NSV... of sorts

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

NSV... of sorts

Postby alpha femme » June 23rd, 2006, 12:02 pm

none of my pants fit!

i'm grateful-- more than i can say.

i'm also constantly pulling up my pants and washing and drying them on hot to try to get a couple hours of wear out of them. gotta be careful standing up, cause sometimes the jeans... don't.

i want to wait a little while before buyng new jeans; i'm hoping i can skip a size and spend less money (starving- ha ha- student here). i have noticed that sizes are so varied with weight.

i'm probably a 22 right now since the 24s are falling off. i wonder how much weight equals he next size down? it seems to be so different from person to person. all i know is it feels really good when your clothes don't fit for the right reasons.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Prancer » June 23rd, 2006, 1:25 pm

Way to go Alex!! I was told when on Weight watchers that every 10 pounds or so is a size. I think it might be different for people depending on their build.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Guest » June 23rd, 2006, 1:27 pm

Hi, that's great isn't it?? :D I'm having the same "problem" and I'm around the same size as you. I started in a 26 and now I'm in a 22 and occasionally a 20! It depends on the manufacturer. So nice to purposely dry them on hot instead of being paranoid they will shrink, huh?? good for you!! :D

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 23rd, 2006, 1:43 pm

Hi Alex,
If it wasn't for Savers and other thrift stores, I'd be dropping trou all over town! You may just want to get some used stuff, because I noticed I was WAY more motivated once I could SEE the progress I was making when I wasn't hiding in my too big clothes! I'm really cheap, so I'm not buying a new wardrobe for each size, just a few pieces...a top or two that fit and jeans or shorts. It really does help to SEE what you're losing! I also buy a "diagnostic" pair one size smaller so I know how I'm doing towards the next size. Luckily, everythings like $4, so I don't mind "splurging!"

Happy for you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » June 23rd, 2006, 2:54 pm

DeDe, I was going to suggest the same thing. Or I head for my favorite outlet store, where Wranger jeans are $8. I only get a couple of pairs because I know they're transitional sizes, but it sure is nice to see your progress - and have other people see it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nova » June 23rd, 2006, 2:59 pm

I second the notion of getting at least one good pair of pants that fit. Go to the thrift store, or I bought a pair of crops from Walmart for $14. The stuff from Goodwill was $8 for a pair of pants.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to The Weight Room