My name is Noah, and I'm a repeat offender

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

My name is Noah, and I'm a repeat offender

Postby PDXNoah » September 21st, 2005, 11:40 am

:D Hi Folks.

My name is Noah and I live in Portland, Oregon. I tried Medifast several years ago, but didn't keep up with it. I don't remember exactly why - as I've tried so many ways to lose weight over the years.

But the important thing to me, is - I'm back. :D

This time I'm promising myself - it's "for real." I'm preferring to look at all my previous attempts at weight loss, as learning events. Those previous attempts have all taught me something that is going to make me be able to get through the highs and lows, and stick with the program. I'm not talking about knowledge about fat, protein or carb grams, or calories or fat-burning theories - I'm talking about learning about ME, what made me overeat, go off the program and what I need to succeed.

I started Medifast, this time, on Sunday September 11, 2005 - at 497 pounds. (after your eyebrows relax a bit, realize that I am a very large framed man, 6'4.5" tall. And this isn't my top weight.) I have two goals right now. My end-weight goal is about 250 pounds. My goal-right-now is to be down to 400 by the time I'm 40. My birthday is in the middle of January - so I better hustle!

I know I'll "cheat" every now and then (Well, I've done it once already in the first week) but instead of looking at "cheating" as indulging myself or punishing myself - I look at it as "delaying my goal." Do I want to delay the arrival of my goal? Of course not. There may be times where I cant resist delaying my goal...and when that happens, I'll try to take stock of my situation, write down how I got into it and brainstorm ways of keeping out of that situation again. I figure as long as I learn something from it, and prevent it from happening again - it's just another learning event.

If anyone is curious, I have a web profile with, what is now, my before-pic at <snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip> (note the weight and age information isn't up-to-date on that site, sorry)

Anyway - I have been reading the forums and getting a ton of great information from the posts, so I thought it only right to introduce myself.

I hope you all have a great day,

Noah

<comment>Hi Noah...you can add your website to your profile and a link will be displayed for people to visit - UT</comment>
PDXNoah
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 21st, 2005, 11:58 am

Noah.... :D ...it is wonderful to meet you and I'm glad you are joining us...... :yes: ......We need more men on the forum.... :puter: .....We do have plenty of them on Medifast...... :hmmm: ....but I don't think they post often...........so ........much success to you on your journey.... :clap: ..i look forward to hearing about your achievements..... :you: ....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!.........and I believe YOU WILL... :guzzle: ......one shake at a time

Donna dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Carbshateme » September 21st, 2005, 11:58 am

Yay Noah! Good for you! It's nice we have a man around here, well, a man POSTING here, I should say! And you are quite the handsome and TALL guy! (I stole a peek at your website)

You can do this.. we are all with ya!!!!
Carbshateme
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » September 21st, 2005, 1:26 pm

:byebye: Welcome welcome welome to you, PDXNoah ~

We are happy to have you join us. Making changes to one’s lifestyle is not easy and yet with our great Take Shape For Life Program and the good Medifast products, attaining and maintaining a healthy weight is possible. It can be overwhelming to think about sticking to a program for a long period of time but the Forum and your Health Advisor can get you there.

When I first began my weight loss phase I had to look at it in very small increments because losing over 100 pounds was too big for me to get my mind wrapped around. I knew it was needful and necessary if I was to improve the quality of my life.

I began to focus on losing 7 pounds, to get my weight to a nice ‘round’ number. Then the next five and so forth.

It was elating to watch the numbers go down. It amazes me to this day the way we can rapidly and safely lose unwanted flabbage.

Weight loss is the first phase. When you saw me last, I was becoming a loser. It is wonderful to know that you are joining us on our journey!

( :secret: He is very handsome and very tall, indeed. When he came to my office a couple of years ago his head almost touched the top of the door frame. People look up to Noah! He has a great sense of humor, too -he's a total hoot!)

You’re right about discovering the whys of being a ‘repeat offender’…it has taken me a long time to figure out the whys…I don’t have them all down yet but you know what? I am happy to know what is best for me to eat, how often and how much to eat now.

I am confident this will be your ticket to improved health, too.

Welcome and we are looking forward to your contributions as we all Take Shape together!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Hiya :)

Postby Toxsiq » September 21st, 2005, 3:32 pm

Hi Noah :)

I get the feeling you'll be very popular around here. ;)

Men can lose weight so fast so I have no doubt you could reach your goal by your birthday.

Welcome back to Medifast ;)

xox Toxsiq
319/314/145

"The control of our being is not unlike the combination to a safe, each advance and retreat is a step toward ones final goal." -Bruce Lee
Toxsiq

Lets do this Noah!!!!!!!!!

Postby AngieS » September 22nd, 2005, 7:43 am

Hi Noah!!! I am trying for the 150lb weight loss this time!!!!! This is only going to be my 2, 300 time on a diet of some kind. but who's counting!!!! hahaha. I am so tired of diets and being heavy. The pain on my body is worse than the way I look to myself! Although, I cant wait to shop like a "skinny" person!!!! I wish you the best and look foward to watcing your prgress!!!!!!!!!!
angie
AngieS

Postby PDXNoah » September 22nd, 2005, 9:44 am

Hi again.

Wow - you all have been so kind, what a happy welcome - Thank you! :)

I just got my second order, I signed up for auto-ship as I think that is a great idea. I really like the soups, so I planned to have at least one a day, sometimes more. This was also the first time I tried the Chili, not bad - I think the secret to all the hot supplements is patience! Start with cold water...warm slowly and let them sit!

I had kinda of a long day yesterday. I wouldn't be in the structured environment of work, so I didn't know if and when I was gonna be able to eat on schedule. So I just popped a mint chocolate medifast bar in my shirt pocket, and snuck away for a few minutes to eat it on schedule. I know that really helped me stay COMPLETLEY away from the potluck later in the day! :)

I think there is great wisdom in keeping to the 2-3 hour schedule, as away to control hunger. I wasn't tempted in the least.

Anyway - just wanted to say thank you to all the kind posts and comments. You folks are the best.

-Noah

p.s. Check out the new numbers on the ticker!!!! :) Woo Hoo!
PDXNoah
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Guest » September 22nd, 2005, 10:40 am

Hi Noah:

Sorry for the late welcome. :oops: I didn't see your post til today.

I know you are going to well on this as it looks like you have the the program down and on your way :burnout: to a Healthier lifestyle. I LOVE Medifast. :eat:

Take care and keep posting. :puter: We are all here for each other.

;) ,
Evie

Keep up the Good Motivation!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby AngieS » September 22nd, 2005, 11:13 am

Not that I have a lot of knowledge on this diet yet.... box hasnt arrived!!! hahaha But I can sure tell you have it in your mind to do it this time!!!! I am anxious to monitor your ticker progress. How did you get that ticker anyway? I want to put one at the bottom of my posts. Take care Noah!!!!!
AngieS

Postby Unca_Tim » September 22nd, 2005, 11:38 am

Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby smiller » September 22nd, 2005, 12:40 pm

Welcome Noah - I loved what you said about the "delaying your goal". I always beat myself up over every little slip and then that just leads to more "slips" and more negativity and more failure. I definitely plan to use this new way of thinking. Again, welcome and good luck!!!
Keep looking up, blessings on you, Sheila M.
Psalm 40

Restart 11/2/05
238.8/228.2/175

smiller
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » September 22nd, 2005, 2:00 pm

Noah ~

Great weight loss so far - you should be able to make it to your first goal and have a very HAPPY :candle: birthday in January. We are so pleased for you and your ability to avoid the grub at the potluck yesterday.

:bib: Eating every 2-3 hours is the key to curbing hunger and cravings.

re: chili...there are a lot of posts in the Lean Cuisine about how to prepare it but in general - all soups are best when prepared in the morning or the night before.

Stir the packet of soup or chili into 8 ounces of cold water

Place in the nuclear box and zap for a minute and stir

Nuke again for 30 sec and then let the soup/chili visit the refrigerator for a few hours until you are ready to scarf.

That way the beans n' burger or the rice & veggies have time to re-hydrate and come back to life. It will improve the flavor tremendously and save you a dental bill as the beans won’t bust your front fangs…
:wavie:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 22nd, 2005, 7:33 pm

Welcome Noah!

The people here are so wonderful! A cannot believe how easy this program is when you eat on schedule and get the proper nutrients.
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby martha » September 22nd, 2005, 11:26 pm

WELCOME NOAH---

So glad to have you here with us.. We are so glad to have another man in the mists of things here on our forum. :lol: .I too sneaked a look at your web picture.. gosh you are one tall fellow :mrgreen: ..you will do great on this program..it is the easiest I have ever run across .. The forum is full of wonderful people fighting for the same common goal--weight loss.. they are the most caring people and they really care about you and your journey.. I look forward to seeing how fast you lose(men do lose faster for some reason :x )..Have a blessed week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LeeannNH » September 23rd, 2005, 8:06 am

:D
welcome noah!

im just getting back to the forum today after a few days away. i really loved your post. you have a nice insight into "cheating"---delaying your goal. i really like the thought behind that and will use it! :mrgreen:

i think you are well on your way to a real life change and i just wanted to say welcome and good luck! it already looks like you are well on your way to goal!

take care and i look forward to seeing you around and following your progress
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Next

Return to Come on in.