New Years "Resoluters"?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New Years "Resoluters"?

Postby forevertodds » December 31st, 2005, 10:43 am

I actually started my journey to thin on the 30th, but I was wondering how many others on the forum are just beginning for the New Year, either for the first time, or a restart. I see a lot of names as I read through the archives and I would love to be able to know who is in the same place I am right now.

So, fess up...accountability is good!!!
Kathy
Started 12.30.05
forevertodds

Postby peaches » December 31st, 2005, 12:25 pm

hi, kathy
I am a restarter .I started dec the 27,05. so here I am fessing up you are not alone.
peaches :D
peaches

restarts

Postby Jan » December 31st, 2005, 1:31 pm

Hmmmm Kathy,
Human nature being what it is and considering old habits are very hard to break -- Many have a tendency to run right to the " cookie jar" when they are feeling puny, I know of several individuals who are "getting going again"
The good news is now they are even more determined to part with the pounds for ever. That is exactly what we want you to do!! Lose the pounds and keep them off!!! Work program until you are down to your goal weight and then incorporate products so that you can stay where you want to be. No yo yo for you!!
I know you and the others can do it. Remember life is a learning experience and as long as we learn from our small errors we are "ok" So many have "learned" and are back on the road to "thindom"
I'll be watching for you
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » December 31st, 2005, 4:21 pm

Dear forevertodds ~

I know there are many others that are doing a re-do or are beginnng their program for the first time this New Year. Some are out for one last pizza fling or out dancin' the night away so I expect there will be some chiming in tomorrow or early in the week. A lot of people poke thier beaks in here from work, usually the weekend traffic is down.

Good for you for getting a head start on your health!

Bottoms up! (We're raising a shaker jar to your success, not a martini glass!)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Hyperion » December 31st, 2005, 5:02 pm

Just a quick jump to wish you a good journey through Thinsville.

I will be more present on the forum when those family parties end! :D
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nicki » January 1st, 2006, 6:17 am

Way to go restarters and newbies alike!! I look forward to hearing about your journey on the forum.
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » January 1st, 2006, 7:12 am

Here I am.........Glad to be "restarting" and really glad I'm not "starting over"!! I have NOT gained all my weight back since getting to my all time low of 140.......but I have gained 10lbs and I thank God that I am of the mind to get back on track before I'm at my starting point again ;) So now I will have to get my 10lbs of gain back off and then finish my journey on the last 5 I never lost! That's very exciting news for me!! Maybe I'll even change my goal to 130 when I get to 135......but for right now it's all about achieving the original goal!

So HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE and for all of you starting in the beginning I would love to be a part of your journey. Email or PM me anytime......I will help in every way possible. Truthfully all the enthusiasm of the newbies is a great gift to me because it sucks me back in! ;)

Have a great one everybody.......let the SHAKES BEGIN!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Here we go!!

Postby forevertodds » January 1st, 2006, 11:06 am

Ok, LilMisTexas and Peaches, I'll look forward taking this journey with you. Today is day three for me and I'm looking forward to having it behind me. I keep reading that the first three days are the toughest. My hubby is taking me out to find the DaVinci syrups and a magic bullet today to help in making this a little easier. I keep telling myself, this is worth whatever it takes!!! I'm keep dreaming about being so much thinner (or least less fat) by this summer!!!!

I was only going to weigh once a month, but now I'm reconsidering :?

Keep in touch,
Kathy
Started 12.30.05
forevertodds

Postby Jan » January 1st, 2006, 11:26 am

Hi Kathy,
You are doing great!! And, it sounds like you have a supportive hubby so that is even better :D I was reading on the forum that someone found the syrups at Wally World. I haven't looked there so am not certain. if they all have them. I get mine at a Cash and Carry Outlet.
Soon you will become a pro mixmaster. We all have fun playing with the flavors.
Soon the first few days will be over and it will be much much easier for you. You'll get into the routine. And, don't worry -- you'll be "lookin' good by summer.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby LilMsTexas » January 1st, 2006, 12:06 pm

I've found Wal-Mart to have a very limited supply and tend to have only vanilla and hazlenut since those are big coffee flavors. I just order them right from davincisyrup.com and they come soooooooooo fast!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » January 1st, 2006, 1:04 pm

Kathy ~

I think you will enjoy your Magic Bullet. It makes shakes taste mighty fine – just don’t overload the plastic mug or you will have a lava overflow….it is kind of neat to make Crystal Light in the Magic Bullet, too as it makes a slushy.

It is important to drink a lot of water and sometimes trying it in different ways helps to get it down. Try water at room temp, hot like tea, with ice cubes and with crushed ice.

Sometimes adding a drip drop of DaVinci syrup to our water makes it tastier and also a little bit of the Crystal Light Pink Grapefruit or C.L. Lemonade powder to your water makes it go down easier.

Best of health to you!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Triskets » January 2nd, 2006, 1:43 pm

Happy New Year Resoluters!

I'm here and I'm back and this year I will get healthy!

Good luck to all!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 2nd, 2006, 2:32 pm

Look out, Folks! She means business!

Triskets is back and she is going to be such a loser in 2006!

We're waiting for you to slide under the 40's!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby aphrael » January 4th, 2006, 11:45 am

Ok so I had never thought of putting daVinci syrup into my water before. So as I am struggling to get it down and reading this I grabbed my strawberry syrup and dribbled some into my water glass. It tasted like strawberry Kolaid. This opens so many more options for me as the crystal light tends to give me a bad stomach ach.

Learn something new every day. Now water is a treat!
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 4th, 2006, 4:19 pm

:idea: a little squeeze of lemon or lime juice helps, too.

I tell ya, before Medifasting, I :x HATED water.

It was all I could do to drag my fangbrush under running water before glopping it up with fangpaste to de-slime my smile. :)

Our water tastes downright :twisted: NASTY here.

We have a Pur™ and a Britta™ pitcher, we buy bottled water and no regular water ever touched my tongue.

When I found out that we need to drink a :shock: swimming poolful of water daily, I thought I was gonna die! :redhead:

I do not prefer water.

I would rather have just about anything but a glass of water... well…not an enema… :mrgreen:

I still have trouble getting down 8-10 glasses of water. It is a concerted :weightlift: effort for me to do so.

When I am wandering into foody oblivion, it seems my water slurpage is the first thing to go.

I noticed that when I am feeling fine, looking good, and my weight is right where is should be, I go thru 6 bottles of water a day and a couple cases of water a week. When I don’t drink water, I eat stuff.

Many times when we think we are hungry, our body really desires some water. Many people are dehydrated most of the time.

Most people drink everything else but water - diet pop, juice, coffee, tea, beer, milk, etc. Have you ever seen a kid with a drink cup of water? No-o-o-o! They are always sucking on a juice box or slugging down a can of pop...

We need water and our body requires water for best functioning.

Many folks get constipated when they first begin Medifasting.

:coach: Warning: drink a load of water and you may be able to avoid the Big C....

Sometimes just a little dash of DaVinci™, a squeeze of lemon juice or a sprinkle of the Crystal Light™ Pink Grapefruit flavor or their lemonade powder will help you to get the water down.

Getting and staying healthy takes tremendous effort but it is so worth it! :you:

Every time you have a glass of :water: water and eat your portion-controlled meal replacement or healthy meal, you are improving the quality of your life.

Water may not be your beverage of choice either but it is the choice that leads us to optimal health, a happy heart, an improved circulatory system and regular department size clothing!

Slurp and Burp! :beerbeer:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to Come on in.