I am a Newbie!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I am a Newbie!!

Postby STLouieGirl » April 30th, 2006, 12:58 pm

Hi all. Today is my first day and I am anxious to get the ball rolling :D ! So far no any hunger pangs, worried about tomorrow though.

I have about 40 pounds to lose (and I'm 40 y.o. :? ). I have 2 kids, 5 & 8...I have fallen into making and eating what the kids want, and not making healthy choices for myself. We are on the go, so eating every 2 hours may be a challenge. Any suggestions? Can someone tell me what a "free food/snack" is? Can we eat sugarfree jello?

Also, I am setting some goals and want to be realistic. Can anyone tell me an average range for pounds lost during the first few weeks? So many questions, I am glad I found this site. :-P
STLouieGirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Elke » April 30th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Since I haven't tried MF yet...still waiting to order...$$$$$$ I cannot answer your questions but I did want to say welcome to the site. I have been browsing this place for days and I can't wait to get started. I think that you CAN have sf jello...I think I read that somewhere...I sure hope so :) Good luck to ya!
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Welcome

Postby Jan » April 30th, 2006, 1:14 pm

Hi There St Louie Girl,
First welcome to the forum. :D :D We'll help you all along your weight loss journey. You don't have toooo much to lose and it will be a thing of the past before you know it. Get ready to get new skinny clothes for summer :D Ok, now what you need to do is to read and re-read the quick start booklet that will be coming with your food. It will list the snacks for you. You are allowed one snack per day. Sugar free jello is fine. Just remember that every calorie counts so if you add tooo many snacks you are adding extra calories. Make sure and eat at least every three hours. Plan Plan Plan ahead and you'll do fine. The shakes go along quite easily and of course you may have one bar per day so they are an on the go meal too. (Remember you will have melted bar if it is toooo hot) I sometimes just take a shaker jar full of ice and then when I need to make a shake just add the appropriate amount of water and the mix. That way I still have a nice cold shake
Be sure and drink all your water. This is really important.
Keep posting and let us all know how you're doing. We are here to help. The lean cuisine section is a great place to find some recipes to flavor things up.
I'll be watching for you
Jan
Jan
Preferred member

on the go

Postby xwoman » April 30th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Hi,

I am one of those always on the go, eat in the car people also. Keep bottled H2o by the case in your trunk, also, I would buy extra shakers. You know for a fact 2 meals a day can be at home. most likely 3. Breakfast and last meal are a given, probably Lean and green.

Have 1 bar on the go, and have two shakers with envelopes in em, and you have it made.

One other person said that setting out everything for the next day takes 5 minutes and is the best thing you can do for yourself. Happy shakin'
Just Shake and Shed , Shake and Shed...

xwoman
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 30th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Welcome to the group, STLouieGirl!!! Jan's post is right on the money. Feel free to ask any more questions as they come up.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Pashta » April 30th, 2006, 7:38 pm

Welcome! :wave:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Becky » April 30th, 2006, 7:47 pm

I agree with Jan--watch out for melted bars as the weather gets warmer! I always switch to the fruit & nut or s'more granola bars in the summer. Then I don't have meltage. :shock:

We keep lots of bottles of water in the back seat also. They're great for adding to the shaker jar to make shakes, or just for getting that water down. I prefer the RTD's (Ready to Drinks) as they come already mixed up, and they have an attached straw. Happy slurping!
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby falisamarie » May 1st, 2006, 4:45 am

Image It is great to have you here!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » May 1st, 2006, 4:51 am

:wave: Welcome to the forum and to Medifast :) Glad you're here :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MISSANNE » May 1st, 2006, 8:36 am

Welcome :wave:
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 2nd, 2006, 7:38 am

Welcome to the forums St Louie Girl!

Glad to have you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Linda » May 2nd, 2006, 12:05 pm

Welcome. To answer your question about loss the first few weeks...that varies, depending on your metabolism, age, etc. BUT, if you go to the "Roll Call" section, some of us post our weekly losses there and get an idea. Try to find someone that is close to your age, height and amount of weight to lose, and see how they did from week to week. This might give some idea of how you MIGHT do. Good luck!
LINDA

Started Nov 6, 2005
5'3", 59 years young
Linda
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to Come on in.