Katieb920

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby katieb920 » December 1st, 2008, 3:15 pm

Ok girls SHHHHHHHH.. I was not going to tell anyone that WW is so not for me. Do you know how hard it is for a chef to measure food. LAUGHING. I was not going to say anything but I am back I started yesterday morning. I did not want to tell anyone. But I feel if I dont tell anyone it gives me the opportunity to cheat. I know I am strange. So far so good. I have been chewing a lot of my peppermint bubble yum. And eating my pickles
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby nickieluv » December 1st, 2008, 7:08 pm

Awesome - so today makes two days down, right? I think the gum sounds like a great idea - I'm not a gum person but it's hard to eat with gum in your mouth I bet. Welcome back. I won't tell anyone. :lol:
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 1st, 2008, 8:12 pm

Hey, Katie, I'm trying to be here, too. Like I think it was Suzy said, I for SURE don't want the scale going up anymore and it's been heading up all year long for me. The more it went up, I think the more indulgent I became until now I've built a little FAT PLATFORM that seems perfectly capable of sustainging even more FAT - hips are bigger, waist is bigger, everything's gotten bigger preparing for an even greater increase. Sounds funny, but it's all true and at my age, almost 51, I can tell you there aren't any miracles in my future with this being a passing phase for me. I'm a lifer in this battle to avoid undue excess weight and if I don't figure it out or at least put in the time trying to, it's a downhill road for me and it could be rapid.

Glad you're on day #2 and let's encourage one another. Im really hopeful again after just one day - kind of clinging to hope that I remain focussed, and that everyone else does, too.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby katieb920 » December 2nd, 2008, 5:08 pm

Hi Ductch.
It really does help me a lot when I am here. It makes me accountable. If you go back in my journal when I do not come here for days that means something is up....
Day 3 going strong. Got home was very hungry, went for the pickles , had a couple of pieces of gum. The headaches are finally going away. This morning I woke up with a doozer.

Can not wait for Biggest Loser tonight. I hope Vicky gets the boot gosh I can not stand her. She make cringe when I see her. Lets go Black team
Katie
katieb920

Postby DutchChoc » December 2nd, 2008, 7:01 pm

Hi, katie, darn if my post didn't disappear when i submitted it, but here goes again....

I'm inspired by those Biggest Losers, for sure, but this season I haven't been very attentive - seems too many things have interrupted on Tuesday nights and I can only remember the first couple who got sent home, or maybe the second couple. I think Heba was still there when I was watching.

Anyway, good for you for making it through day #3, which is my challenge tomorrow. I haven't been too hungry or even headachy yet - had to stand up on my commuter bus almost 1 hr after work so I was thinking, yeah, EXERCISE, which is still lacking in my improvement plan. Anyway, my point is, I'm doing fine as far as energy goes, no fainting or feeling light-headed, which could be bad on the bus standing with the overheating going on there, wearing a winter coat, etc. I'm doing fine!

Be trying to do the same tomorrow - our day #4 and my #3. I'll try to read more of your journal to see what your trek has been like. Thanks for writing back to me - it really helps if someone here can - and does - acknowledge our little efforts and goings on.

Let's hang in! I want to see that I can do this again - no alternate plans right now because they pretty certainly won't work.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » December 2nd, 2008, 7:10 pm

Hey, OrigAUgirl, great job hanging in there - did not see your post here nearly with the encouragement, caring, and positive vibes for us. Thanks so much! I'd like to apologize for reading and not chiming in soon enough or at all when you posted about your mom and loving her and the worries about her health the other day - I really wanted to and should have. I avoid pain sometimes - I guess that's what helps make me/us fat - avoiding pain, even others' pain. I hope you're doing better and it sounds like you're doing wonderfully at the three-week point. Seems so far away to me, one foot clopping after the other in slow motion so far. I hope you feel more energized tomorrow - sometimes a new day makes a big difference and Ill be hoping it helps you. I'll also be hoping for all of us working at this MF effort/Nancy's train to Thinsville where all the girls wear dental floss for bikinis. I had a trainer once who teased about that in aerobics class - oh, those were probably the days!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » December 3rd, 2008, 8:34 am

Stupid, stupid Vicky. I've found this season such a disappointment compared to previous years. And there was barely any working out in last night's episode, which is my favorite part for inspiration on the treadmill. Sigh.

How are you holding up, Katie? BTW, have you tried Extra gum in strawberry-banana? It's my new favorite, even though it makes me feel a little bit like a sellout because it's the brand featured so prominently on BL.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby katieb920 » December 3rd, 2008, 9:18 am

I am holding up really well. Day 4... on my second shake of the day. Little headache but thats all good. Never tried that gum will go out and buy it. I really love my peppermint bubble yum. It makes the biggest bubbles ever. I know sounds kind of dorky but when I drive for 10 hours a day and do not eat or smoke it makes me not that hungry.

I was really sad that renee left. Did you notice how sweet vicky started being, I think she got some outside scoop that she was a beotch. I hope That michelle wins it. You want to know something I really do not mind if ED wins it.
Katie
katieb920

Postby DogMa » December 3rd, 2008, 10:14 am

Michelle, all the way. She's the only one left that I can stand. Although Ed's OK. And Heba's been better, but maybe that's just in comparison to Vicky.

I'm usually not a fan of fruity gum (cinnamon's usually my favorite, followed by peppermint), but for some reason I just love this one. A little tart, a little sweet, and the flavor really DOES last a long time.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby katieb920 » December 3rd, 2008, 1:19 pm

Just bought the gum. It is ok. MY SON LOVES IT... Still like my bubble yum form the 90's

Going good today. Not so much thinking about food
Katie
katieb920

Postby katieb920 » December 3rd, 2008, 2:42 pm

I am furious. Matthew is getting a D in science. We are in the middle of the market period. I AM SO FURIOUS with him. He had a project due on tuesdays. Received a 60. I am thinking that he had 3 days to do it, it turns out he had 20 days to do it. He says to me I dont like science and I am not going to do it. Well today was the first day of The biggest punishement of his life. Sent him to his room He will not goto practice tonight or tomorrow and is grounded for the weekend. Usually on Thursdays I let him have a friends over. NOPE i do not think so. OMG steam is coming out of my head. I am furious. And he better watch it, because next week I was going to take him to Rockefeller center to see the tree. Well he better ace his test on friday to get his grade up. Because he will be surely missed in NYC why he stays home and I bring his friends.

Sorry I am ranting. I feel like this is my diary sometimes.
Katie
katieb920

Postby DutchChoc » December 3rd, 2008, 7:30 pm

Hi, Katie,

Hope you're still doing OK - kind of makes things worse to get upset, worse because of the extra stress. My son is in 7th grade and is in a similar boat tonight and tomorrow night, if it helps you any - we have a history project due Friday - did I say YAY? He didn't feel much like working on it tonight, so tomorrow will be a killer.

Good thing it's only the mid-term situation and your son can likely get up to a B for the semester. Be sure to look after yourself.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby katesmom » December 4th, 2008, 5:06 pm

Hey Katie...
I am not gone !! I have decided to get my butt back here and be accountable and do some serious weight loss !

Just wanted to say hi !

:D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby katieb920 » December 6th, 2008, 8:33 am

Hey Leigh,

Yeah my son is in Middle school. But I am excited to say that he got a 88 on his science test. Middle school goes from 5-8 Last year in 4th grade matthew and myself hated his teacher. She never once notified me that matthew was not doing well. I had to notify her. Let me tell you a little story. In 4th grade you do not switch classes you stay in the same classroom for the enitre day. Well the first day of school last year they got there seats and were doing great. Well on fridays if you are in football and cheerleading you can where your uniform top. Well There were about 7 football players in Matthews classroom. Well when the teacher saw that she switched up all of the seating. Matthew originally sat next to a few of his friends from football. She did not even give the kids a chance.(matthew is very shy.)

Matthew loves the middle school. So matthew is not grounded today. Thank god because I would not want to hear his whining.
Katie
katieb920

Postby katieb920 » December 6th, 2008, 8:34 am

katesmom wrote:Hey Katie...
I am not gone !! I have decided to get my butt back here and be accountable and do some serious weight loss !

Just wanted to say hi !

:D

Hey girl glad you are back..... I know it is hard but lets just do it.
Katie
katieb920

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal