I need your HELP!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I need your HELP!

Postby seejoy » June 22nd, 2005, 1:20 pm

I started May 3rd on medifast at 150 and on about May 26 I was at 135, all was great. Now I am still at 135 I have hit the wall! I know I am not the only on to go throught this, I just didnt think it would happen so soon. How long will this last and is there anything I can do to help my body speed through this and if it has happened to you please let me hear from you. I need all of the help and lifting up I can get. I have been so up on this change of eating that this has been the first time I have even thought about cheating! I still need to lose 20lbs and I am not going to put that same 15 back on that I lose every time. I just can not get past this same 15lbs.

Thanks for letting me get it out in the open.

SEEJOY
seejoy
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » June 22nd, 2005, 2:39 pm

Seejoy~~ A couple of questions......Are you getting all of your water in?.......and..... What does your daily MF schedule look like? If we saw your daily routine of eating your supplements we might be able to be of more help.

Do you have a health advisor? If so, this would be a good question for your HA.

Hitting a plateau is not unusual...... :x frustrating, but not unusual. Just hang in there, this too shall pass.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby tink » June 23rd, 2005, 5:51 am

seejoy - You are having the exact same problem I did and it was frustrating but it did pass. :x I stalled at a 15 pound loss and couldn't seem to get the scale to drop. I wouldn't have considered cheating because I have dug my feet in this way of life and figured I would ride it out till something happened. I first of all stopped weighing each day. I then cut out all diet soda from my diet and issued a water challenge to myself. It took about 5-6 days and I had a 5 pound drop. Just hang it there I promise it will pay off! :hug:
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby seejoy » June 23rd, 2005, 6:29 pm

Yes, I am getting my water in my I have even started to measure it to make sure because I thought maybe that was it. My schedule is
Oatmeal, shake, soup, shake, bar, and L/G, 3hrs apart. I hate to admit it but I have been a diet YO YO for a long time I usually don't get this far with my weight loss before I start cheating again. So maybe my body is thinking that is going to happen again, but not this time. You are so right tink I have dug my feet into this way of life also and I am going to see it to the end.
seejoy
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby sister » June 23rd, 2005, 10:28 pm

Hi Seejoy

First of all, congratulations on your 15 pound loss!
Another suggestion to get past this - maybe try replacing the bar with a shake for a while and be sure your lean and green has enough protein.
Don't get discouraged! As long as you are following the program guidelines, the weight will come off. Your body is adjusting to the changes you are making. - which are definitely for the better!

Hang in there,
Sherri
sister
Trusted Member - #60 Club

Postby DonicaB » June 24th, 2005, 6:49 am

Seejoy~~I was going to say the same thing as Sherri. :secret: Try swapping the bar for a shake for a while to see if that helps.

I have been a yo-yo dieter for a long time also. I have found that I tend to stall at weights that I once was for a period of time. For example, a few years ago I maintained the weight that I am right now and it seems I just cannot get past it. :aarggh:

You've got the right idea. Dig those heals in and let your body know who's boss. :whip: Don't give up...................The stall monster will go away eventually. :nana:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Guest » June 24th, 2005, 9:24 am

Guess What! Got on the scales this morning and 2lbs gone, just like that. I could not believe it. Maybe the dry spell is over. I am so glad I stuck with it. Thanks to all of you for you help. It just does me good to see a new number!

15 pounds a magic number

Postby shirgall » June 24th, 2005, 11:30 am

I've also been stuck at 15 pounds this week, dropped a pound yesterday but I'm right back up today. :(
shirgall
Newbie - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.