MISSANNE?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby MISSANNE » April 3rd, 2006, 9:10 pm

Hi Vicky! :wave: I am doing sooo much better now! Thanks! I veered away a little from the plan just at dinner Saturday night but still managed to lose 5lbs. Today, I went to Carl's Jr for lunch with some work people and didn't even have the desire for anything. I ordered a diet coke and ate my bar. My friend finished a burger and fries in the same time I ate my bar! I'm doing it!!!

I really appreciate everything. :hug:

Do have a question though. Believe it or not, my mother offered to pay for me to go to a personal trainer(with her of course). I couldn't refuse that offer so I started this morning. I know were not supposed to exercise yet but do you, or anyone, think I will still lose if I just add another shake or two to make up for the difference in the calories burned? I explained the MF program to the trainer, he said it sounded excellent eating every 2 hrs and a L/G. But he suggested additional calories because I don't want to go overboard or I won't lose. :idontknow:

Anyone have experience exercising right up front?

Thanks again, Vicky!
:stroll:
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby SkinnyMama » April 3rd, 2006, 9:59 pm

Hi Michelle!

Congrats on both the 5lb loss and the addition of a personal trainer! I'm finishing up my second week (this time around :oops: ) and had this exact discussion with Nancy last week since I do exercise pretty vigorously 4-5x's a week on average (3-30 minute training sessions and then 4-5 days of cardio, 30-45 minutes daily). Nancy can correct me if I don't put this down right but she suggested I back off the exercise a tad the first 3 weeks at least so that my body can get used to the program so I have done so and gone down to just 3 days a week (training and cardio)and not as strenuously as before. Also, on days I work out, I am STARVING and woozy (right after my workout) so she did say that I really NEEDED 1-2 more supplements so my body can function and still lose weight and not muscle. So today I had six supplements and I also broke my lean and green up into 2 different meals so I could get some added protein at lunch and dinner.

She also suggested that I maybe eat my daily bar before my workout so I have more carbs in me but I like to save that as a treat in the afternoon :D so what I typically do is have a shake on the way to my workout, spend about 90 minutes in the gym and then when I get home I have an oatmeal and that seems to work for me. Oh, and I also use the Medifast 70 shakes too, it helps to get that added protein!

Lastly, with working out you'll need more water. I typically suck down at least 30 oz during my workouts alone, but that's in addition to what I need to consume generally on the program so if I'm doing my job, I typically get at least 120 oz into me on workout days.

I hope that helps, good luck with the trainer, mine has helped me recover 100% following back surgery last year and I am more physically fit than I have EVER been!

Sari
SkinnyMama

Postby bzlife1967 » April 3rd, 2006, 10:12 pm

Image Image

YAY MISSANNE! Your on the MF road now!!

Geri
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » April 4th, 2006, 7:06 am

Way to go Michelle!!!! You're doing GREAT!!!!

Yep...if you're being worked hard by that personal trainer, DEFINITELY add a shake or two! You may see a little slow down in your weight loss at first, but don't get discouraged, it will begin again! ALSO, if the intense exercise is something you plan to stick to, you may want to get the 70 shakes rather than the 55's, cuz you'll need that extra protein!!!

Keep up the good work!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MISSANNE » April 4th, 2006, 9:21 am

Thanks!!!!! :bow:
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 4th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Yup,
What Joyce said...

I hope your trainer's a hottie!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MISSANNE » April 4th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Oh my goodness...he's delicious! :bib: That is defintaly a major motivation for me to get up at 4:45am. :snooze:
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby MISSANNE » April 4th, 2006, 8:56 pm

If only he was........I could live on MF forever! :mrgreen:
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.