Newbie here

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie here

Postby Abigail » January 22nd, 2006, 5:10 pm

Hello,

First of all, thank you Terry and Nancy for providing this awesome site for all of us. You are truly an inspiration.

I am a first-time Medifast user. Just got my shipment this past Wednesday and have been on the program since Thursday. It's been four days and I have already lost six pounds!!! This is amazing. The great thing is -- I've never felt hungry. The first two days were pretty difficult, because of caffeine withdrawal. But it's getting better. I'm very hopeful about the program and I am grateful for these boards and you people.

What surprises me is how great the shakes taste!! When I placed the order, I intentionally avoided the oatmeals, the shakes, and drink mixes, and puddings. I focused mostly on the soups. This is because I had bad experiences with diet drinks such as SlimFast, etc., that are way too sweet and cause blood sugar spike which make me hungry (I'm less hungry when my stomach is completely empty than after I have downed a can of SlimFast!! Go figure... :roll: ) So I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that the shakes, oatmeals, and puddings, which came as part of my free one-week supply taste terrific and do not cause the same symptoms.

On the other hand, I am quite disappointed by the soups!!! :( I haven't tried the Cream of Broccoli. But the Cream or Chicken, Minestrone, and Chili have been quite disappointing. I'm even thinking of returning them and order more shakes and oatmeals.

One question, if you don't mind -- is it okay to split the lean and green meal into smaller meals? For example, if I plan to have 7 oz of grilled chicken breast for my 1 lean and green meal, can I eat just 4 oz for that meal and save the other 3 oz to mix with my Cream of Chicken soup for a later meal?

Thank you very much.

Abigail
36 years old
5' 7"
202/196/140
Abigail
First Post

Postby Unca_Tim » January 22nd, 2006, 7:42 pm

Hi Abigail and welcome to the forum,
:wave:

Head over to the "Lean Cuisine" section of the forum and check out the recipes for the soups and chili. Quite a few people have had problems with them right out of the box, but found that creative spices can make them really good.

As for splitting your L/G's......NOPE

They're designed that way for proper balance of protein/carbs/fats.
Sorry bout that one...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Trixie » January 23rd, 2006, 7:19 am

Welcome Abigail! :wave: You've found a great product in Medifast and have come to a great place for unconditional support.

Take Tim's advice and head over to Lean Cuisine to get some tips on making your meals more enjoyable. Believe it or not your tastes will change somewhat after being on the plan a few more days. When I first started I couldn't get enought of the shakes, then I was obsessed with the cream of broccoli soup now I can hardly get a whole bowl down. I'm in week four and I'm currently hooked on oatmeal! If you are digging the shakes stick with them a few days then go back to the soups and see if you don't have a new affection for them. :bib:

Great job on losing the first 6 pounds. I would wish you "Good Luck" for continued weight loss but no LUCK is needed on this plan! Stick to the program and you'll shrinking to your goal in no time!!
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 23rd, 2006, 7:32 am

Welcome Abigail!!! :hug: We're glad you're here!!! 6 pounds in 4 days!!! Isn't that motivating!?!?!?!? Keep up the good work :)

Like Unca said, check out Lean Cuisine on the board, it's chock full of WONDERFUL ways to give the soups some kick! ;)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.