New to Program-have some questions

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New to Program-have some questions

Postby LisaNewYork » September 23rd, 2005, 9:41 am

Hi Everyone,
I just started Medifast yesterday. I have been yo-yoing with diets for years and I determined to take off the 20 lbs I have always struggled with. I know that this is not that much weight, but it is critical extra weight for me because I had pregnancy related heart failure in 2003, and I come from a family of diabetics. I have a couple of questions I was hoping some of you could help me with...

Is anyone taking heart meds? Did you experience problems? My heart failure has resolved, but I am on a blood pressure med, an ace inhibitor, a beta blocker & a diuretic to decrease the workload of my heart. I went to the physican recommended on the Medifast site but he doesn't know anything about my heart condition, and he spent an hour discussing his own, non-Medifast, weight loss philosophy with me. I will be going to my family physician next week, but I am afraid he is not going to support me on this diet.

I apologize in advance for the disgusting nature of this next question, but my stomach is flipping out. I was bloated all day yesterday and have "the runs" today. Is this normal?

Finally, I only ordered a sample pack of the Medifast food, and I will not get another shipment for a few days. I can't drink skim milk for long, so does anyone have any suggestions? Will it be really hard to start again?

I thank everyone for taking the time to help me. I look forward to being a part of this support group. Have a great weekend!
Lisa
LisaNewYork

Postby dlr2424 » September 23rd, 2005, 4:57 pm

Lisa.......the experts should be on soon to help you out.........but first may I say WELCOME..... :D ......i'm really glad you joined us....and I'm not a doctor and I don't know your heart condition....however, I myself have WPW........a congenital heart disease with too many electrical openings........not on any meds but the MF plan has worked excellant for me.........now my husband, also diagnosed with a heart condition the same year as me, developed cardiomyopathy from a virus........which unfortunately led him to a heart transplant ..........but on the bright side....fortunately there was a heart available... :heart: .....now he is on mega meds........and also was doing Medifast ...not to lose weight but to build strength and good nutrition.........and he didn't have any problems.......as far as the bathroom scene..... :nonono: ....no need to apologize for those kind of questions.. :hmmm: ..however some people do experience what you have..... :scratch: .....I believe as your body adjusts it will become more normal.........I would still talk to a Doctor as well as your health advisor............best of success to you

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.