Medifast

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Medifast

Postby Poopsie » March 11th, 2006, 7:40 pm

I am wondering how Medifast is prepared. I have been on liquid diets before. One offered ready made shakes which tasted quite good and one offered packages that you mixed with water which didn't taste good. In what form are the Medifast shakes available?
Poopsie

I am sure a Health Advisor will be along presently...

Postby Ginabobina1969 » March 11th, 2006, 8:27 pm

The answer to your question is that Medifast is offered in both forms you mentioned! :) RTD-Ready to drink and powdered form.

I myself have not had the RTD's but have seen a lot of the people on this board post high praise of them.

Also, besides the shakes they offer a large variety of oatmeals, soups, health bars, pudding, cold drinks, hot drinks among other choices. You no longer have to just do shakes if you do not wish. You lose just as quickly useing 5 of any combination of the supplements, excepting the bars, which you may only have 1 of a day. Also, you may have one meal "Lean n Green" which may consist of 7 oz of chicken, turkey or fish OR 5 oz of lean beef, pork, or lamb. AND 2 cups of salad with up to 1/2 cup of 'allowed' veggies OR 1 1/2 cups of cooked 'allowed' veggies.

I Myself, am a fan of all the oatmeals, soups, bars and mostly everything.

Hope this Helps!
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: Medifast

Postby BerkshireGrl » March 11th, 2006, 11:16 pm

Poopsie wrote:I am wondering how Medifast is prepared. I have been on liquid diets before. One offered ready made shakes which tasted quite good and one offered packages that you mixed with water which didn't taste good. In what form are the Medifast shakes available?

Hey there! :)

I have not tried the ready-to-drink shakes - but I have tried all the 55 Formula shakes.

In my humble opinion...

I think the Dutch Chocolate is GREAT! (and the other flavors range from yum to eh, no thanks, but all are better than say, SlimFast, which I think is NASTY stuff.) I think too that it's tough to compare Medifast shakes to X brand shakes - formulations could be quite different and tastes too.

Also -- I'd recommend ordering samples of the powdered ones and giving 'em a shot before you write them off. They're cheaper and more portable heheh! ;)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » March 12th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Personally, I hate all the shake mixes and haven't had any since my first month or so on the program. I live on the soups, chili, oatmeals, puddings, cocoa and bars, with an occasional ready-to-drink shake thrown in. And my lean and green, of course.

The RTDs, to me, are creamier and have less of a soy and fake-chocolate taste. They're only available in a couple of flavors, though. So far.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lauradr » March 13th, 2006, 3:30 am

Hi. I use the mix most of the time I do blend it it makes it more creamer I have used the the ready-to-drink shakes when I fly they are good also
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Hyperion » March 13th, 2006, 3:49 pm

When I began MF, it was 4 shakes a day, 1 oatmeal, 1 soup. No more, no less...

After 1 week, I was yuuuuk... feeling disgusted about the shakes...

Then I discovered some tricks...

Believe it or not, but a blender instead of a manual shaker jar, 4 cubes of ice and 2/3 cup water can make any shakes tastes godly. I'm not exagerating. I really really do like them now. All the flavors! Except vanilla, lol that one just ain't bearable no more to me :D
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ktrout » March 13th, 2006, 5:03 pm

Hyperion wrote:When I began MF, it was 4 shakes a day, 1 oatmeal, 1 soup. No more, no less...

After 1 week, I was yuuuuk... feeling disgusted about the shakes...

Then I discovered some tricks...

Believe it or not, but a blender instead of a manual shaker jar, 4 cubes of ice and 2/3 cup water can make any shakes tastes godly. I'm not exagerating. I really really do like them now. All the flavors! Except vanilla, lol that one just ain't bearable no more to me :D

I agree 100% on the blender with ice cubes. I bought a Hamilton Beach mini-blender and it's the best thing for shakes. Quick, easy and doesn't take up much room on the counter. Just cut back on the water so it doesn't thin out too much.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to The Weight Room