. Next time though, I'm going to order a bunch of tropical punch, which will take the place of one of my shakes per day.

I can't stand any of the soups and I only like oatmeal about once every week or two...so I don't order (or eat) those things.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 4th, 2006, 12:21 pm

CONGRATS on your day one success!
Here's to many more

:cheers:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Linda » April 4th, 2006, 12:52 pm

Mini me, good for you! You are making it through day 2 and soon it will get a lot easier.

I would like to suggest that you not give up on any of the products until you have tried every variation you can find (perhaps in the lean cuisine section of this forum). I know that some of the ones I hated the first month are now my favorites. The only one I really haven't been able to tolerate was the Minnestroni but some people love it. For your remaining chicken noodle, might I suggest adding a packet of the chicken Fast Soup (the very small packet that can be used as a snack) and an extra 6 to 8 oz of hot water along with any salt, pepper or other spices you like in chicken noodle soup. If you didn't order any of the Fast Soups, do the same with a packet of bouillion.

Good luck
LINDA

Started Nov 6, 2005
5'3", 59 years young
Linda
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby DogMa » April 4th, 2006, 3:04 pm

Also, you might set aside some of the things you don't like and give them another try later on. Most of us have found our tastes have really changed while on the program.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Chicken Noodle Soup

Postby Jan » April 4th, 2006, 4:56 pm

Hi There,
Our tastes do change!! When I first had the chicken noodle soup I thought some chef with an evil sense of humor had concocted it. But, then I got so I really liked it. As others have said -- don't part with anything as of yet. Save the things you aren't so crazy about to try again. They may just turn into a favorite. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 4th, 2006, 6:33 pm

Hi, Good job on day 1!

I agree with Robin & Jan. Stuff I didn't like, I came back to in 3 weeks and suddenly LOVED the oatmeal!

Your next order, you can fine-tune and only get what you REALLY like!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 5th, 2006, 6:13 am

I totally agree!!! I swore that once I "choked" down the oatmeal I wasn't buying it again. So I would have anything but the oatmeal and then realized I had better eat some of it. Well this was about 4 weeks later and I couldn't believe how much I liked it!!! :idontknow:

Now I look forward to it every day and I actually bought MORE!! :thumbup:

Give everything a second try after a while and you will be surprised what you will like :D
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lizabette » April 5th, 2006, 9:36 am

Hi MINI,

Glad you are doing so good. Welcome!

The chicken soups are my favorites. I cut up a stalk of my snack celery into it, add a chicken boullion cube, season with Ms Dash, add an extra 1/2 to 1 cup of water...let it stand for several hours to soften, and then simmer on the stove until desired consistency. Having it at lunch today. :eat: Love it! :heart:
To me, the oatmeal is to die for. I buy extra to make muffins and cookies. Be sure to check the lean cuisine section on the forum for all kinds of ways to fix your meal replacements. 'Member your water! :water:

Again, glad you're here. Have a shakin' good time! :bananadance:

Lizabette

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Martin » April 5th, 2006, 10:48 am

I need to let the chicken noodle soup sit in water for a while before I cook it or I don't really care for it. I also add some cajun spices to give it a little more flavor. I haven't tried it yet but someone suggested adding a little lemon juice and pepper.
Martin
Certified Health Advisor - #80 Club

Return to Come on in.