A nifty gadget for shakes!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

A nifty gadget for shakes!

Postby BerkshireGrl » July 24th, 2005, 10:18 am

Hey everyone,

I was just perusing the August "Reader's Digest" and on page 214, there is a list of 'Cool Cooking Tools'.

Included is this nifty thing: "Blender Bottle - creates shakes and smoothies in a 28-oz. ready-to-go container. Fill with ingredients, drop in the stainless steel Blender Ball, shake and sip. $8.95."

I think I'm gonna get one! Sounds perfect for my planned 3 shakes while at work! I could mix 'em all up at once in the morning before I go, and give it a good shake before each MF meal...

I don't work for these people but thought I'd pass the info on :)

Here is a blurb from The Nibble website:

Gourmet News Archives
March 2005

Must-Haves For Your Home.
... dazzling display of wares at the International Housewares Show... Amid all of the presentations of new merch from big companies with celebrity chef endorsements, our award for “best find” goes to a simple-but-brilliant kitchen gadget invented by an entrepreneur, the Blender Bottle™. A perfectly-designed plastic cup and pour spout top with a stainless steel mixing ball, it is extremely low tech. Yet it mixes anything with two shakes of the wrist—no electric mixer, egg beater, or whisk needed—better than any electric or battery-operated device we own.

And it does it better. For example, we’ve never been able to mix powdered beverages without some residue of coagulated powder remaining undissolved at the bottom of the cup or glass. The Blender Bottle™ mixed hot and cold beverages perfectly...as well as scrambled eggs, smoothies, pancakes, and instant soup. It rinses clean in an instant. Our cooking and eating efficiencies have been wonderfully enhanced. It will be the best $8.95 you’ve spent in a while.

You can take a look at it on www dot blenderbottle dot com.

I just got one in Red ;)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby martha » July 24th, 2005, 1:36 pm

wow-thanks for the info.. I have the book and will have to investigate it.. the price is right for me :mrgreen: thanks again--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Blender Bottles

Postby Guest8442 » July 25th, 2005, 5:30 am

I just ordered these and they are great!! I got 4 of them for $19.99 from HSN Online. Now I keep one at work, one in the car, one and home and I have a spare!
Guest8442

Postby Mommy2girls » July 25th, 2005, 2:36 pm

Oh cool. That looks pretty neat. Thanks for the info Sarah!

Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby horsey girl » July 26th, 2005, 8:34 pm

I have had this for quite awhile and its great. Thanks for letting me know where to get another. Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Nancy » July 27th, 2005, 7:52 am

Thanks, Berk!

Now when they come out with a leopard print Blender Bottle or one with blue and purple pansies spattered about its sleek sides, we might get one for the MakeMeThinner Cottage Kitchen!

Thanks for the juicy idea!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room