hi i'm new here

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

hi i'm new here

Postby estrellita » September 4th, 2005, 5:29 am

hi all,

i am so glad i found this forum. i am new to this. today is officially my first day on MF. I messed up yesterday, as I was really good the whole day and broke down and ate apple pie dinner time. so I'm back on the saddle and this time i'm sticking to it. I have 20 lbs to lose and hope that MF is the answer.

a quick question, is it possible to eat MF for my 6th meal? instead of the 5 and 1 plan, I just have an MF meal to replace the lean and green one?

thanks and great to meet you all
estrellita

Postby Nancy » September 4th, 2005, 7:05 am

estrellita ~

Welcome to you. 20 pounds can sure make a difference in a person’s health and certainly boosts their confidence!

It is possible to have 6 packets a day and no regular food - IF you are under a doctor's supervision to avoid health risks. A Health Advisor is not qualified to monitor people on a complete meal replacement program.

There are many factors that need to be considered when beginning a weight loss program and we recommend that all people first check with their doctor.

Age, general health status, medications, disease, etc. are determining factors. If a person is unable to have a Lean and Green due to schedule conflicts, etc. once in a while it is fine to have 6 packets a day but for a person who wants to do the complete meal replacement program for a period of time, physician monitoring is required.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Walks262 » September 4th, 2005, 7:18 am

estrellita,

Welcome to MF and to this Forum!
Yes, technically you can have 6 -7 MF supplements per day, but that is considered the "complete plan" and that is to be done under a doctor's supervision -- Nancy will probably be along and tell you so as well.

I would stick with (and embrace) the 5 + 1 plan. Not only does it work, but it gives you endless variety, allows you to have a meal with family or friends without feeling like a martyr and helps you to manage eating "real" food.

MF is wonderful and should work well in helping you to lose 20 pounds. We ALL can relate to the apple pie, but you are not a fallen woman; get back on the MF path and remember apple pie will be there and taste so much better when you have lost the 20 pounds.

Good Luck!
Walks262

204.5/150/147, then, 142
Walks262
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby Walks262 » September 4th, 2005, 7:20 am

Yes, I see Nancy did come along with great advice. Our replies crossed!
Walks262

204.5/150/147, then, 142
Walks262
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby estrellita » September 4th, 2005, 7:31 am

thank you nancy and walks262! i feel very welcome and supported in this site already. I do appreciate your quick replies.

:oops: i have another question, sorry for my newbie-ness. my shakes have not yet arrived, so is it okay to substitute the shakes for soups in the first week? 5 soups per day and 1 whey protein shake?
start date: Sept 4, 2005
goal: lose 20 lbs
estrellita

Postby Nancy » September 4th, 2005, 7:47 am

Yup.

All of the packets are interchangeable - they all have just about the same footprint so you could have 5 packets of soup or 5 packets of Cappuccino, or 5 Chai Lattes or 5 Raspberry Iced Teas, etc. plus the Lean and Green meal. And a lot of water...8 glasses!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Guest » September 4th, 2005, 8:45 am

thanks nancy

Return to Come on in.