Newbie intro

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby StrivingSister » March 8th, 2006, 9:24 am

Wow.

Here is a "gross measurement" test: Hold the top of the packet and shake all of the product to the bottom. (It should be kinda fat). The correct amount should fit just below the product ID#and expiration date.
I just did it myself (I know my packages have the correct amount), and that's what I determined.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem with your packets, however, these MF portion sizes just might be smaller than you're used to?? Maybe?

Maybe someone might be willing open up one of their packages of chili for you and calculate the approximate ounces of the dry product. (I would, but I don't plan on eating chili today, and I don't have any ziploc bags!)

Hope that's helpful.
Age 30-5'6 1/2"
Start: 2/18/06-5&1
Last Weigh-In: 9/19/06
3rd Mini: 50 by 7/30-Met 7/18!
4th Mini: 65 by 9/17-60.2
StrivingSister
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby just_julie » March 8th, 2006, 10:26 am

No, these 2 packets definitely contained half the amount that the other packets contain. Can you imagine on your first day seeing that small amount of chili in your bowl? And the fact that I added the amount of water for a full serving made it look ridiculous. I just laughed it off and thought, "Wow! I'm going to be eating THIS for HOW long?" I'm glad my resolve was strong enough to get to the 2nd day when the amount was correct. And yummy!

Thanks for your help. I'll use your findings to give all my packets a squeeze. I was just about to sit down to do that.

Have a good day!
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.