Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby melanie » August 12th, 2005, 7:32 am

Hi there...I am interested to know of others about my size and weight (5'2", 145 lbs) and their success and/or struggles on Medifast. I have about 20-25 pounds to lose and have been carrying it around with me for the last 10 years...ugh.

I have a big social function in two weeks, hoping to lose about 5 pounds before then, just so the dress glides on, you know?

Thanks in advance for you replies.
melanie

Postby DogMa » August 12th, 2005, 2:27 pm

Welcome. I'm the same height and I USED to be the same weight; does that count? :) Anyway, I have far more to lose than you, but so far it's going fine. I'm just about the slowest loser in the world, thanks to too much dieting and an extremely efficient metabolism, but I still lost 6 pounds the first week and about 2 pounds a week after that despite doing a ton of traveling and being under a load of extra stress (interviewing for new jobs, getting a new job, having to sell my house in California and find a place to live more than 1,000 miles away, etc. - all while my dog was having surgery).

Anyway, that's my experience so far. Things are going great. I've even been baking cakes for work almost every day (I have a load of chocolate chips I need to get rid of before the move) and haven't touched a slice. I haven't even been tempted, which is VERY weird for me.

Best advice: Sample all or most of the Medi-foods to find out what you like; get tips here on how to doctor them up to make them more palatable; plan, plan, plan; keep a couple of bars or packets in your purse or car or wherever, just in case; ask any questions, even if you think they're stupid; and drink plenty of water.

Good luck!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » August 14th, 2005, 12:27 pm

Hi, Melanie and welcome!

You will most likely be able to drop 5 pounds before your big event IF you stick to the program exactly as it is written in the Quick Start Booklet.

Do not have any extra things like crackers, pretzels, cheese, etc.

With the Take Shape For Life program you will lose weight rapidly and safely. Of course, we are all individuals and release weight at different rates. You do not have as much weight to lose as others but you will find that you will lose weight and feel great, too.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.