new and trying

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

new and trying

Postby Susynne » January 6th, 2006, 10:58 pm

Well, this is new to me, not quite sure how to use the programs here. I don't tend to join things like this, but after reading numerous entries I just couldn't resist. This seems like a wonderful and supportive 'community'.
So...if I can figure out how it all works this will be my first post.

I'm 45, 5'10", and after five years of health issues, one after the other, I am finally taking things into my own hands. Things are looking up, and this spring when it's time to peel off the layers I am SO determined to enjoy it!!! I was thin my whole life, until five years ago. Then two years of trying everything...hormones etc... all leveled out, time to lose it for sure. Started MF last sunday, bought it before christmas, needed to have it here to reassure myself I would do it...no excuses. I need to lose 80 lbs, would love to lose 100 but would settle for 60. I filled out one of those research surveys at my last mamagram, and realized I weigh exactly 100 lbs more than I did at 20. I never want to leave home, do anything or go anywhere, and I USED to be a social butterfly. My daughter is 21 (last week) and incredibly beautiful, skinny, blonde, all the things I used to feel like. Aging and losing all self esteem at the same time has been hell, but this time I'm coming back, all the way back.
Yeah, I talk like I type...constantly. But I'm a good listener too!Thanks for giving me the oportunity to share. My husband, love of my life and support system, he just doesn't get it, no matter how hard he tries.
Thanks, I feel better and more determined already. :D
Susynne
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Jan » January 7th, 2006, 12:28 am

Hi Susynne
You've found the right place to share. The forum members are wonderful and very supportive I think this is probably one of the very few places that people are honest about their weight. I know that very few of our driver's liscenses actually have our correct weight. (I can't believe that mine gives my weight as more than it really is -- I haven't changed it since parting with about 50 pounds. hmmmmm I'd better go right down and do that -- get a new picture too :mrgreen: ) We will all be looking forward to hearing how great you are doing. If you have questions we'll try to help you out too.
I'll be looking for you
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » January 7th, 2006, 2:52 am

Welcome to you, Susynne ~

I am so glad to see you here! You will get along just fine, I can tell.

You must be really :bouncie: excited about surprising folks when they see you this spring when you shed your heavy winter sweaters and coat - sheesh! They will think you melted away over the winter! You will be able to lose 40 or 50 or 60 or however many pounds you want to because this program really works!

You have some kinda will power if you ordered and got your box of Medifast before CHRISTmas and waited this long to open it! That same will power will get you to your goal!

Here's to ya, Kid! :beerbeer:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Susynne » January 7th, 2006, 6:47 am

I was just reading some other posts about cheating. One of the reasons I waited was to be sure the time was right and I had no excuses. I got rid of everything in the house that could trigger cheating. I bought my husband alot of frozen foods, he works crazy hours and no need to cook what I can't eat. Every meal is something I would never eat, full of fungus (mushrooms make me cringe) and other things I never ate. So I removed the obstacles, as many as I could. I can only hope that I see the loss everyone else seems to have had, and I really want it to work!

Thanks already for the support, it makes it a 'feel good' experience and not another venture into dieting hell.
Susynne
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 7th, 2006, 8:00 am

Susynne wrote: no excuses.

Oh yeah, u r gonna do ok!

:kool: :kool: :kool:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby petals » January 7th, 2006, 10:58 am

Welcome Susynne

Why settle for 60lbs when you can have it all!

100lbs of flab is very doable here. You will see many people here who

have either lost that and more, or are on the same journey as you.

Myself included. I am 5'8" and am also 45 yrs old. I need to lose more

than 100lbs, but know there is no way I could do it without the support of

this forum. Reading about others doing exactly the same things can be a

powerful, inspiring motivator to keep us focused to what we really want to

acheive.

DON'T SACRIFICE WHAT YOU WANT MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT NOW.

You are going to do great. If I can help you in any way let me know.

Petals
Started 7-31-06
Height: 5'8"

~Don't sacrifice what you want NOW for what you want MOST~

petals
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » January 14th, 2006, 9:44 pm

Susynne ~

:shock: I just thunk of something!

You said that fungus makes you :puke:

You should be warned then:

:coach: the Chicken With Wild Rice Soup contains... :twisted: MUSHROOMS!

Not a whole gob mind you but there are some in there and for folks who do not like 'shrooms: pick 'em out before adding water or avoid that flavor of soup all together to be safe! ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Susynne » January 14th, 2006, 10:13 pm

PHEW!, Thanks for the warning!! :dooh:
Susynne
:rose: :rose: :rose:
Grateful starving artist........