15 lbs to go

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

15 lbs to go

Postby estrellita » September 9th, 2005, 5:53 am

i lost weight on my own and now have a difficult 15 lbs to lose before i get to a healthy weight. i am going to be a bridesmaid at my cousin's wedding and don't want to look like beached whale. my MF journey has gone off with a bumpy start, i havent been really sticking to the plan. If i stuck to the MF plan and this schedule:
7 am breakfast: shake or soup or bar
10am snack: shake or soup
1pm lunch: shake or soup or chili
4 pm snack: shake or soup or chili
10pm: shake

will i be able to lose those last 15 lbs in 3 weeks?
start date: Sept 4, 2005
goal: lose 20 lbs
estrellita

Postby smiller » September 9th, 2005, 6:00 am

Hi - I've been on MF 5 and 1 for 3 1/2 weeks now and have lost a little over 15 lbs - I'm fairly new but did notice a couple of things with your schedule. First - I don't think you should be having a bar for either your first or your last meal - something about the amount of carbs and sugary effect it has on your body. Second, are you doing the complete or the 5 and 1? If you're on the 5 and 1, then you should be having your lean and green meal at the 7 p.m. (approx) slot and if you are on complete, you should be having a shake/soup/bar or something during that same time slot. It looks like you are eating nothing from 4 - 10 and I know you're supposed to eat every 2-3 hours to keep your body burning. Anway, I'm sure you'll get more responses but just thought I would offer that. Good luck...
Keep looking up, blessings on you, Sheila M.
Psalm 40

Restart 11/2/05
238.8/228.2/175

smiller
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby kimalexrn » September 9th, 2005, 6:07 am

Estrelllita, Welcome to the forum and MF land. Make sure that you get in all your water. This isas important as the shakes,soups etc. It is possible to lose the weight you want to lose, if you stay compliant. Take 1 day at a time and the weight will come off.

Kim
Kim

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Thil4/]
[/url]

Started MF 5/09/05
250/200/170
Started AGAIN 07/15/08
249/200/160
kimalexrn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Guest » September 9th, 2005, 6:36 am

thank you so much kimalexrn and smiller for your quick replies and support. I really really appreciate it very much cos i will need all the help i can get. smiller, you are right about my gap from 4pm - 10pm, that is a long time to go not eating something, and i did read somewhere in this forum that it isnt a good idea to have a bar early in the morning because of the sugar. so here is my tweaked plan:
7am: shake or soup
10am: shake or soup
1pm:shake or soup
4pm: shake or soup
7pm: shake or soup or chili
10pm: shake

i am really gonna stick to this plan now. thanks again for your advice and ideas.

Postby estrellita » September 9th, 2005, 7:28 am

smiller wrote:Second, are you doing the complete or the 5 and 1? If you're on the 5 and 1, then you should be having your lean and green meal at the 7 p.m. (approx) slot and if you are on complete, you should be having a shake/soup/bar or something during that same time slot. It looks like you are eating nothing from 4 - 10 and I know you're supposed to eat every 2-3 hours to keep your body burning. Anway, I'm sure you'll get more responses but just thought I would offer that. Good luck...

i am on the complete fast plan. is there a difference in the weightloss between the 5 and 1 and the complete?
estrellita

15 pounds to go

Postby Jan » September 9th, 2005, 6:44 pm

Hi There,
As usual the wonderful forum members caught your errors. Not a good idea to have the bar first thing in the am -- spikes your sugar or last thing at night. Also you were leaving out a serving. I see your new schedule and it looks much better. And Kim is right --- Drink your water -- it is really important. If you don't it will sloooooow weight loss!! :x
But, I also noticed something else
"I haven't really been sticking to the plan"
There is a big difference here with this program and some others. You must be completely compliant if you want to lose the most weight possible. It is a matter of balance -- this program is medically balanced and when you "fool" around with it you disturb the balance. The rule is "don't mess with Medifast" :x and it's very very true. You'll make it!!
jan :D
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 9th, 2005, 10:56 pm

estrellita ~

Thank you for revising your meal plan and for not skipping a packet. Our body needs every scrap of nutrition that we give to it and this program is unlike any other program that most people have ever used.

Remember, people who are on the complete meal replacement program with no regular food are advised to be supervised by their physician or a qualified medical practitioner. If you are on the complete meal replacement program it is vital that you go through the transition phase properly to prevent gastric distress. It is important to not suddenly stop the weight loss program and go from low fat, low calorie totally nutritious food to high fat, high sugary foods – we gradually reintroduce foods so our stomach and body can adjust to them, we gradually increase our calories and increase our exercise.

Weight loss rates vary from person to person. We cannot guarantee that you will lose those 15 pounds in three weeks. If you follow the program faithfully, we know that you will safely lose the most amount of weight in the quickest possible time.

Eating on time and drinking water in between your shakes and soups will have you looking so good. The bride just might be jealous!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby estrellita » September 13th, 2005, 4:59 am

thank you so much for all your wonderful advice. I have never been on a board where everyone was super supportive and very nice. I will take all your advice to heart. :D

weightloss update coming soon.....
estrellita

Postby Lisa Renee » September 13th, 2005, 7:14 am

Get used to it around here! There are a bunch of great folk here who want to help you make it!

Hugs
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby estrellita » September 13th, 2005, 8:15 am

awww, you guys are gonna make me all teary-eyed :)
estrellita

Postby Nancy » September 13th, 2005, 7:51 pm

I was thinking about you today. I hope that you are feeling mighty fine and shaking it up and off!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby estrellita » September 17th, 2005, 10:14 am

Nancy you are sooo great!! i am sure am shakin it big time! :exercise:
estrellita

Postby Nancy » September 17th, 2005, 8:37 pm

Yippy!

I am glad - you keep on keepin' on now or I will harm you!!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room