Mini-Goals: Reevaluated My Plan

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Mini-Goals: Reevaluated My Plan

Postby StrivingSister » June 4th, 2006, 6:23 am

Didn't reach my mini-goal of 45 lbs. by 6/4, but I am still excited about my progress. Setting minis have helped me to re-evaluate my progress, make changes, and be a bit more realistic about what my body can do.

I've decided to:

1. Stop flim-flamming about exercise and strength training and start doing it on a regular basis (not some crazy-intense-long-complicated program, though!) Something I can keep up with!

2. Make a bar/ snack trade off. I got this idea from Dayna! On days I have a bar, no snack, and on Days I have a snack, no bar. [Please Note: MF protocol indicates that we CAN in fact have a bar and snack on the same day, every day. This is something that I am choosing to do to change up my regimen and prove to myself yet ANOTHER level of control over my eating habits.]

3. Have Only 1-2 8oz coffees per day instead of 1-2 16oz cups! This has been my only "cheat" throughout the plan - I admit it! (plan says up to three cups and only 1 smidge of h/h or skim milk per day).

4. And off of course, WATER WATER WATER.

I feel that with these adjustments, I should reach my next mini-goal of 50 total pounds lost by 7/30, and of course my overall goal of good health.
Age 30-5'6 1/2"
Start: 2/18/06-5&1
Last Weigh-In: 9/19/06
3rd Mini: 50 by 7/30-Met 7/18!
4th Mini: 65 by 9/17-60.2
StrivingSister
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby falisamarie » June 4th, 2006, 6:31 am

I think your plan sounds wonderful! I too have not been doing the water like I should so I just made a pledge in another post to up my water!

We can do this

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Diana » June 4th, 2006, 8:35 am

Go get 'em, Striving Sister!!

Coffee has been my proving ground, too. Particularly the whitener part. Finally, one day I measured our 2T of half-n-half in to the cup and poured the coffee in to make it the right color, instead of the other way around. About 1 cup! That's it! That's not what most of my cups hold!

And powdered creamer flattened me all together! I ran out of real half-n-half (or as my Welsh grandfather used to say arf-n-arf) at work and used the powdered stuff. Sent me right out of ketosis! Aside from the stop in the fat burning/weight loss, my poor hubby couldn't even make a salad to please me! Wicked Witch of the West had nothing on me! I didn't even need a motive!

Yep, good plan -- up the water, drop the coffee. (That's part of the BeSlimTM philosophy -- Individualized plan!) This whole journey is teaching me consistency! And 36 lbs!! That's terrific!! That would have taken me 18 weeks on WW.

Go get 'em!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Janae » June 4th, 2006, 8:47 am

I am impressed with your plan! I always appreciate goal setting...I know it helps.

I will be watching to see your new "Losing Strategy" working! Keep us informed...

Blessings-
J
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JKSRN » June 4th, 2006, 9:48 am

Hi, I think the 're-vamped' plan of yours sounds great, and also very logical! And, you having been doing great on Medifast, too. No big deal if you don't reach a mini goal, you are losing, and that is all that should matter. But, I do understand that mini goals do drive us forward. Congratulations on your success so far!! PS: I have to watch coffee consumption, also, as I am the type who will give up food for coffee( in my former pre-MF life, that is!) !! :D Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby MusicalMomma Reloaded » June 4th, 2006, 1:13 pm

Go SISTER Go!!!! Your plan is excellent and very doable. You're doing GREAT and I think you'll easily make your next goal of 50# club by 7/30! Keep shakin :)
~Joyce~
Formerly known as MusicalMomma
MusicalMomma Reloaded
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room