New to Forum

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

MEDIFAST

Postby FAT50 » May 11th, 2005, 10:33 am

I started the medifast on 5/9/05. so far so good. I've lost 4 lbs in 2 days. I don't care for the oatmeal.(ughhh) any suggestions to make it more palatable?? everything else tastes great.I decided it was time to lose that extra 40 pounds after turning 50 last month. I'm still feeling a bit hungry on my 3rd day. Does this get better?
FAT50

Postby 24KaratGold » May 11th, 2005, 10:38 am

Yes it gets better -- the first three days are notorious for being difficult. Hang in there -- you are almost through the worst of it!

Which oatmeal? I love the maple and brown sugar, and the apple cinnamon. Sometimes I add Splenda to it when I'm making it up as a cereal, or to the apple cinnamon I add cinnamon and nutmeg. If you go over to the Lean Cuisine forum, you'll find a recipe for making totally legal oatmeal cookies out of the MF oatmeal, too. I have that as my last Medifast meal of the day at least 3-4 times a week, and it makes the oatmeal portable, too.

Good luck to you!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 11th, 2005, 2:53 pm

..Hi Fat50..........Welcome.... :D ......in no time you will become FLABLESS50........ :yay: .............shake away....... :guzzle: ....hold on tight............... :drive: .........and enjoy the journey ..........looking forward to cheering you on to victory........... :cheerleader:
donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bk » May 11th, 2005, 3:49 pm

try adding more water to the oatmeal. i put my splenda in after cooking. i think it tastes better! i also shake a couple huge shakes of cinnamon in before i add water, mix the cinnamon up with the oatmeal, then add the water.

welcome! i know if you stick with it you will definitely have to change your screenname very soon! :)
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 11th, 2005, 5:43 pm

Welcome 50......I just can't say FAT50 (oops just did.) :aarggh: Glad you decided to join us LOSERS. Donna is right, soon you will be FLABLESS50. You will definitely have to change your name. I am sure if you give us time to get to know you better, we can definitely come up with something for you. We have a way of changing people's names. :devious:

I also add more water to my oatmeal and I also add cinnamon. Sometimes I also put in a little Sugar Free maple syrup. I really enjoy the oatmeal, especially the oatmeal pancake which can be found in the Lean Cuisine section. :bib:

I look forward to sharing with you more. :puter:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LuzInIt » May 12th, 2005, 8:42 am

Hey and a big welcome to you! I had the same experience with the oatmeal. My first bowlfull, I just kept nibbling at it and going YUK with every bite. I was ready to toss the two boxes that came with my original order in the trash. Then I read the recipe for the cookies and gave it a shot. They're not exactly the kind of cookies we've all been use to, but I thought "not half bad". As I continued to make them, I began licking the stuff left in the bowl. And I thought "not half bad". And then I decided to try another bowl, this time with splenda and cinnamon and 3/4 cup of water. Now I love my oatmeal :) . Experiment some; you may find you don't hate it as much as you think you do now.
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Come on in.