Hi. I'm new too.

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi. I'm new too.

Postby Charlotte » June 8th, 2005, 12:38 pm

Hello everyone. This is the first time I have done this, so please bear with me. I just signed up with Nancy a few minutes ago, and she told me to log in and get going. So here I am.
I have been overweight almost all my life. But I now weigh more than when my daughter was born, almost five years ago.
I was approved and scheduled for bypass surgery, but my family begged me to try Medifast first. So here I am. One last ditch effort. I pray to God this works, because I really don't want to have surgery, I just can't seem to get my weight in control.
So, here I am. I look forward to "meeting" all of you and pray we are all successful.
Charlotte

Postby Emma » June 8th, 2005, 12:58 pm

Hi Charlotte:

Welcome!! You've come to the best place for support. I've been here about 2 weeks and feel so welcome. You'll love Medifast - it's so easy and you will feel SO GOOD.

I look forward to seeing your success. :yay:

emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » June 8th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Welcome! I think MF will help you avoid surgery and lose the weight. Keeping it off is HARD, but YOU CAN DO IT!!! I just hate the thought of my guts getting cut into pieces and having to go through all that surgery requires.

I'm glad your family cares enough to suggest an alternative!
Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby tink » June 8th, 2005, 1:34 pm

Welcome Charlotte! You can do this I promise you can! This board has so many great people who really care about what you are going through. Also, we all have one common thread in that we want to be thinner and healthier. I had a slip up this past weekend.. I didn't resist temptation and gobbled 1/2 smores pop tart and 2 chicken soft taco's from Taco Bell. :oops: I did get myself back under control and came here for support and it really did help! I know you have the surgery as your back up plan but do try to give MF everything you can before you go that route. I can't tell you it will be a breeze, that you will never cheat or that you won't be tempted. However, the weight will come off and come off fast if you follow the program. It isn't like some other plans that you might loose 2 pounds in a month! If you can get through those first few days and see your loss in that first weigh you will be a believer and be so motivated to keep it going! Good Luck!
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby LeeannNH » June 8th, 2005, 1:40 pm

hi charlotte :)

im happy to hear that you are giving mf a try. i know you must be apprehensive, i know i was, but i have found mf to be miraculous. it wont stop you from eating emotionally, you have to take care of that (i come here when im having a foodie feeling). BUT... mf does take away actual hunger feelings. i feel satisfied and because of that it makes it easier to stay motivated, unlike other diets.

good luck and everyone here is WONDERFUL. the support is here is invaluable! :mrgreen:

good luck
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Ron » June 8th, 2005, 1:40 pm

Welcome from another newbee. I think you will find this a great site with great people and great motivation! Wish you luck and reasons for a smile!
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby doglover » June 8th, 2005, 3:20 pm

A big warm welcome to you Charlotte! :wave:
I'm glad you came and please come back every day and look for answers, support and plain old down home encouragement!

Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 8th, 2005, 4:40 pm

Charlotte-

Welcome! I am so happy that your are starting Medifast. You will love the way it makes you feel. Stay commited and compliant. After the first few days you will feel so empowered. If I can do this anyone can! :mrgreen: I had also considered gastric bypass but I am thankful I tried this first. I am down 40 pounds and still have my entire stomach! :shock:

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Hi Charlotte

Postby ThinkinThin » June 8th, 2005, 5:24 pm

Just keep in mind... the weight didnt come on overnight so dont expect to have it off overnight. My husband had weightloss surgery ( not sure how to spell it- lap something, lol ) too Dec 24th 2003. Hes lost 200 lbs since then. Since I'm not obese enough, insurance doesnt cover, so I'm here. And loving it !! We all have great ideas to enjoy it more and more. If water wasnt your friend before, it will be now. Take it with you wherever ya go. I keep a half empty bottle in the freezer . When I'm heading out, I fill it up & it stays ice cold which is how I prefer it. Try making lil goals instead of the BIG PICTURE, like little monthly goals instead of " i want to have lost ??? in 6 months. :)
SaraK

ThinkinThin
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby 70 » June 8th, 2005, 5:55 pm

Welcome Charlotte! This is the greatest message support board you will ever find. Good luck! You can do it!

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Medifast Works

Postby Jan » June 8th, 2005, 6:26 pm

Hi Charlotte,
I'm so glad you have such a great family. Medifast really works as long as you work it. I'm certain Nancy told you not to "fool around" with it. Your health and well being are too great of issues to not be really serious. Don't even give yourself a chance to cheat - don't even let it enter your mind!! I know you can do it!! We'll all be cheering for you. The Medifast program will also teach you how to eat healthy and how to keep the weight off. In addition it is a "Muscle sparing" program so you'll look great at your new Thin Weight. :D :D We will all look forward to hearing :D about your progress :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby martha » June 8th, 2005, 6:28 pm

Welcome Charlotte---I too am happy you are willing to give MF a try before you do the surgery.. this forum is the best thing I have ever found for support.. the people really care as do the advisors.. they are all great.. As for the surgery; please know that it is not a quick fix.. you still have to be careful.. i know this as a friend had the surgery 2 times and gained weight both times.. she learned to eat the foods she loved in other ways(milkshakes) and before she knew it BAM!! it was there again for all the world to see..Just give MF an honest chance and I know you will see a difference.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 2getskinny » June 8th, 2005, 11:28 pm

Welcome Charlotte!
I too signed up under Nacy lastnight, since I haven't had a HA call me after I ordered my MF products. I was welcomed by her and the team with open arms with an email right after I signed up lastnight! I had two calls on my answering machine today from a Nice lady, But I wasn't home to take the calls....... :( So I hope to catch her maybe tomarrow. I fell off my MF program for a little bit and am re-starting it on Friday! The board is WONDERFUL support and EVERYONE is so NICE! I like you was thinking on going under the knife but then found this board and thought why not give this a try! The shakes are GOOD! The people are GREAT! I think I will like having someone on "my side" to help me push through the hard times and one day I hope to be "Me" again!
Welcome aboard! I think you will see you made the Right choice! Hang in there and always remember we all are here for you!

Take care!
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » June 9th, 2005, 6:04 am

Hi Charlotte :wave: This is a great place to be for support and so inspiring...everyone is here to help one another :goteam: Welcome!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby victoria7 » June 9th, 2005, 9:14 am

Hi Charlotte...

This is my 10th day on the MF program and things are going really well. You are going to be so glad that you decided to take yourself on this journey!!! I'm a newbie, too... Read all through the message boards and you will learn so much... There is so much support here and it makes it so much easier...

Congratulations!!! Yay!!!
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.