Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby tammyc » February 8th, 2006, 9:52 pm

Hi everyone!

I am very excited to be here tonight. I will be starting my new life with MF when I awake in the morning. I am interested in losing a little over 200 lbs. When I just wrote that, I thought WOW... that is awful. I will just take it one day at a time. Cheers to everyone!! I could use all the help and advice anyone has to offer.

Looking forward to the future,
Tammy
tammyc
Regular Member - #90 Club

Right On!

Postby Guest » February 8th, 2006, 10:13 pm

Tammy,

Congratulations! You have come to just the right place. With your positive attitude and the support you will receive from all the Medifasters here, you will certainly accomplish your goal of losing 200 pounds.

It is a big challenge, but the right one! We are here to cheer you on.

Lizabette

Postby welcome » February 8th, 2006, 10:16 pm

Hi tammyc

WELCOME!!! This is the place to get support while you whittle your way down to your goal.

My best suggestion is to STICK TO THE PLAN. Don't try to alter it here, or change it there, or "see what you can get away with."
***If you're doing the 6 MF/day, then make sure you get all your MF meals everyday. If you're doing the 5 and 1, then make sure you get in all your MF meals, and the recommended portion and types of protein and green.
***Drink water, drink water, and then drink some more water. It truly helps, I take in an average of 100 oz./day, depending on my activity level.
***Don't be a slave to the scale. Even though I weigh myself everyday 'cause I'm too curious not too, I only write down my weekly losses just to track for myself, and post my monthly losses, 'cause I know how much weight can fluctuate for a variety of reasons.
***Visit this forum whenever you need motivation, inspiration, support, advice, or just something to do besides eat ;) The people here are wonderful and will help you, sometimes without even realizing it just by sharing their struggles and successes.

I know others will be along to share their suggestions. I hope mine were of some help.

You wrote it is awful to write you have to lose a little over 200 lbs. But you're here to make that happen and lead a healtheir life.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

LAwoman
(oops, forgot to sign back in :oops: )
welcome

Thank you!

Postby tammyc » February 8th, 2006, 10:16 pm

I am confident with people like you....I can do it.
Thank you for the encouragement

Tammy
tammyc

Interesting tickers

Postby tammyc » February 8th, 2006, 10:21 pm

I made a ticker to add to my post. How do I actually cut and paste it. And, BTW, you all are great. Your words of encouragement from all of you really means so much.

Tammy
tammyc

Postby Lizabette » February 8th, 2006, 10:26 pm

Tammy, I was so excited to congratulate you that I didn't sign in! Here I am again and this time dittoing the suggestions of LAwoman and others who are welcoming you here.

Trust the program. It works, as you will soon find out. Sleep good tonight for tomorrow you begin a new day in your life!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Dayna » February 8th, 2006, 11:33 pm

Welcome! We're glad to have you along on this journey to healthy, happy bodies! You'll find SO much help and support on this forum - it's like a 24-hour Weight Watchers meeting, except nicer, and we don't have to pay to show up. :mrgreen:

Be prepared to feel kinda yucky the first few days - sort of "stopping caffeine cold turkey" yucky. Everyone's experience is different, but it seems that a lot of people have headaches, and feel a little grouchy, and are tired. That's just your body getting used to the program; once you transition into ketosis, you'll feel great!

The only other advice I'll offer is this: don't compare your weightloss with other people. Don't get discouraged if your weightloss takes a short break. As LAwoman said, weight fluctuates, and there are SO many reasons weight can fluctuate. Your body will lose at the rate it wants to, fast or slow, but as long as you stick with the program it WILL lose. And when you have trouble believing that, then browse through the pictures in the studio. There are some pretty great sources of inspiration in there.

Again, welcome! Keep us updated on how you're doing, feeling, etc.!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » February 9th, 2006, 12:26 am

Welcome, Tammy. That little hula girl will be dancing her way to the right in no time.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 9th, 2006, 5:57 am

Welcome Tammy :hug: Glad you're here :) Everyone here is supportive and caring. We ALL know the struggles each other face and have empathy and when needed, some tough love for each other :) So, no matter how much you need to lose, or how much support you need, you will a healthy way to lose that weight with Medifast and a healthy support system here! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 9th, 2006, 6:33 am

Tammy

Welcome to the Medifast team :goteam: I can't give you any more advice than you have already gotten from all the wonderful people on here. Like it has been said follow the program to the letter and drink all your water and the weight will be dropping like crazy. You can and will do this and we are all here to help you along. Read and post often to let us know how you are doing.

Great to have you with us

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Drama Queen » February 9th, 2006, 11:06 am

Hi Tammy,

Welcome aboard the Medfast Bandwagon!! I'm so glad you found this Forum. You have been given some wonderful advice already!! That is the beauty of this Forum...so much information and encouragement from your fellow Medifasters. As has been stated, the first three days are the hardest. If you get discouraged come to the Forum and vent...we will be here to get you through. Stick to the plan and drink, drink, drink your water!!! Water is what got me through my first three days. The more I drank the better I felt. Or maybe I spent so much time running to the Ladies Room I didn't have time to feel bad...LOL.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SueInSLO » February 9th, 2006, 12:49 pm

Hi Tammy and Welcome!!! :wave:

Good Luck and hang tough those first few days! You'll feel better each and everyday after that!

Read these boards for great information and lots of support.

Medifast Rocks!!! :goodluck:

Sue
:D
Start: 1/07/06
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.