hi im a newbie

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

hi im a newbie

Postby dorene » January 16th, 2005, 5:14 pm

Hi,
Im a newbie and have been on the optifast program for exactly 1 week now which is a huge commitment on my behalf, i am 33yrs old, just under 5ft and weighed in at 105k last monday, i dont know how much i weigh now as i have no scales in my house, but i am wondering if my program is suitable for me

For breakfast i have Optifast Vanilla Shake
then i do 30mins on the treadmill then some weights for 10mins after
i have a tomatoe before lunch
Then i have Optifast Vanilla Shake for lunch
i have broccolli or celery stick before dinner
Then i have Optifast Vanilla Shake for dinner

This has been my meals program all week and i have had wonderful results as i can now fit some clothes that i lost contact with about a year ago
i find though that i get a little nauseous towards the end of the day and tend to kill it with water or i just sleep it off is that safe?
is my program safe? as i know i am in good condition, my breathing is a lot lighter and my body feels a lot lighter, but my head feels like it will burst sometimes, what is that and how can i overcome it
d karamaene
dorene

Postby Nancy » January 16th, 2005, 10:46 pm

Hello, Dorene ~

I really cannot make a comment on your routine or product since I used Medifast products and programs to lose 135 pounds and I continue to use the Medfast soy-based products for weight maintenance and disease control.

I had friends in the 80's use Optifast but it was not something our health care provider supported so I did not use it then and I really don't know a lot about it. The purpose for our website is to support people using Medifast since that is my expertise.

It is good that you are committed to a program to reduce your weight and to improve your health. Happy shaking, Dorene!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby raederle » January 17th, 2005, 3:24 pm

Hi Dorene,

I don't know much about Optifast, either, but I commend your commitment to yourself and to your health! I would say that if you're feeling really queasy and suffering from bad headaches, you might want to talk to your doctor to see if you're doing something "wrong," or if there's an easy solution to make you feel better and help you stay on track. I know, for example, that on Medifast you have to be very careful with how much exercise you do while on the plan, because too much can actually slow weight loss and make you feel like crap!

There may be some folks here on the board who have done (or are doing) Optifast who may have some advice. But if you're in doubt, and if you're feeling "not right," it's best to check with your doctor to make sure everything's okay.

Mean time, congratulations on taking control... I wish you the best!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

thanks ladies

Postby dorene » January 17th, 2005, 7:22 pm

Thankyous kindly for your replies, and i have to apologize i thought this was an optifast support site, because this is where my link "optifast support line" took me to, so i really thought everyone was on optifast :oops: anyways the advice given to me was of great use and has been done seems like i have not been drinking as much water as im sposed to - not through lack of trying, but i think i just forget and take it forgranted that a glass of water is not going to cut it. so thanks for that and if you dont mind i would like to remain an member here just so i can see everyone elses ways of dealing with similar events going on with there bodies - by the way this is a great site
d karamaene
dorene

Return to The Weight Room