Karli

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Tawanda » June 6th, 2007, 5:40 am

Karli, I'm very happy for you! :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby nickieluv » June 6th, 2007, 5:58 am

That is truly a wonderful opportunity - and it might even be more beneficial for you than getting the role would have been. You are a rising star!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » June 18th, 2007, 10:56 am

Hey Karli - How is everything going? Have your shows started yet?? How is the relationship with your mentor going - did it get off the ground?
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Tawanda » June 18th, 2007, 3:58 pm

Karli, I add my voice to Sue's......miss you!
Tawanda

Postby Karli » July 18th, 2007, 11:09 am

Hi, you guys. Thanks very much for asking about me, and I did see it right away, I just have been ... you know, in my own world a bit and have thought a lot about responding but just haven't been able to. I know, I am strange, but that's just the way it is.

Anyway, you know, things are going *okay* -- I am not where I want to be weight-wise, but then again, I never was. Sometimes I am feeling tempted to try to get to what my original goal was, 155 (this would be SKINNY for me) -- but, I am still not sure about that. I think I would be genuinely happy with 160, which is not where I am at right now (and I never actually even reached that).

Honestly, I think that I had fallen a bit into a rutt.... emotionally, physically ... in many ways. Feeling out of control about this, out of control about that ... yadda yadda ... the usual story when it comes to this stuff. And, of course, my eating habits would reflect it, and then the scale does/would reflect my eating habits.

Next year is going to be so busy for me, it's really going to "inspire" me to grow -- it's going to be a bit of a sink or swim year for me, and if I swim, I will have crossed the ocean, so to speak.

I think that I have been trying to just cope with all of the changes that have been taking place in myself over the last year... and with all of the changes I see coming in this next year. And, the thing is, that is not an excuse to overeat or to eat badly.

There are some subtle lessons I have been learning all along this way since I kind of dropped off the forum here. They are good, but I think I need to own up to myself with some things and I think I will do that now... at least I will try. And, honestly, I am not sure I can really get to where I think I want to go... I just don't know. But, I know I don't like where I am at, and if I don't do something for the positive, I will just keep sliding toward the negative -- you know, sink or swim... I can't seem to just float. I have never been much of a floater...

Okay. Time to take some footsteps.
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » July 18th, 2007, 11:56 am

Karli Karl, I am so glad to hear from you! I feel like I am making footsteps too.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby nickieluv » July 18th, 2007, 2:46 pm

Welcome back! You've been missed.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » July 18th, 2007, 2:47 pm

Karli......sending you my very best! I've missed you.
Tawanda

Postby Lizabette » July 18th, 2007, 4:27 pm

KARLI,
Nice to hear from you again. I've thought about you a lot.
Be good to yourself.
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby holberry » July 18th, 2007, 5:01 pm

Hey Karli,
glad you posted, that's a start eh?
those dang ruts in the road of life :x
but the good news is you know you can get out sweets.
best,
hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » July 18th, 2007, 6:14 pm

Hi Karli - so glad you are back - thanks for posting.

That's life for you - lots of bumps in the road. But that's where we tend to do the most growng. You know what you need to do when it comes to your weight loss journey - and you will get there. It will take some time but I have confidence that you will find your way. From the way you have put down into words and have analyzed your weight loss journey - all the tools are there.

I too have had lots of bumps in the road this year - sometimes I have failed other times I have been successful. We just need to pick ourselves up, brush ourselves off, learn from our mistakes, and carryon.

Glad to have to you back!! You have been missed. I hope you are here to stay.

Are you still continuing with the singing and the mentor etc.??
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Karli » July 19th, 2007, 7:17 am

Thanks very much, ladies, for the warm welcome back :) -- it has been very encouraging for me to have you be so kind and open-hearted towards me !

Well, I am happy to report a 4 pound loss overnight (yippeee !! :-P ) which puts me back into the 60 pound club, at least. I know that some of the "extra" that I have been weighing is just bloat (I would get back down and then go back up ... yadda yadda), but I am not sure how much. Once I started exercising last Spring, I was often around 169, which means I am only about 6 pounds over where I left off (but I haven't seen that number in a while and that was up 7 pounds from where I had been before I started exercising !).

I think that what I am seeking is to reach a lower weight without freaking out, and then I would really like to see if I can fathom staying steady there ... that is something I have KNOWN I wasn't ready for ... and I was doing *okay* though it's easy to get out of control and lately I have just had a difficult time truly compensating for my indulgences.

*sips coffee*

So, day two has been the toughie for me lately, and while I don't want to already be biting my nails regarding the day today, I want to at least brace myself. And, I know what actually works best for me regarding the plan (save the L/G for dinner, save the bar for my third meal), so I just need to stick to that plan and I should be fine :).

Thanks for asking about my music ! Well, I will begin with my audition mentor in September. She is in Montana right now at their "summer home" (sheesh ... but, she is officially retired so I guess I will allow it :-P ). I have spent the last month pretty much freaking out about this coming year's schedule ... but slowly I am just stepping up to the plate and doing what I need to do ... and I am finding ways to plan my teaching around my performances and vice versa. It was difficult for me to realize that I had to think of myself as a performer first, and a teacher second. I don't know that I do think of it that way, exactly, but I know that I am okay with making performing more of a priority now.

So, that's it for now ! Thanks again for your support and if you think in my direction today, please send some supportive thoughts for my day # 2 !

Love,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mickeyz » July 19th, 2007, 7:51 am

Karli,

I'm so glad you are back. 4 lbs, that's great.

Just hang in there for a few days and you'll be back in the groove. Drink your water and think positive thoughts.

I'm cheering for you! :D
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz

Postby bikipatra » July 19th, 2007, 8:02 am

Congrats on the loss! Glad you're back and with a BANG!!!! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby holberry » July 19th, 2007, 8:40 am

see Karli go !
rock on lovey
:bananadance: hols
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club