Karli

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Tawanda » July 19th, 2007, 9:17 am

4# less on the scale is great! Glad you are back to posting with us. You were missed.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sojourner » July 19th, 2007, 9:52 am

Hiya, Karli! :wave:
Awesome overnight loss!
Welcome back....as you can see, we all missed you
!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » July 20th, 2007, 5:07 am

Hey Karli! How are you doing today Ms. Performer? Seriously, when you become a big opera star I am traveling wherever you are to see the show. I can totally relate to your nerves about this change from teacher to performer. Although I've never been through it on such a grand scale, I took several years off from doing summer theatre and that first year back I was a wreck at auditions, and I kept telling the director that if she wanted me to step down from the role she gave me so someone better could do it, I would. (Yeah, I know, that screams 'validate me!' but at the time I just felt I was being modest and trying not to let any ego get in the way of the show - it was a tough show with 4 female leads and 2 of the 4 had heads that would barely fit through the door....) Anyway, you deserve this opportunity and I'm glad you're back here instead of letting food make your decisions for you. And of course, I'm just glad you're back here in the first place. :mrgreen:
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » July 20th, 2007, 6:26 am

Hi, you guys ! Thanks for such wonderful messages !

A short little snippet of my day yesterday --

I ate a PB snack that was probably too big (yeah, there shouldn't be any probablies :oops:) and I would rather not eat PB at all at this point.

I ate 2 bars.

I ate too much chicken and probably too much condiment.

Now, I am down another half a pound today, which is good, but I want to be a better worker of the program today. I scraped myself through my second day and hope to rock my third, today ! It's so ... funny/frustrating how certain mindframes can just kind of take a person over (they start off subtley). And, I recognize that justifying anything about too much of this and that yesterday will only serve to throw me off, eventually -- so, none of that justification business for me ! I want to be skinny !!

Okay. I must go and form my oatmeal delight and get myself a cup o' jo (no, not serendipity !) :mrgreen:

Now, in the words of the wise and mighty Schwarzenegger : I'll be Bach (that's for you, Nickie :mrgreen:)
Last edited by Karli on July 20th, 2007, 7:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby nickieluv » July 20th, 2007, 7:03 am

I'll be Beethoven - I've got the bedhead going on today anyway! :lol:
nickieluv

Postby Karli » July 20th, 2007, 4:01 pm

Well, so far I am picture perfect on program today -- my L/G and one supp to go...

I am so sleepy though, I may need a little nappy-bye. Just checking in with things :).
Karli

Postby bikipatra » July 20th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Karli wrote:Well, so far I am picture perfect on program today -- my L/G and one supp to go...

I am so sleepy though, I may need a little nappy-bye. Just checking in with things :).

ditto! Glad things are going well for both of us.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lizabette » July 20th, 2007, 10:22 pm

Happy to see you back, KARLI. I missed you a lot.
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby bikipatra » July 21st, 2007, 4:44 am

Would you accuse me of being effusive if I said again how glad I am you are back? You were one of the posters who really defined my first few months MF'ing and I will always be grateful for that. :heart:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Amber » July 21st, 2007, 5:31 am

Happy to see you posting again, Karli; I've been wondering about you.
Hang on & stay positive, we all know that YOU can do this!!
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Karli » July 21st, 2007, 6:11 am

Thanks, Ladies ! You know, I am happy to be back, too :). I had to do some soul searching (and so on) and though I didn't post much, I did visit the site and I did think about you still :).

Anyway, day 3 was a great success -- no double bar, no extra chicken, not even a PB snack (or any snack) and I am feeling ready to rock day 4. I lost another pound overnight --which never hurt the likes of me-- leaving me at 173.5 (at 5:30am) this morning. I'll take it ! I am starting to feel thin-feeling again... and that is such a relief.

There is nothing thrilling about feeling like I am gaining weight and feeling as though I might be brinking on being out of control with that ! I am happy to have had a calm voice telling me that this is something I don't need to *worry* about, since I know what to do ... I just need to do what I know to do. And, now I am :). And, it's so wonderful to have this forum with you people on it -- you are really beautiful individuals to me.

Okay -- I must be in ketosis since I am feeling so calm and satisfied ... hee hee.

bye bye for now ! -- and thanks for checking in on me :).
Karli
Karli

Postby queenielou » July 21st, 2007, 7:52 am

Yay for ketosis! It's great to hear how well you're doing, Karli :) I hope the good feelings stick around and that the pounds don't!

Keep up the good work :)
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou

Postby holberry » July 21st, 2007, 9:29 am

Hey Karli,
aint nothing like feeling in control.
and feeling thin.
good feelings
have great day ,
hols
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » July 21st, 2007, 9:51 am

welcome back...
you, uh... lika romantica?
:hug:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » July 21st, 2007, 5:05 pm

Hey Karli - ignore me if I'm wrong about the following;

I was just thinking that I have faltered most when I've tried not to come here, not to need this place and the people here. I know you are supremely busy with your career now, but after you part with these last pesky pounds, maybe you could become part of the maintenance group here and keep watching over us all? And keep yourself on track as well? It seems to be a great help not just to those on the program, but to maintainers as well, to be able to stick around here and help others and compare notes with each other about maintenance living.

Just a selfish thought, trying to make sure you're always here when I need you.... But I didn't know if maybe you had been having a similar issue, trying to distance yourself from this place and the part of your life when you were losing weight? Or something?
nickieluv

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal