Karli

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Karli » August 4th, 2007, 8:12 am

*warning* Long post ahead :-P

Well, yesterday was really fun and interesting. I went out with Dayna, and we first went bra shopping at a little bra boutique. I will admit, I have never done that before and have always gone to department stores -- this was different !

Dayna needed a maternity bra, I needed something besides the TWO grossly oversized bras that I have been wearing (simultaneously) since even BEFORE I started to lose weight. I feel like a new woman ! The lady actually measured me and brought me a bunch of bras to try on in all sorts of styles and in different colors. I found three that I *really* liked and wore *one* of them out of the store.

I don't know why, but I am semi-proud of how much smaller I am on top -- I mean, I know why, it's because I am much more comfortable than I used to be -- but, you know, society likes big ones :-P. And, I just feel so sporty or something in these new, perfectly fitting, smaller bras.

After bra shopping, we went to lunch where I had some chicken breasts and salad. I am pretty sure it had extra sodium, but, I realized that even if that meant I wouldn't do much weight-losing overnight, that wasn't going to knock me out of ketosis and it wasn't going to knock me off program. Sometimes even extra sodium would make me feel like a failure and I would chuck the whole day, and consequently chuck wherever I was on the program prior to that point. Not a sane decision.

Anyway, I was happy with my decision and yesterday I don't think I felt hungry even once. And, even though I was out all day, I stayed nearly perfectly on schedule and kept myself right with the program. It felt good and I feel like my realizations of late have been the largest contributing factor in my ability to not even *begin* to listen to silly temptations.

After a long lunch (involving some LONG, sorely needed chatting) we headed to the Mall to do girly things. I haven't done that in ages. Dayna took me to the "Mac" counter at Macy's where a guy there gave me a complete makeup makeover. Let me post a pic :

This photo doesn't do the makeup job justice, but I think it shows a different side of me -- more finished or something. I will admit, I felt like a model ! I am going to be looking for a "new" look this year since this is going to be a major year for me and my career -- essentially I am going to be "launching" myself as an artist and estabilishing how I want the public to "know" me and "see" me -- this is quite a major thing for me, actually, and I am currently acting as my own manager (which I don't mind doing at all, it's just not easy (but, I guess I like challenges)). Well, that topic is BIG and so I will leave it for now.

Along those lines of needing a new look, and after going to the dress department to try on dresses (of which I didn't get any), I felt newly resolved about wanting to reach 160 -- which is finally a goal weight I am really feeling good about. I fit into the size 12 dresses just fine -- and, that's what size my "skinny" jeans are from a few months ago -- but, I would like to just be more defined than what I am now -- and a little slimmer. I think I will be happy at 160.

So, if I were going to purchase all of the makeup that was put on me yesterday, it would cost about $500 !! That doesn't even include brushes nor any kind of skin care and makeup removing products. In an effort to not be impulsive, I didn't get *anything at all* but had him write down everything he used on me so I can come back as I please.

In my future : New makeup, new wardrobe, new hairstyle (new look) -- headshots and website.

This can be thousands of dollars -- which, we *could* manage if we really wanted to spend our money that way ... but ... I think I want to be a little more down-to-earth about it and see if we can get "the look" with about half the expense. That is going to involve some trickiness ... but honestly, I even trust God with that. I have to be willing to take things one step at a time.

In other news, I am down a half pound today from yesterday. Not astronomical, and I would really like to drop the bloat from a not-so-stellar week of eating, but, my feet are on the ground about it. I went back to fit day and I will be keeping track of each supplement and condiment there, as well as my daily weighins. I set a goal of September 1st to reach my goal weight of 160, which would mean I need to lose 2.88 pounds per week -- that seems reasonable. It's a little scary to me thinking about making commitments to something like this -- but, I guess I need to see that it's really just a commitment to myself and to God.

Cheers, beauties !
Last edited by Karli on August 4th, 2007, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby holberry » August 4th, 2007, 8:31 am

wow Karli,
your picture simply exudes beauty, inside and out.
stunning.
what a fun day you had. and the girls are in their proper place now :)

hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » August 4th, 2007, 9:38 am

Congrats on your great MAC makeover. Last one I had they gave me a smoky eye that was entirely purple! It was a bit much. I love your bangs, they look a lot like mine right now. Good luck on all your endeavors. :rose: :heart:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » August 4th, 2007, 10:20 am

Karli, you look lovely!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby nickieluv » August 4th, 2007, 3:58 pm

I LOVE the new look - even though it may not be *the* professional, final product. It truly does show another side of you.

I am very excited for you and where your career is going. You ARE in a place to handle this, woman! You can do anything you put your mind to, and you are going to be a star - if that's what you want. You just have it about you, even through the internet ether - you are a force to be reckoned with.

(dancing about on my tippy-toes in excitement for your future!)
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » August 6th, 2007, 7:33 am

Thanks, ladies !

Nickie, somehow I really needed to hear that. It's going to need to become my mantra these days ("I can do it !") because I feel a bit like I am being caught up in a tornado :-P.

Quick update : I bought a bunch of makeup -- A BUNCH :shock:. So much that I had to get a fishing tackle box to organize and hold it all :-P. And, it wasn't MAC stuff -- I figured I could spend about $500 on a very limited amount of stuff there, or I could spend less on a hoard of "decent" things -- which is what I did.

Also, I have gone clothes shopping the last couple of days and will continue doing so for awhile. I am getting *almost* whatever I want as long as I feel like I cannot live without it. That is changing my adventure quite a bit. I am shopping at local boutiques and have found a couple of very nice pieces there, and then I have found some in betweens. I am actually going to head to Wal Mart this morning and get some basics there ... but, whatever it is, I have to adore it. If I am on the fence, I don't buy it and I decide to "think about" and see how I feel over a few days. There are a couple of items I saw on Saturday that I am still thinking about. I figure the pieces that stick with me day after day, after seeing and trying on tons of clothing, I will go back and at least try them on again.

Anyhoo -- I am very thrilled to have been down another full pound this morning, which put me back into the 160's at 169.5 !! Yippee !! Just two pounds from the 70 pound club :).

Cheers !
Last edited by Karli on August 6th, 2007, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karli

Postby bikipatra » August 6th, 2007, 7:36 am

Karli wrote:
Quick update : I bought a bunch of makeup -- A BUNCH :shock:. So much that I had to get a fishing tackle box to organize and hold it all :-P. And, it wasn't MAC stuff -- I figured I could spend about $500 on a very limited amount of stuff there, or I could spend less on a hoard of "decent" things -- which is what I did.

Anyhoo -- I am very thrilled to have been down another full pound this morning, which put me back into the 160's at 169.5 !! Yippee !! Just two pounds from the 70 pound club :).

Cheers !

Congrats at the loss and don't feel bad about the make-up. I spent 1,100 bucks at Sephora once. It took a long one to live that one down!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby holberry » August 6th, 2007, 8:10 am

Karli,
hooray on the 160's. what a delicious sounding number. and the new club around the corner.YES :D
hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Karli » August 7th, 2007, 7:03 am

bikipatra wrote: Congrats at the loss and don't feel bad about the make-up. I spent 1,100 bucks at Sephora once. It took a long one to live that one down!

hee hee... well, okay, that is a lot of money to me and kind of makes me giggle :D. I have been doing some clothes shopping and don't *exactly* plan to stop anytime soon ... :oops:

Thanks, holberry ! Yeah, I am pretty excited to be back into the good ol' 160's again. I just feel much more 'at home' here :).

So, I feel slightly jipped in my weighin today as I woke up at 4am and was the same weight as yesterday. Then, at 5am I had a suppy (because I couldn't go back to sleep) and some water, laid in bed for about an hour and a half, got up, peed, and weighed the same :(. I am only upset because I am betting it would have been a bit lower (maybe a pound or even 2 :huh: ) had I just slept more normally. Ah well, what am I really complaining about anyway ? :-P

Well, I have to take one of my new purchases back to the boutique (and I may look at another piece while I am there :mrgreen:) because once I got it home, I found a hole in the seam ... argh. And, since I haven't a lick of sewing skills, I am needing them to take care of it since it seems it can be easily ruined. Anyway, they should for the price I paid for it :(.

My motto for today and for the month is that it's time to do some serious streamlining. I have rearranged the bedroom (simply *must* be done once in awhile). And, now that I am getting some new clothes, it's time to release some of the oldies.

I am starting to feel like I can handle this next year ... it's just going to take me being patient, consistent, steadfast and *extremely* organized. I guess those aren't such bad things to be :-P.

Cheers !
Karli

Postby bikipatra » August 7th, 2007, 7:52 am

One time I spent 38 dollars on ONE lipstick because it was a limited edition Tom Ford for Estee Lauder lipstick (the first time he did it) with real gold in it and it was sold out so I got it on Ebay. Perhaps I have a slight problem with spending....just a little. :roll: Oh, and it was a lot of money to me too. (the trip to Sephora). Now my typical bill there is around 200 and I don't go too often because it seems like I have every product in every color and just get sucked in! Mostly I buy new lipstick. I love Nars, Lorac and Too Faced. I love Mac lipsticks too but you can't get them at Sephora. The only MAC product I find different than anything else anyone makes is their paints.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby bikipatra » August 7th, 2007, 8:08 am

Karli wrote:So, I feel slightly jipped in my weighin today as I woke up at 4am and was the same weight as yesterday. Then, at 5am I had a suppy (because I couldn't go back to sleep) and some water, laid in bed for about an hour and a half, got up, peed, and weighed the same :(. I am only upset because I am betting it would have been a bit lower (maybe a pound or even 2 :huh: ) had I just slept more normally. Ah well, what am I really complaining about anyway ? :-P

!

I''ve done the same thing (you know I'm an early riser) and will lose if I have a bit of water but an actual supplement seems to ruin it for me even if I go back to sleep.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby queenielou » August 7th, 2007, 8:33 am

Hey Karli,

Forgive me for not commenting sooner on how beautiful you look in the picture you posted. Gorgeous!

The makeup counter folks get me every time. I always feel like I just fell off the turnip truck when I leave with a little bag with $200 worth of makeup. I have more makeup than I will ever wear. I hardly ever put it on because I don't like touching it up or washing it off. Showering and brushing my teeth are about the only things I can commit to every day.

Hope you're having a great day even if the scale was playing games with you :)
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby nickieluv » August 7th, 2007, 11:32 am

Karli wrote:I am starting to feel like I can handle this next year ... it's just going to take me being patient, consistent, steadfast and *extremely* organized. I guess those aren't such bad things to be :-P.

Certainly they are not bad things to be, and they are things you already ARE or you wouldn't even be getting these opportunities. Seriously, how could you teach without being patient, consistent, steadfast and organized?

But so long as you are finally realizing that you are not being given anything you can't handle, I'm happy!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » August 8th, 2007, 6:42 am

GOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooDDD MOORnin' Vietnam !!

Okay. Don't ask because I have no idea. But, lately, I am feeling a bit ready to take on the year. I mean, not really "ready" quite yet, but maybe ready to take on the challenge anyway. Okay, maybe not even that yet ... LOL, but I am trying to psyche myself up anyway.

Thanks ladies for stopping by. Biki, hee hee, real gold dust, eh ? That sounds pretty great, actually :mrgreen:. Can't say that I really blame you much for going for it ... hee hee.

Queenie, thanks for visiting my little world here :). Yeah, brush the teeth is about all I used to do ... hee hee (that's not really a total exaggeration :shock:) -- lately, though, I am trying to convince myself that it's a good thing that I am doing more than that. It's been fine so far, for the most part.

Nickie, once again, thanks very much. Your words are very important to me !! You are right, and I appreciate your perspective very much. Something I have been trying to be careful of, though, is not taking on too much, as I have a tendency to do. However, I have "grown" in my organizational abilities over the last couple of years, so I need to trust that.

Okay, woke up at 5am this morning, which isn't as bad as 4am, which isn't as bad as 3am, but, it's still not the same as 6:30am. But, it's okay because I feel pretty rested and though I didn't sleep for great lengths of time overall, it was a good sleep.

And, I weighed in at 168.5 this morning, which is a full pound down from yesterday, so I will take it !!

Along those lines, I am starting to look a bit boney to myself in certain areas (and not necessarily in other areas). I think 160 will be a good weight for me, I don't think I need to go any lower than that -- so, still, it is feeling like my actual goal -- which is exciting to me now, since I am only 8.5 pounds away from goal 8).

Anyway, I wish you all a wonderful day !! I'll check in as time permits :). Cheers !
Karli

Postby bikipatra » August 8th, 2007, 7:21 am

Karli wrote:

Okay, woke up at 5am this morning, which isn't as bad as 4am, which isn't as bad as 3am, but, it's still not the same as 6:30am. But, it's okay because I feel pretty rested and though I didn't sleep for great lengths of time overall, it was a good sleep.

You know I cant relate to that in the least! :lol: We're going to start caling it Karli o'clock.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal