Newbie question

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie question

Postby KLCHRISTIAN » May 26th, 2005, 8:32 am

Last night was night 2 for me. For my final supplement I had made the wild rice soup mix. I did not finish it. It was very hot in our house and I couldn't stomach the food between the taste and the heat.

Do I have to have 5 supplements and one lean/green meal or in a case like last night, is 4 ok?

Thanks for helping.

Pam
Last edited by KLCHRISTIAN on May 26th, 2005, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
KLCHRISTIAN
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 26th, 2005, 9:36 am

Hi Pam~~I hope I am not off target.............but it is my understanding that you really need to get all of the supplements in. I have heard that skipping supplements can actually slow your weight loss down. (We don't want that :no: )

I have also on occassion ended up with only 4 supplements instead of 5 (fell asleep on the couch), but I try very hard to make sure I get all of my supplements in.

I haven't tried the wild rice soup mix, but I am sure some others can give you some suggestions on how to dress it up. :D

Hope that helps!!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby fatBgone » May 26th, 2005, 11:45 am

Pam,
That chicken/rice soup is one of my favorites...but I put a dash of Creole Seasoning in it....just to jazz it up a bit. You could probably use salt/pepper or Mrs. Dash if you don't like a little zing. I also let it simmer for a good bit to make sure the chicken & rice & veggies get all soft and yummy. I also make it on the stove rather than microwave....not sure how you made it, but don't give up til you experiment a bit.

I also have trouble getting in all 5 every day. Most days I end up with only 4 plus my lean/green - or 5 if I don't have a lean/green. I have heard and read repeatedly that it will slow your weight loss...which might be why I keep hitting stalls....but I always start the day out with intentions of getting them all in & then it just doesn't happen. That's my goal for the month of June....to make sure & do 5 a day - NO MATTER WHAT!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bk » May 26th, 2005, 12:41 pm

i add creole seasoning, too! plus the spicy mrs. dash. first, however, i fish out all of the mushrooms! i add my water in maybe a half hour before i eat, nuke 1 min, and then nuke again at eating time.

i love soup any time of year, but if you get hot & can't eat it, stick with shakes, puddings, and those other drink things (tea, punch, etc.).

you will see many posts on the magic bullet, also you can freeze the puddings for a nice treat!

if you have trouble getting in five a day, decrease the amount of time in between meals. i can also get forgetful, so i write down what time i have my supplement and keep my eye on the clock.
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » May 26th, 2005, 12:48 pm

Pam,

I add some chicken bouillon to it and add 1/2 cup of water....it makes it more chickenier :rollrolleyes:
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby KLCHRISTIAN » May 26th, 2005, 2:11 pm

Thank you for all your help.

Pam
KLCHRISTIAN
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.