metabolism

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

metabolism

Postby intobethin » May 31st, 2006, 8:58 pm

How quick do the pounds come off after the 3 day stage? :roll:
intobethin

Postby sidrah » May 31st, 2006, 10:09 pm

Hi, :wave:
Welcome. FOrgive the simplistic answer, but everyone is different. YOu have to look at a few factors. Male vs. female, amount of weight to loose, how much water you are drinking, how much you stick to it.

Initially, you might loose a lot more than you expected, but then after that first week or so, it might slow down. Read some stories adn you will see as mnay different versions as there are people. One thing that is consistent is that the people that stick with it see results and wonder why they didn't start sooner!

Good luck if you choose to go that route. You will do great if you do the preliminary work- read the book, make sure you are prepared, get whatever might tempt you away for a while.

I would highly reccommend popping back in here. Millions of scenarios play out and of course, you will most likely find someone whose life mirrors yours in one way or another.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » June 2nd, 2006, 3:06 am

The rate of weight loss is highly individualized. The average is 2-5 lbs per week.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby loriannk » June 2nd, 2006, 6:27 am

Ditto what the others said. 2 - 5 lbs. It seems like the more weight you have to lose the more you will lose. You have 30 lbs to lose according to your ticker so you may only lose 2 lbs. The weight will come off if you follow the program.

:goodluck:

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » June 2nd, 2006, 8:16 am

Hi, :D

Age and chronic medical conditions are other factors to consider, although most forum members are much younger and healthier than I---and will lose weight at a more rapid pace!!! Even with a medical problem, and being much older, I am managing a steady loss of 1-2 lbs per week.

My medication was reduced as of yesterday----Yah!!!-----so Medifast does great things---just let it do its work on you! Be patient and realistic--as it took most of us a long time to get where we needed Medifast to help us in our weight loss journey. Again, patience, and no doubt you will be very pleased! Best of luck on your MF success! :D Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jan » June 2nd, 2006, 5:31 pm

Hi there "into..."
Everyone has given you great advice. It is really an idividual situation. Some of us lose quickly and some a bit slower. What you can count on though is that this is the safest and quickest way to part with those pesky pounds. So know that at which ever rate you're going -- you're going as fast as body will allow. Plus, your are saving those muscles so that when you reach your goal you'll have a much easier time maintaining the weight loss. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Joan

Postby dede4wd » June 2nd, 2006, 6:22 pm

Yay! I'm so happy your medication was reduced! You're getting healthier! I'm proud of you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » June 3rd, 2006, 11:45 am

Joan ~ That's fantastic that your medication has been reduced. By the way, I just read in another thread that you've changed your username. What's up? Don't want to be a yankee anymore???
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room