Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby tiolazz » March 30th, 2006, 10:57 am

:D
Well, I just wanted to introduce myself, because I feel like I am starting out on this journey and will need all of you as guidence and support.

I am 47 years old, married, with two grown children and one lovely adorable 6yr old granddaughter whom I adore. :D

Problem is, I can't play with her anymore, can't roller skate, can't play ball, can't run next to her on her bike. Just feel like a fat lump of nothing. :cry:

Have tried everything, Jenny Craig, did okay, Weight Watchers, did okay, Slim fast, actually gained weight. Problem is that they were all so much work, planning, logging, all of it. And I guess the main reason I failed was that I was not ready, had not had enough...

That is all changed now, went to the doctor for my physical, :idea:
my blood sugar is out of control, I am showing signs of arthritis, my back is killing me, my knees are killing me...
and basically, the doctor said my weight is killing me...

I am not horribly obese either. I want to lose about 80lbs, but that would put me back where I was after high school. I am okay with not being there, but I would love it just the same.

I am starting on Saturday, my food should be here this afternoon, and I can honestly say, I have never been more ready, more confident and more excited.

This time instead of dreading it, I am excited. I can and will do this. I am going to show up at my high school reunion this summer, I am going to go to Italy this summer, and everyone is going to be shocked. I can see it, I can feel it, most of all I am visualizing it.

Please help me in my journey, I will need all the positive influences that I can find.

Here goes.... THE NEW ME !!!!!!! :lol:

Terri

[/b]
tiolazz

Postby Lauren » March 30th, 2006, 11:02 am

Hey, Terri, welcome aboard!

Don't look back anymore at the other diets, it only brings you down. Now's the time to look ahead, like you said, at all the wonderful things you will be able to do with your family and your life, once you reach a more comfortable weight.

You mentioned how difficult the other programs were for you. I think the best part of Medifast is how easy it is. You will see a million posts here from people with recipes and interesting ideas of how to create new meals using MF products - but you don't have to do any of that. You could (like me, and a few others), just add water, and eat/drink. That's it. I literally treat the MF products as "fuel," what I need to keep going through the day, and don't give it any further power or impact than that. Do you have a relationship with the gasoline you put in your car? No. Does your car take extra gasoline when it's having a bad day? No. We don't need to either. So just eat when you're supposed to, don't when you're not, and don't read into it any further than that.

Follow the rules, and you will lose the weight. No ifs, ands, or buts. Or BUTTS! :-)

You're going to do great!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Tiolazz » March 30th, 2006, 11:07 am

Thank you so much Lauren,

I knew I would find people like you in here.

That is exactly how I feel about the food. Loving the taste of food is what put me here. I don't care if it is bad, I will do this...

Fuel and only fuel, I saw something on the Medifast board that really stuck...

Nothings taste better that being fit feels.....

my new motto for my life...
Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bzlife1967 » March 30th, 2006, 11:47 am

It is soooo very exciting, the first 3 days are the worst and it gets better and better from there. You can find the answer to just about any question on this forum so search away and read up. Make sure to check out the lean cuisine section for yummy ideas and help with your grocery list!! Welcome aboard... :wave:
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967

Postby Drama Queen » March 30th, 2006, 11:48 am

Welcome Terri,

I'm so glad you found this Forum. This is the most amazing group of wonderful and supportive people. We are all on this journey together. Keep posting. I look forward to getting to know you better!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 30th, 2006, 12:00 pm

Welcome a"board" Terri,
:wave:

We're glad you found us.
Keep us posted and holler if you need anything.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Tiolazz » March 30th, 2006, 12:57 pm

It's here, It's here. My favorite boy in brown just delivered my boxes and so I have decided to start tomorrow instead of waiting until Saturday. One day closer to the new me.....

Thanks for all your words of encouragement.. Keep em coming, I will need it.... along with some new skinny clothes. hehe :D
Tiolazz

Postby just_julie » March 30th, 2006, 1:22 pm

Thataway! Jump in! The MF water is fine! We're here to keep you afloat. WELCOME!
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SueInSLO » March 30th, 2006, 1:25 pm

Hi Terri and Welcome!!

Jump right in and start shakin!!

Good Luck!!

Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 30th, 2006, 1:52 pm

Welcome Terri!

I am looking forward to getting to know you!

Get to shakin

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » March 30th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Hi Terri,

Glad you decided to start shakin' with this crazy bunch of losers! Welcome! I hope to get to know you in the forums and ask anthing you like!

I do the plan like Lauren, I treat my supplements as fuel or "medicine" and treat them as such. If you feel you need to doctor your food, the lean cuisine section is wonderful!

Pour over the quick start guide, and ask us anything you'd like, we're glad you found us!

Welcome! Have a great weekend (even though it may not be that fun!) Push through it and you'll be in the zone by Monday!

DeDe :wave:
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Pashta » March 30th, 2006, 6:41 pm

Welcome, Terri!

So glad you found us and we will be here for you if you need it!

:hug:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » March 30th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Tiolazz ... Welcome to the party!

:partytime:

The excitement that you're feeling right now will only increase dramatically so get ready for a brand new you. We're all here for you! You're gonna love it here!

:goodluck:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.