I'm new here

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'm new here

Postby Bokkie » February 10th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Hello everyone!!! I am new to medifast, and am excited to have found this forum. I am 20 years old, and 60-70lbs overweight. I recently got engaged, but I don't want to meet my fiancee's family looking this way. I am going to South Africa in August to meet them all. I hope that by then I will be a whole new me.

I have tried every diet out there since I was 15 including the grapefruit diet...YUCK! I am really hoping that this works for me as well as it is working for everyone else. As part of my diet, I have made the committment to do the Susan G. kolman 3day breast cancer walk. It is 60 miles over the course of three days. I am hoping that this will be a big part of my motivation for doing exercise. I also bought a pilates machine so that I can work on strength training in the comfort of my own home.
Bokkie

Postby falisamarie » February 10th, 2006, 2:29 pm

Well I already replied to your other post but again welcome!! You are one of many on here who are getting married soon so congrats and I am sure they will be along soon to welcome you as well!!

Keep shakin

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Exercise

Postby Jan » February 10th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Hi Bokkie,
Whoa, hold off on that exercise until you've made it through the first three weeks. You most likely know this but I'm just repeating it for you. Your body need three weeks to adjust to the program before you start to exercise. Don't worry by the time you meet your future in-laws you'll be looking great!! :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby MusicalMomma » February 10th, 2006, 5:33 pm

Welcome Bokkie! It's great that you're taking control of your weight while you are young! We're glad you're here! We'll be here for you, cheering you on!!! :cleader:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

You guys rock

Postby Bokkie » February 11th, 2006, 11:30 am

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome! I am glad to be part of this forum, as you are all so supportive of eachother.

I am going to stop pushing myself to do workouts for a couple of weeks but when I am at work, sometimes that is not possible. I am a paramedic and depending on the call, I might do nothing, or I might feel like I've done a full work out. My MF advisor from another site told me to eat more protein with my L&G on those kind of days.

Alicia
Bokkie

Postby Unca_Tim » February 11th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Hi Bokkie and welcome,
:wave:

Don't be afraid to have an extra shake or two or a bar on those active days.
This will keep all your meals in balance.

Inceasing the protein alone on your l/g "may" throw the meal out of balance a bit. You might want to talk that over with your health advisor or the nurse.

We're glad you found us. Enjoy the forum.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby cydj21 » February 12th, 2006, 2:31 pm

Welcome, Bokkie! :D

I'm one of the other recently engaged members of the MF family that Lisa mentioned. There are a lot of us here working toward weight goals as a way of preparing for our new lives. We are happy to have you with us! Congratulations on your engagement and on finding Medifast and taking this great first step toward increased health and happiness.

Can you imagine how much easier your demanding job will be once you've shed the extra pounds? :mrgreen:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

you are all sooooo wonderfull

Postby bokkie » February 13th, 2006, 9:22 am

Hi everyone! Thanks for being sooo welcoming. I am glad to have all of your support. I weighed in today after my second week, and have lost 2 more lbs. Thats 7 in total. I am glad to see that this is working.

Is there a thread for the people who are planning weddings since there are so many of us?

Alicia
bokkie

Postby cydj21 » February 13th, 2006, 10:31 am

Hey Bokkie....

I started a wedding thread once just to figure out how many of us are actually planning one right now. I think it was called "Planning a wedding?" so you could probably do a search to find it, and then you'll see how many of us there are. We also have a couple of ladies who are newlyweds. Other than that, I haven't seen any specific wedding threads.
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 13th, 2006, 11:16 am

Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Come on in.