Newbie Introduction...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie Introduction...

Postby smiller » August 23rd, 2005, 11:00 am

Where do I start? OK, on a personal note, I'm a 35 yr old wife and homeschool mom to 1 son, age 3. I've been married to an amazing man for almost 14 years. I've been chubby, chunky, heavy, overweight and/or obese for as long as I can remember - my highest weight was 260 and I'm 5'4". I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I've tried every diet, diet pill and/or fad out there and have had some successes but obviously nothing permanent. I was hospitalized for 6 months for bulimia in 1997 and have not purged since Dec 1997. Now the binging side of that is a different story - that's my problem now. I do really well for a while, maybe months, then I just lose control and the cycle begins - I binge, I hate myself for binging, I isolate myself, I continue to binge and around and around and around. Then something will happen to trigger "enough" within me and I move to the next diet and start it over. I know I have emotional issues to deal with that cause me to turn to food and I am trusting God to help me deal with them. I needed some major structure and feel blessed to have found MF. It's been a week now and I'm down 10.6 lbs but I've got a long way to go and it's not just about losing the weight - I've lost hundreds of pounds - for me, it's about keeping it off this time, finding another way to deal with my emotions. My family and my faith are the most important things in my life - I know I need to be healthy to be successful in both of those areas. It's not about being "skinny" anymore, for me, it's about long life and health so I can enjoy my family and have a deeper and stronger faith and witness to others. Anway, there's a ton more I could rant about but this is a start. I look forward to sharing this journey with everyone and am thankful for this forum.
Keep looking up, blessings on you, Sheila M.
Psalm 40

Restart 11/2/05
238.8/228.2/175

smiller
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby sprgrammy » August 23rd, 2005, 11:19 am

Hi Sheila, Boy can I relate. I don't think there are many of us here who can't relate to what you are going through. You will find all you need to push you forward here on this forum......understanding, pep talks, compassion, love and even a kick in the rear when we need it. These are all the things you can look forward to. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't find encouragement from the wonderful ladies and gents here at our Medifast home. You can do this and remember we are all here to help you through the rough spots. I am so proud of you for giving this a shot. It will work for you if you stay on program. Your weight loss so far is awesome and just think you are a "loser" already (in a good way of course). God be with you, Carol
sprgrammy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Re: Newbie Introduction...

Postby BerkshireGrl » August 23rd, 2005, 6:06 pm

smiller wrote:I do really well for a while, maybe months, then I just lose control and the cycle begins - I binge, I hate myself for binging, I isolate myself, I continue to binge and around and around and around. Then something will happen to trigger "enough" within me and I move to the next diet and start it over.

Hi Sheila! :wave:

Count me in too as a "relater"! I sympathize with you... about the binging, I have done that too (and the purging, and hiding out alone... and jumping on another bandwagon to try and lose all these unwanted pounds afterwards.)

I find that MF really helped me before, and this group is an amazing support, full of wonderfully caring people who will listen whenever you have an awful day - or a great day too. The product is really good stuff, IMO. Nothing else has made me change so quickly, and produced such strong health benefits for me (dropped my cholesterol, increased my energy through the roof... and I suspect even stabilized my moods! :lol:)

I hope to God that I have put all that binging/purging business behind me... and I am now aim to resume my MF program to reach my goal, with no backtracking.

Come on board with us all... welcome :) You are among friends.
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby martha » August 23rd, 2005, 8:30 pm

HI SHEILA--
WELCOME!!!! WELCOME!!!! WELCOME!!!!!

Yeap it's DITTO for me too :mrgreen: same old same old on this end.. :mrgreen: You are off to a great start in just a week.. 10.6# is AWESOME!!! keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing less of you at weigh-in each week.. Have a great week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby aimalasplace » August 23rd, 2005, 11:56 pm

Smiller,
WELCOME!!!!
As you can read alot of us are/were in that same boat. I just ordered the book by linda spangle from amazon she also personally signs it for you. From what I have heard it is a great book- I can't wait to read it! :pagesturn:
I am 32 5'3" no kids and need to lose 80lbs. After reading your topic I felt that I could have wrote it. I feel that medifast is the perfect way for me to learn how to eat properly. I know I will have this overeatting compulsion for the rest of my life. I have been on it a week and already lost 6 lbs. Not as much as some but I will take it :clapclap:
I have no more craving and know now what it is when my stomach is hungry- I never let myself get hungry before. :table:
This is a VERY supportive forum- my first one so I am biased. :cheermed:
Keep on keeping on you can do it!
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Postby smiller » August 24th, 2005, 5:27 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's good to know you're not alone in your struggles. I actually deleted my intro a couple of times, thinking, no one will understand, why open yourself up to judgement... But figured I had to take a chance. Anyway, thanks again, keep looking up...
Keep looking up, blessings on you, Sheila M.
Psalm 40

Restart 11/2/05
238.8/228.2/175

smiller
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby fatBgone » August 24th, 2005, 6:40 am

Good Morning Smiller!!

Congratulations on your 10# loss so far! What an awesome first week! :cleader:

I'm soo glad you didn't delete your post again and decided to join us....we all understand 100% - as you can already tell!!! Come here often - you'll soon see that this forum is very addictive! (not in a bad way...teehee)

Looking forward to riding the train to thinville with ya!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby suzyq » August 24th, 2005, 7:13 pm

Welcome fellow homeschooler! You are off to a great start! Like others before me have said, this plan and this forum are AWESOME! Keep up the good work!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Alisha » August 25th, 2005, 7:06 am

Hi Sheila and welcome to the site! I'm so glad that you decided to join - you should never be ashamed of who you are or what obsticles you face in life. Everyone has them and, just because they may be different, we all have SOME issue with food or we wouldn't be fat in the first place!

I am a diagnosed binge/compulsive eater and I, too, felt that I could have written that post myself. I can honestly say that MF is a wonderful program, however, and you will see results that will help you in your struggles.

I wish you all the very best.

Alisha
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » August 25th, 2005, 9:22 am

Smiller ~

Happy to have you aboard the freedom train! Your name will soon change to SMILEr as you keep on keeping on. You're off to a great start already.

10 Pound Club

Thank you for your great introduction. Most of us can say, BTDT, too and look at us now, learning to eat mini meals spaced regularly throughout the day, making wise low cal/low fat food choices and enjoying the feeling we have from eating healthily!

Shake it up and shake it off! :wavie:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » August 31st, 2005, 9:13 pm

Belated WELCOME Sheila! It's always nice to meet 'another' one! :wave:

Looking forward to "seeing" less of you as you hope aboard the MF train!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 16th, 2005, 12:08 pm

Sheila..... :oops: ...sorry for the belated welcome however I was on vacation...... :thumbup: .....Congratulations on your weight loss..... :hug: ...and thanks for sharing your story....... :hug: .....I can so relate...... :secret: .....the wonderful thing about this forum is someone most always can relate to what someone else has gone thru or is going thru.... :thumbup: .......keep up the great work

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.