Need some help!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Need some help!!

Postby mmob » May 1st, 2006, 4:03 pm

Ok, I've been doing ok, have had a lot to deal with in the process (my father's illness) and still managed to stay on track.

This weekend I took a huge detour - I just ate whatever, and that included nacho chips, etc.....not huge amouts mind you but way more than I should have. I feel guiltier than sin and have gained 2lbs.

I'm not panicked, because I know once I get back on track it will come back off - thing is..... I'm having a HUGE HARD time getting back on track. I feel like a pacman in the kitchen - I want to eat everything in sight.

I need some supportive thoughts - and positive vibes sent my way - I am going to REstart tomorrow - I need to be accountable. I'm doing so well on this diet and I don't want to stop now.

So - any positive thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to be such a bummer.

Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby aphrael » May 1st, 2006, 4:28 pm

Maria,

I'm sorry to hear things are not going well for you and your family.

Remember life is full of detours, this past weekend was just that for you, a detour from your goal. We all need detours now and than in some form or another. You are already head right back on track, comming online, promising yourself to get back on track. The first step is always the hardest, but everyone here will be there for you to take that step.

Tomarow come online when you feel weak and want to give in, have your packets all laid out, your water bottles filled and ready to go, give yourself every advantage you can by planning tonight how you will get through tomarow. You have done great this far, and you will continue to do well despite this detour.

Smile, take a deep breath and think of the thinner you at the end of this road...
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » May 1st, 2006, 4:50 pm

Maria, that's the carbs talking. You CAN do this, but it's probably going to be a struggle for a couple of days. We'll help you as much as we can, though.

The good news is the weight gain is probably water weight from the carbs, so if you stay on program (or WHEN you stay on program), it'll be gone in a couple of days.

I know you're going through a rough time, and I'm so sorry about that. Try to find other ways to comfort yourself, rather than turning to food (I know, easier said than done). If you can, try to sneak some time for yourself whenever you can. You need to take good care of yourSELF, so you can take care of your dad and your kids.

Good luck, and visit as often as you need to. You WILL get through this.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » May 1st, 2006, 6:03 pm

The good news is...you are not alone!!! We are all here to lend support WHENEVER you need it (and not just for weightloss). Hang in there, life always gives us lemons and as long as we continue to make lemonade (with splenda, of course), we will pull through. You are being tested right now and I KNOW you can pass with flying colors. Keep your head up. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :hugblue:

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » May 1st, 2006, 6:19 pm

Maria~

First of all you are not a bummer. I admire you for being so strong through everything you have gone through. Many people would have turned to food for comfort a long time ago in you situation and they would not be as determined as you are to get right back with it.

The past is the past and tomorrow is a whole new beginning for you!

We are all behind you and KNOW you can do this

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 2nd, 2006, 3:31 am

Mmob ~ We're all here for you, and you CAN do this!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mom23 » May 2nd, 2006, 4:42 am

Oh Maria :hugblue: I'm sorry you are having such a rough time of things. We are all here for you.

When I'm having a bad day and wanting to have a pity party, I do a lot of talking to myself. I had one of those :idea: lightbulb moments a couple of weeks ago and realized that yes, the food may make me feel a little better AT THAT MOMENT, but then it will make me feel worse later on because #1- I'll have feelings of guilt (for cheating and over-eating) and #2- I'll gain the weight back and then have to work that much harder to lose it again. In reality, my emotional eating was not helping me, it was hurting me more than my original problems that brought me to the point of wanting that food.

So... talk to yourself, drink water :toast: , chew some sugarless gum, go fo a walk, and PRAY. God always offers us a "way out" of temptations.

Once you get 'back on track' those munchies should subside and you will continue your success! :)
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

HUGS

Postby Ginabobina1969 » May 2nd, 2006, 5:57 am

Beeeeep Beeeeep thats my truckload of positive thoughts backing up to drop them off for ya. ;)

HUGS, woman. You have been under a lot of pressure with all the uncertainty and emotion and probably your just plain worn down. You have gotten some excellent advice up above here. You know how to do this and I have no doubt you will continue to succeed, despite getting temporarily sidetracked.

My first two weeks of MF when I was still dealing with the hungries..if I got super hungry I had sf jello...pretty much as much as I needed to keep me from NOT eating somethin offplan. Maybe try that. Also, SF gum and mints.

You can do this and we are here if you need us.
Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » May 2nd, 2006, 6:21 am

Hey there Maria :hug: You are making this program work under the most trying of circumstances! You have stuck through some of the most difficult moments that would send most of us straight to the local convenience store for a munchie orgie!!!! You are an inspiration and I suggest you look at all you've accomplished and think "if someone else were doing what I'm doing, I'd be darn proud of them and inspired!" Don't be down on yourself. You're human, you partook in a little self indulgence and that is OK.

Now I KNOW you can get back on track and make it through the next few days of Carb madness. We're here for you and want to see you succeed in your goals :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby mamabear » May 2nd, 2006, 8:17 am

:hug: You can do it. You will be back on track and losing weight again. And as the others said-we are all behind you. And you're looking pretty darn good from back here-so keep up the good work. ;)
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room