i'm new

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Mommy2girls » May 25th, 2005, 1:25 pm

Welcome! Nice to "meet" you! Hope you find this board as exciting and informative as we all do!

Sheila
6 weeks = –22lbs
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby victoria7 » May 27th, 2005, 7:34 pm

Hi there, You Wonderful Motivaters, You!!!

I have some things to tell you and some questions for you.

I just got my MF order yesterday. I've emptied a cupboard in the kitchen---special for me & my MF. ;) Which makes me feel special... I put everything away in that one cupboard with all of my supplies and everything! I read my quickstart guide cover to cover TWICE! (It's a big cupboard, too! Not some tiny unimportant cupboard!!!)

I got a buddy, too! From these boards!!! (I'm so excited!) We've been emailing back & forth and it really seems that we're on the same path. We're both starting on the same day. :D

Ooooo... And, this evening, I got my order from DaVinci!

This weekend, I'm going to go out to buy a blender (Can I get a Magic Bullet in the stores?) and I'm going to go to the grocery to get some salsa, some vegies, some spices, and some protein to prepare for my first week... and my lovely, lovely 5&1 plan. :D

One thing that I've learned from reading this board is that I do need to be prepared---If I fail to plan, I plan to fail (Thank you, Nancy!).

*You* have helped me to plan. And so, you have helped me to PLAN TO SUCCEED!!!

In my original post, I said I was starting on June 1st, but that has changed---I'm starting on May 31st, so that I can start on the same day as my MF buddy!!!

We've both made a commitment to being on the program for 12 weeks (or 84 days!). It's exciting to have a buddy for my journey.

Am I making a mistake in not having an actual goal for pounds and, instead, having a goal for the initial amount of time I'm willing to devote to my MF program???

Thank you, MakeMeThinner.com.

I really, truly am in LOVE with every single one of you. I listen to you and I admire you.

-V7
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » May 28th, 2005, 7:28 am

Hey V7! I love your enthusiasm, it is contagious!!! I don't think it's a mistake at all to make a time goal and not pound goal. We are all different, look diff. at diff. numbers and it really is only a number. Be willing to accept, change and modify your plan and just set goals! I, for example, didn't really even start this plan to lose weight. I wanted to "detox" from sugars. I decided on 2 weeks. Then after it was easy decided on 6 weeks and set my goal at 150 lbs. Got there, found this was so easy and I love it so much and I realized I could be skinnier so set my second goal of 140. I had also decided I would do this thru the Jamaica trip. But now that Jamaica is here and gone I am still moving forward! I am getting really close to 140 now and am thinking about 135 ;)

So, just be willing to modify and do what feels right to you and your body!

I am so excited for you to have your first shake on Mon. Don't forget to weigh on Sun. morning so that next Sun. you can join in on roll call! And take measurements for the 1st roll call measurement on the first Mon. in June!!

Welcome again!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby noexcuse » May 28th, 2005, 10:25 am

Hi nice to meet you... :D Look fw to shakin with ya :toast:
Eccl 3:1 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. (Now is the time to acheive your goal)

Ali
noexcuse
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » May 30th, 2005, 1:10 pm

V7 ~

Welcome aboard!

I say no worries about not having a weight goal yet. When I first started Medifasting my goal was to dump as much flabber as possible beween July 15th and October 7th, the day we left for Kauai.

My husband and I ordered our food, planned our Medi-meal times and began with our first shake the morning of July 15th.

We kept each other accountable (part of our plan). The morning we left for Kauai, we had both lost quite a bit of weight. Terry had lost 50 pounds, I had lost 59 pounds. We stuck to our plan on vacation - he had more island tastes than I did (I had one bite of hula pie on my birthday) and a couple of days I ate two Medifast meal bars as we were kayaking and snorkeling so much, other than that I was food clean!

Goals are vital - they give you something to aim for. Goals can change as time goes along.

My experience was similar to Donna DogLovers - I found that I loved how I felt and the program was so easy to follow and easy to stick to after a while that I kept lowering my end goal as I felt more confident.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby victoria7 » May 31st, 2005, 7:41 am

Ta da!

I'm *on the MF plan*!!! I woke up this morning and had my MF oatmeal--I was surprised and glad that it was so tasty!

I've had my first glass of water, as well. :-)

I usually take a One-a-Day in the morning with a glass water wtih a packet of "Emergen-C"... I didn't take the "Emergen-C" packet this morning, as I wasn't sure how it would fit into the plan... Do I need to find another mineral/vitamin C supplement? or can I continue to take the "Emergen-C" packet?

Thank you for your help! I'm in this to win this!

-V7
victoria7

Postby Nancy » May 31st, 2005, 8:35 am

Dear V7 ~

You may continue to take your regular vitamins if you prefer. All the Medifast packets contain a vitamin premix but you may keep your usual routine.

Terry and I take an Omega 3 Fish Oil capsule each day. He takes a puny aspirin for his heart health and I take one Oil of Evening Primrose capsule daily.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

supplements questions

Postby Seaside » May 31st, 2005, 8:47 am

Thanks, Nancy, for your answer to V7. I had some similar questions. I use those "green drinks" and flaxseed oil -- would it be ok to add flaxseed oil and a tablespoon or so of green drink (it's like the algae/wheatgrass powder that gets added to smoothies) to a shake?

I was having a small amount of trouble with leg cramps, but the Emergen-C people make a 0-carb, 0-calorie potassium/glucosamine sulfate fizzy drink supplement that seems to work well. Anyone else try that?
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby victoria7 » May 31st, 2005, 8:52 am

I will check out the other "Emergen-C" products the next time I'm at the "hippy-grocery" ;)

In the meantime, the Emergen-C that I take is 20 cal. So, I'll continue to take that... It really helps my energy level & helps me fight off colds!

Thanks for the info!
victoria7

Postby Nancy » May 31st, 2005, 10:45 pm

I'd just caution you about flaxseed oil and other oils - they can be a bit ‘pricey’ calorically - usually capsules are lower in calories.

20 calories is not a lot in and of itself but remember, a little extra here, a tad bit of carby salad dressing, etc. and all those extras can add up quickly and eventually they affect weight loss.

I use Airborn, especially when I am in crowds, on airplanes, etc. It seems to keep sore throats at bay for me. If it works for you, enhances your health and is minimal in terms of calories and sugars, slurp it!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby LilMsTexas » June 1st, 2005, 2:46 am

Hey V..........saw you posting about the oatmeal and I wanted to tell you that it's one of my favorite parts of the day........but I add one packet of Splenda and some dashes of cinnamon! I'm talking about the apple/cinamon oatmeal. And it's deeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!!

Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby victoria7 » June 1st, 2005, 10:36 am

Hi there, LilMsTexas!

I'll definitely try that tomorrow... This morning, I had a shake... I was on the run... The end of month/1st of the month is the busiest time for me at work.... I worked from 6am - about 11pm last night & was at it again at 8am this morning... Whew... Luckily, it's not leaving me anytime to think about food!

Thank you!

-V7
Goal: 84 days
Current: day 2
victoria7

Previous

Return to Come on in.