Newbie...Started 3/6

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie...Started 3/6

Postby Nicole81 » March 12th, 2006, 3:36 am

Hello everyone :wave: My name is Nicole I am 24 & I live in Kailua, HI. I just started mf on march 6th. I am almost done with my first week and have not lost any weight yet. Why? I have not added any extras and have been very careful with my lean and green, eating mostly baked chicken breast with Mrs. Dash and salad greens with 25cal 2carbs dressing. It is however my TOM....but I feel I should have lost something. :cry: I really want this to work so I can lower my bp... I also have polycystis ovarian syndrome and my Dr. thinks weight loss will help. I would also like to feel good about myself for once and I want to start my family but I want my health under control first. Right now I am 230 my first goal is 190. I would like to reach this goal by the end of July. Sorry if I seem to be complaining...just disappointed.
Nicole81
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby StrivingSister » March 12th, 2006, 5:35 am

Hello Nicole, and welcome to the MF forum! We are happy to have you and look forward to your posts!

Don't be disappointed about your first week. Your body needs to adjust to the changes. In addition, you are experiencing that TOM, and as you know that is just a rollercoaster, or should I say "water ride" of weight fluctuations. My first week I had the exact same issue and I really didn't see any significant loss until after TOM was over. This program is great, and if you follow it strictly, you WILL lose the weight. PLEASE don't be discouraged!

Why don't you post your typical daily routine/ schedule (with the times) of meals, snacks, water, meds, exercise (if applicable), and I'm SURE someone will be along to help you go over it!

Congratulations on taking this step toward better health!
Age 30-5'6 1/2"
Start: 2/18/06-5&1
Last Weigh-In: 9/19/06
3rd Mini: 50 by 7/30-Met 7/18!
4th Mini: 65 by 9/17-60.2
StrivingSister
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nicki » March 12th, 2006, 5:58 am

Hey Nicole - I know it can be disappointing not to see a loss, but never fear, keep compliant to the program and the pounds WILL come off. I too have PCOS and there are a few others around here as well. Stay strong ... you'll probably see a drop soon and in the meantime read lots of old posts to keep you inspired!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby LovenElvis » March 12th, 2006, 7:27 am

Nicole, keep going don't give up. You'll be surprised once your body kicks in :)

These last two weeks, I have been loosing only 1lb and it can frustrating :x However, I know and believe in Medifast and know that it can do.

Keep going, you'll be happy that you did!
Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Joelie » March 12th, 2006, 7:29 am

Hi Nicole...and Image

I haven't begun MF as my first order hasn't gotten here yet. But I've been reading this forum and can tell you it's bursting with people who have been on MF and met their goal, people still on MF and working towards their goal and beginners just like us. One thing I have definitely learned here is this "way of life" DOES work.
Keep plugging away, Nicole. You won't disappointed.
Dive on in and read, read, read. It's the best inspiration EVER! Image
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby smartipantz » March 12th, 2006, 9:10 am

Wow Joelie!! You haven't even started MF and you already have the support that we live for here on the forum. That just made me smile!! You have a great attitude for this.... you are going to do great!

Nicole, hang in there girl. That dreaded TOM is a pain in the rearend! If you look at my progress chart at home, you can see IMMEDIATELY when she is visiting. It's almost scary. Just be patient, follow the program, and like the others have said..... I think you will be pleasantly surprised what will happen. Make sure you are drinking your water!

Good luck,

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ToyDiva » March 12th, 2006, 9:25 am

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to the forum!! :D

The dreaded TOM! I ususally gain during that week, so please don't be discouraged. At least you didn't put weight on. Of course the men don't have such wicked fluctuations in weight!

This is day 19 for myself and my husband. The first few days were tough, but now it's second nature. I even packed a nice L&G when we went out last night to a talent show. Everyone else was eating stuffed shells, lasagna, pizza, garlic bread. We had grilled marinated chicken over salad with WF dressing. For dessert we had a bar.

You will definitely see results. Please stick to the program and I know you will be happy with your weight loss. This forum is very supportive and encouraging.
Started 02/21/6

ToyDiva
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Dayna » March 12th, 2006, 3:25 pm

During TOM, I know I always gained some weight, and I'm guessing most other women do, too, even if it's just water retention. So, one could argue that you have in fact lost weight, it's just not showing up on the scale because it's being balanced out by normal monthly issues. That is progress, even if it doesn't feel like it at the time. :mrgreen: Don't get discouraged, and most of all, don't give up. If you want to truly experience the benefits Medifasting offers, you need to give it at least a full month. I just bet that as soon as TOM packs up and heads out, you're going to see a pretty dramatic drop.

Keep shaking, you won't regret it!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Thank You All

Postby Nicole81 » March 12th, 2006, 4:10 pm

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and support! I am definitely going to stick with the program. I hope my schedule is ok...sometimes it is a little different but usually goes a little something like this:

9:00- shake and BP med (labetalol) with water (usually 16oz.)
10:30- oatmeal or pudding w/ water
12:30- soup w/ a caffeine free diet soda
3:00- bar w/ water
6:00- lean and green w/water
7:00- meds (metformin & labetalol)
9:00- cocoa/cappuccino or pudding w/water
10:00- chamomile tea

(I am usually also drinking water between meals & sometimes I may have a stalk of celery between my bar and lean and green)

Also...I haven't started exercising yet. I wasn't before MF when should I start?
Nicole81
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby lauradr » March 13th, 2006, 2:22 pm

Nicole, Just stay true the mf and it will
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to Come on in.