Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby crazedreamer » January 28th, 2006, 10:43 am

Hi all, I'm a 26yr old female and am about to start MF real soon. My box is in the UPS truck right now!! :) I'm a shortie at 5'0 and have always struggled with my weight since I was a kid. I actually managed once to get down to a nice 105 and mantain for 2yrs before I got married and moved miles away from all my famly and friends. I am now at a heavy 140lbs and recently have had problems with my ankles (always had weak ankles and extra weight doesn't help) and my knees are hurting. I know I need to lose the weight and if I don't see results fast I get discouraged (i tried WW and quit) so here I am today.

This place seems like a great place! :)
crazedreamer

Postby SueInSLO » January 28th, 2006, 11:18 am

Welcome dreamer!!! :wave:

No more dreaming about losing weight, you will do it this time!!

I'm short too, only 5'2" and have quite a few years on you, but we can do this!! :hug:

Think positive and take it one day at a time! Read all of the old posts on this forum and you'll find lots of support and inspriation!

Again, WELCOME!!!!

Happy shaking!!

Sue
:D :D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 28th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Hi CD and welcome to the forum,
:wave:

Keep us posted and you're on your way.
We're glad you found us....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

parting with the pounds

Postby Jan » January 28th, 2006, 1:52 pm

Hi CD
You are soooooo right. The extra pounds do not help out our joints at all. My daughter is a pre-med student -interested in orthopedics. She was able to "shadow" a wonderful orthopedic Dr. last summer. He is the founder of the knee society. He told her -- the very best thing my patients could do would be part with their extra pounds :D But when I tell them that they get mad :x They want surgery -- but surgery is not going to cure the problem -- only postpone things a little.
YOu are doing the best thing possible for yourself
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby crazedreamer » January 28th, 2006, 2:03 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am very excited to embark on this journey!I have spent all afternoon reading the posts on this forum and it has been very inspiring. Really glad to have found this place. :)
crazedreamer

Welcome!

Postby Blondie » February 2nd, 2006, 9:52 am

Hi Dreamer,
I know I'm a little late :oops: but welcome anyway! I too am new, about 12 days old new...haha and I am short also. I am 5'1" and weigh now...183, I was 190 before I started the plan...GOOD LUCK and let me know how your making out, even if you just want to vent! It could be tough at first, but YOu can do it :cheermed:

Blondie :exercise:
Blondie

Welcome from another shortie!

Postby shortstuff » February 4th, 2006, 11:13 am

Hi Crazedreamer! It was great to read your post and all the responses from the other shorties on the board. We will have to keep in touch with each other since I suspect we won't lose as fast as the people who are average or above average in height. They need more calories to just live, move, etc. I'm actually under 5' (almost 4' 11") and shrinking in my senior years so I actually maintain quite nicely on 1000 to 1200 calories. This diet is not such a big drop in calories for me but does seem to be working steadily. I am going to up the exercise this week to see if that helps speed up the whole process. I lost 4 lbs. the first week, 1 the second, and 1 so far in the 3rd week. I have only had one day where my weight fluctuated up a pound so I really like the stability of the loss. I have a really slow metabolism probably due to age (61), menopause, blood pressure meds, and years of dieting. I once weighed 116 but never 105 which would be my ultimate goal!!! I'm close to the 150's now so want to lose at least 40 this year. You are really smart to deal with the weight before you get older or gain any more. Have a great 1st month on this diet!!!
shortstuff

Return to Come on in.