Need some cheering up

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Need some cheering up

Postby dede4wd » April 5th, 2006, 6:55 pm

Hi,
I know I'm usually the one doing the cheering, but I need a few rah rahs!
I'm on day 8 of a stall/plateau/ whatever you want to call it. This is where I quit last year. I need some encouragement because there's a Steak & shake with neon shining through my hotel window!

BTW, I've already cut out my bar, upped my h20 to 100oz and cut out the Walden's dressing. I need to get out of this FAST because my motivation is waning!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lauradr » April 5th, 2006, 7:10 pm

DEDE , Just pull the curtains read the post and post and post it will be ok, i Have been at a stand still and i started only doing shakes and LG and it has helped but please just keep to the plan and the weight will come off you can do this . we are for you
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Joelie » April 5th, 2006, 7:11 pm

Here's lots of cheers and applause for a job VERY well done thus far!

DeDe...this too will pass. You know it will...just hang in there.
Close your blinds or curtains in that hotel room or turn the other way and don't let that Steak & Shake get the better of you.

You have done remarkably well, it shows and you feel it. So you've hit a little plateau...meh...don't sweat it. Just keep at it! You KNOW that scale will start moving again.

If you want to talk voice to voice...pm me with your phone #...I'll call and we'll get through this S&S urge you are having together.

Don't cave DeDe or I'll come wipe a booger on you! Image Image
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Awww

Postby dede4wd » April 5th, 2006, 7:21 pm

Thanks guys!

I'm doing okay, I'm not going to Steak and Shake or anything. I'm JUST so sad! I can't believe how tied to the scale everything is for me! I'm fighting through it, I'm not going to quit, I'm not going to cheat, I just HAVE to get the scale moving again! It's moving UP!!!!! I even tried on the size 16's that are the only pair of 16's I can't fit into to see if I'm losing inches/not weight. No dice!

Thanks! I needed it!
DeDe
Last edited by dede4wd on April 5th, 2006, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dede4wd

Postby Joelie » April 5th, 2006, 7:23 pm

It'll happen. Image
Joelie

Postby Diana » April 5th, 2006, 7:24 pm

Hey, DeDe!

RAH!! RAH!!! RAH!!! :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: SHISH!!! BOOM!!! BAH!!!

Fight the good fight! :lightsword: Pursue through that valley! You've been here before and this time the outcome can be DIFFERENT!!!

Ignore the blanketyblank scale!! What the heck does it know?? Make a list of what you can do NOW that you couldn't at all or coudn't as easily howevermanypounds ago!

What's your goal? Where are you headed? You'll get there!! We'll drag you through this valley if we have to!!

Is it time for a walk? Perhaps a 10 minute stroll or a 3 minute power walk? Take the money you'd spend at Steak & whatever and go buy something pretty for yourself. (If there's a restaruant, there MUST be other stores near by!)

We got yer back, girl!! :hug:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby vacationak » April 5th, 2006, 7:39 pm

DeDe

Don't get discouraged. This board wouldn't be the same without your enthusiasm.

My own personal plateau lasted 11 days. I tried cutting back on sodium, etc. Finally stopped the exercising I had started just a week or so before the plateau, and started losing weight again. Hard to accept that exercise can slow down weight loss, but I haven't started again just in case.
vacationak

Start 1-15-06 145
Start MF 2-3-06 135

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
vacationak
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Nicki » April 5th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Hey DeDe - I hate the situation you find yourself in. Remember how far you've come already, and pat yourself on the back for it ... tell yourself how great you are! Reflect on what your motivations are, all those things that made you start this journey in the first place. Keep in mind where you will be a year from now if you stay strong. And remember that we are all rooting for you ... we all want to share in your successes just as you encourage everyone else!!!
:hug:
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki

Postby MusicalMomma » April 5th, 2006, 7:42 pm

mmmmm Steak n Shake mmmmmmm OK, Snap out of it Joyce!!!!

DeDe...this is where, if you were close by, I would scream..."SLUMBER PARTY!!!!" And we'd watch some chick flicks, do our hair, put on make up, make crank calls, tell ghost stories, talk about our hopes and dreams, make jokes about the funny lady behind the counter at the gas station, and have a blast....but since that can't happen....here is my gift emocation to you....

LOL....sorry, just though you could use a good chuckle...hope I achieved my goal :) Get some GOOD rest...forget about the scale, remember how much healthier you're feeling and what a favor you are doing for your health. That scale WILL move again. I've had two plateau's and still have an average of 3.6 pounds per week! Keep up the good work :)
MusicalMomma

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 5th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Thanks everyone! I feel so silly! I KNOW I shouldn't let the scale get to me. I'll try not to. I've PROMISED MYSELF not to weigh until Sunday. I certainly don't need scale-induced sadness hitting me like a :bricks: .

DeDe
dede4wd

HUGSSS

Postby Ginabobina1969 » April 5th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Poor girly.(((Hugs))) I know how that feels cause for the past few days its been doing the same thing to me...Im thinking AF is gonna make an early visit..again after practically just leaving..(could that be a factor) or I am retaining fluid for no good reason except that I crave salt and use too much of it. :-P
We both know that as long as we are compliant and committed...the scale will start moveing in the right direction so hang in there and I will too!

~Scale moveing down vibes~~~ 8)
Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 5th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Thanks Gina! Sorry you're in the same boat! Let's get through it together!!! :stroll: I just went and gave my scale to a very surprised co-worker (not too many places to hide the scale in a hotel room) and told him not to give it bak to me until Sunday.

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby DogMa » April 5th, 2006, 8:47 pm

Oh, Dede, I've been there many times so I can certainly sympathize. Sometimes changing things in one small way can make the difference. Maybe have your L&G at a different time of day for a couple of days? Or change the exercise, if you're working out. Take a day off, or do something different. Drink more water - or drink less for a day. Have beef a few more days a week, or a few less.

I know with me, I need to just shake things up periodically (no pun intended) to get things moving again. Gotta keep the body guessing, because I know at least in my case, my body will do just about ANYthing to hang onto the weight.

If nothing else, it gives you something to DO for a few days while you wait for the scale to budge.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bzlife1967 » April 5th, 2006, 10:05 pm

Slumber Party?? I wanna come too!! Hey Dede, :stickwack: snap outta it chickie. We started on the same day and your still 7lbs ahead of me!!

If it were me though I would do a day or two of 6 shakes, no bars no oatmeal, no pudding. Just shakes and soup. See if that helps. I seem to loose good every other week. One week 3 to 4 lbs the next just 1. Your doing great don't let the devil scale control your attitude! Your my sun chine!! :pet: That scale/attitude connection is another Head trip, don't let it getcha!! Mind over matter and you will be less fatter!! lol ok ok my attempt at humor... don't shoot me!

Geri
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 5th, 2006, 10:12 pm

Thanks all! I thought you wer funny, Geri!

I think my pity party is over (although, the slumber party sounds fantastic!) I am just going to do what needs to be done.
I think you're right about the shakes. I'm only going to do those today (well, maybe one pudding...)

Thanks again!

I leave you tonight with a poem that I think is fitting for me tonight...

DeDe

I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-DH Lawrence-
Self-Pity
dede4wd

Next

Return to The Weight Room