Nancy help for salad dressing!?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Nancy help for salad dressing!?

Postby #1muffin » November 26th, 2005, 5:09 pm

Hi !! I need help with the dressing part of this plan. I really dislike FF salad dressings. I do like the "Kraft Light Done Right" wich also comes in an individual packets to go. I want to know if this is LEGAL??? So far I have only had the Ranch wich is : 90 cal. 6g.fat 9g.total carb and 2g.sugar. The Zesty Italian is : 35cal,2fat,3carb, and 3sugar. If these are not allowed is the regular ff kraft ranch allowed ?? Also, what can i use on my cooked veggies like spray butter, and can i use Worshtishire?? on my steaks. Thanx For any help!! Ps. i did a search on this without much help.
#1muffin

Postby Unca_Tim » November 26th, 2005, 6:15 pm

Hi #1 and welcome to the forum.
Here's a couple links on salad dressings until Nancy comes along:

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-3924.html
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-1370.html
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » November 29th, 2005, 12:27 am

#1 Muffin, I am really not familiar with the “Kraft Light Done Right” – the numbers you passed by me are way too high calorically – the TOTAL calories for the salad AND the dressing should not be more than 80. The total for the carbs for the vegetable serving (salad plus dressing or vegetables alone) should not be more than 10 grams.

The Zesty Italian is all right.

Yes, you may use a spritz of the Spray Butter.

Worcestershire sauce is fine.

I agree – most fat free dressing is not that tasty. I usually eat my salad nekkid or with vinegar or a squeeze of lemon. I used to drown my salads in bleu cheese or Roquefort dressing but not any more. I rather like the taste of undressed salad greens now.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby lauradr » November 29th, 2005, 9:01 am

I love the MF dressing
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Serendipity » November 29th, 2005, 9:20 am

I like the MF Honey mustard dressing made the low fat way (with the oil. It's not much and makes it nice and creamy). I take it with me because I know what's in it and I don't think every waitress/waiter knows what I mean by low fat dressing. Once I asked about low fat dressing and they listed 4 or 5 different dressings including Tomato Basil. I said "Is the Tomato Basil really low fat?" and she said "I don't know, I think so, because it's not creamy." That's when I took charge of the dressing thing.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Nancy » November 29th, 2005, 9:21 am

I like the Creamy Italian and the Caesar and find it is very good drizzled on steamed broccoli or green beans. Adding a bit of dry mustard or minced fresh ginger to either variety alters the flavor just a wee bit, too.

Thank you for the Medifast dressing endorsements, Kids! Yes, Jo, you are so right regarding people's knowledge of calories and carbs. Balsamic vinegar can be a good choice at a restaurant but one needs to see the label first as the calories can range from nearly zip to over a hundred depending upon additional ingredients. Taking along your own dressing or having it served undressed is a better option when dining out.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby suzyq » December 1st, 2005, 8:49 pm

I always ask for dressings on the side - this allows me to check if they are truly fat free (no oil swimming around!!!) and I dip the tip of my fork in the dressing instead of dumping it on my salad - this gives the salad the little bit of extra zing I like without using too much! The medifast dressing on steamed veggies sounds good - gonna have to try that one!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.