New to Medifast

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New to Medifast

Postby moremelessyou » March 13th, 2006, 3:37 pm

Hi-- I'm new to Medifast and just this morning I received my first 5 week supply of Medifast. I'm so excited to begin. My first day will be tomorrow.

I have a 10-year class reunion coming up in a few months and want to look better than I did in high school. Also I have a 16-month old daughter who needs her mommy to be active with her.

I look forward to any advice you have to give me and appreciate all of your stories of weight loss.

--One question--Is it ok to drink flavored water such as fruit2o?

Thanks again :)
moremelessyou

Postby falisamarie » March 13th, 2006, 3:42 pm

Hi and welcome to the family :goteam: It is so great to have you here with us on our journey to thinness :walk: I know you will love the program and the results you will see.

If the Fruit2o has no sugar it is ok but you still need AT LEAST 64oz of pure unaltered water.

Have fun and let us know how you are doing

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ToyDiva » March 13th, 2006, 3:48 pm

HI! :wave:

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for myself and my husband. The plan is great, but you really need to stick to it. This forum is supportive and encouraging, so use it as much as you need.

I try to drink at least 12 cups of pure water a day. I was never a big water drinker before starting 3 weeks ago. I think I am very close to almost 20 pounds lost and I know my husband has lost well over 25 pounds in 3 weeks. We'll know for sure at weigh in tomorrow. Anyhow, we haven't cheated once. I really think all the water has definitely increased the amount of weight I have lost. I'm constantly flushing my system. So really try to stick to straight water.

Welcome Aboard!
Started 02/21/6

ToyDiva
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » March 13th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Welcome!! This is a great program and you can't help but succeed if you stick to the plan.

Tips:
1) Drink lots and lots of water. And then drink some more.
2) Visit the Lean Cuisine section for tips on doctoring up the foods to make them more palatable.
3) If there's something you don't like, wait a couple of months and try it again. Tastes change drastically on this plan.
4) If you don't already have a Health Advisor, ask to be assigned one. They're a great resource.
5) Visit the forum often if you have questions or need help with anything. The folks here are incredibly supportive, and no matter what you're going through, chances are someone here can relate.
6) Keep an emergency supply (a bar, extra packets, whatever) in your purse, in your car and at work. You never know when life is going to interfere with your plans, and you don't want to be caught with nothing to eat (or nothing to eat but fast food or vending-machine junk).
7) Pre-soak the chili, chicken-rice, chicken-noodle and minestrone soups (mix them ahead of time with water and whatever else, and let them sit in the fridge). If you try to just mix them up and nuke them, you'll break a tooth on the beans or rice or pasta.
8) Get some DaVinci (or Torani, but I prefer DaVinci) sugar-free syrups to add to shakes and puddings and cocoa and almost anything else. They'll vastly increase your flavor choices.

That ought to be enough to get you started. Be sure to post your successes as well as your questions and challenges. We love to cheer on our friends!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby moremelessyou » March 13th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Thank you very much for your words of wisdom. Right now I'm eating a hot fudge sundae as my last real dessert. Hahahaha... One more before I take the plunge..

I hate the taste of plain water...but I guess I'll have to drink it... because I have to do this for myself.

As for a health advisor, I don't have one. My mom is an RN, but she believes in being a vegetarian, not other things...soo...she is out of the picture.

Thank you everyone for your help!
moremelessyou

Postby moremelessyou » March 14th, 2006, 8:50 am

Just had my first shake at 830am. Not too bad.
moremelessyou

Postby DogMa » March 14th, 2006, 11:16 am

Nancy can help hook you up with a Health Advisor if you ask. It's not a medical professional, but someone associated with Medifast who can help answer questions and kind of coach you through the whole thing.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.